Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:25 PM
mr.big
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
200 yard target

I stopped at walmart and got some poster board,,I drew an 16 inch circle with a 4 inch center circle,,and drew a one inch + across the whole thing,,I cut out the four pie sections making a 16 inch target with a 4 inch center,

I plan on hanging newspaper on the backer and spray painting with flat black paint,,which should leave a 16 inch target with an open 4 inch center,,,

I wonder how many tries it will take to put 10 rounds in the 4 inch center??

pics tomorrow hopefully..
Old 09-30-2011, 10:44 PM
IsaacCarlson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You might be surprised at how easy it is. Keep us posted.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:18 AM
noremf
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
200 yard target

IME it ain't easy unless you are a desktop shooter. Don't be surprised if it takes a whole lot of rounds to shoot a 10 shot 4 inch group at 200. 4 inch groups would win a whole bunch of silhouette matches around here. Major Major difference shooting a .22 at a 100 vs 200 just like 50 vs 100.

Don't stop trying though. I haven't. Lots of fun and you learn a whole bunch about a whole bunch of things like wind, mirage, breath control, trigger control, ammo and your weapon and scope plus new swear words.

Good luck. I sincerely hope I beat you to it.

noremf(George)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 09:48 AM
mr.big

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
not today,,not even gonna waste the ammo,,wind has the big red oaks bent over about 10 feet,,

might shoot the 223 at 100 a little
Old 10-01-2011, 10:23 AM
mr.big

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
noremf,,I am gonna be trying it with the Brno sights,,hence the 16 inch target,,

I am gonna go put up one of my newspaper targets and see if the stencile idea will actually work,,
Old 10-01-2011, 06:54 PM
noremf

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
4 inches at 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.big View Post
noremf,,I am gonna be trying it with the Brno sights,,hence the 16 inch target,,

I am gonna go put up one of my newspaper targets and see if the stencile idea will actually work,,
Actually, 99% of my shooting is done with open sights. Only 1 weapon that is scoped. Do temporarily mount a scope on a new weapon for figuring out best ammo and also will mount a scope to check a weapon that went sour on me.

I will tell you exactly how it will go.

Perfect day.
No wind. Smoke rings would stay round until they hit the ground.
Temp in low 70's.
Humidity below 50%
Gorgeous foliage
Sun is right on and no mirage.
No Other shooters.
Favorite songs on the portable Grundig including "first date" song.
Gun mates up like it was handcarved just for you.
Action is smooth as a baby's bottom.
Front sight is so clear it looks magnified.
Automagic centering of front/rear/target.
9 shots right under 4.
Tension builds up. . . . gonna get that last shot.
Trigger breaks like glass.
Round makes a funny sound. More like a pop than a crack.
Oh man
Go to the target and carefully check the holes and YOU GOT IT.
High fives and cool little dance by the target.
No one there to see it but God.
God will not post on RFC or send you an Email.

Ask me how I know.

noremf(George)
Old 10-01-2011, 06:59 PM
mr.big

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Lol,,
Old 10-02-2011, 12:55 PM
donw

in the high desert of southern kalifphornia
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
just "For grins" i was shooting some 300 yd silhoutte with the .22lr last time i went to Adair shooting range near Yuma, az...

no hits that i know of but all were "Near misses"...

fun...i WILL try it again...

let us know how you do...
Old 10-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Gary C
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Depending on the ammo you're planning on using, you'll probably need 23-28" of elevation in your sights.

A 16" target with a 4" bull will be easy to see using aperture sight. I don't know what front you're using, but if you're using a circular insert, make sure the circle gives you at least a couple, maybe even 4", of white around the target That's important to getting the rifle lined up correctly. I shoot 11 x 13" steel rams at 200 yards. If you're going to do this off a bench, with a bench rest, you should have no problems whatsoever. Try it prone with a bipod for some real fun.

The big this is going to be the drop of the bullet. If you can't get 23+" of elevation from a 50 yard zero, then you're going to have to do the hold over thing, and hold over with aperture sights is all about not having a good time.

Good luck to you. It's starting to brighten up here, so as soon as my jeans and sweatshirt get finished drying, it'll be off to the range. Temps are supposed to be in the high 50's today. Summer has left the house!

Gary
Old 10-02-2011, 08:57 PM
mr.big

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
from a 25 yard zero,it takes me 40 clix to get to 100 yards,and 148 more clix to get to 200 yards,,at 200 yards I have 52 clix left.

from the adjustments I have wrote down with the 28.6 inch bbl the Brno sights work out real close to 1/4 minute click adjustments.

I was using the 2.5mm metal insert but I may try a size or two larger next time.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:17 PM
2mene22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Thanks-That's the info I needed - I haven't tried the BRNO sights at 200 yet- I was curious how much elevation was left .
Old 10-02-2011, 09:51 PM
mr.big

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mene22s View Post
Thanks-That's the info I needed - I haven't tried the BRNO sights at 200 yet- I was curious how much elevation was left .
I think if whoever makes the adapters would make a couple different thickness where you could zero at the very bottom at 25 yards it might make it to 300 yards,,

or if you could get by with 50 at the very bottom I am sure they would reach 300 yards,,

I have about 30 clix down left at 25 yards I wish I had at the top,,
Old 10-03-2011, 06:37 PM
William Harper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile 200 yard target:

Oct. 4, 2011
My Fellow Marksmen:
The Williams target receiver sight with factory front lowered as much as possible will give you three loads that will shoot well at 300 meters from the Ultra Lux. If you use a shorter barrel like the CZ Lux the sight angle changes favorably allowing you to make play with more loads at 300 meters. See my threads on this sight and those two rifles and many elevations and load performances. Just click my name and go to those. Another contributor has stated he could get his BRNO rear and front to perform at that range. I have given the figures and loads. We implore that more shooters with the BRNO and the Tech sights take the time to study how they perform from close to medium range. That is not work. That is fun! Let's get that data and help our fellow marksmen! Good shooting to you!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:02 PM
noshow

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Mr Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Harper View Post
Oct. 4, 2011
My Fellow Marksmen:
The Williams target receiver sight with factory front lowered as much as possible will give you three loads that will shoot well at 300 meters from the Ultra Lux. If you use a shorter barrel like the CZ Lux the sight angle changes favorably allowing you to make play with more loads at 300 meters. See my threads on this sight and those two rifles and many elevations and load performances. Just click my name and go to those. Another contributor has stated he could get his BRNO rear and front to perform at that range. I have given the figures and loads. We implore that more shooters with the BRNO and the Tech sights take the time to study how they perform from close to medium range. That is not work. That is fun! Let's get that data and help our fellow marksmen! Good shooting to you!
Unfortunately, this forum only stores the last 200 posts for any given member. That takes us back just to February 2011 for your earliest post. I don't think that's far back enough to show us your extensive research and detailed notes. I hope someone comes along and proves me wrong, as I would love to review some of your earlier postings. Thank you for all your contributions
Old 10-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Even if you don't have enough range in your sight, you can always use an off set aiming point as long as the difference is in reason.

Szumi