R F C links to Winchester Info - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:06 PM
dbl

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

It might be the same thing as Morgan and Benny! But that would just be a guess!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:30 PM
herpestes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
http://doantrevor.com/2011/07/15/gus...kenyon-action/

he also made a action that followed the martini international design
Old 05-28-2012, 02:09 AM
jGEE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpestes View Post
http://doantrevor.com/2011/07/15/gus...kenyon-action/

he also made a action that followed the martini international design
THANKS FOR THE LINK!!

Here are the pics.. I would like to re-save them so they don't get lost.. thanks again.... joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Renegade61

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullgun View Post
Kix; you're in for another fun ride if you start collecting these (maybe "accumulating") is a more accurate term.
Six (6) different versions of this 2nd generation (or "repro" as some call them) 52 sporter were produced depending on how you define it.
By my count, they are as follows;
1)st version was the Ltd. production marked "Browning", already in production the year "Winchester" was purchased by the owners' of Browning, thus setting the stage for the next production run with "Winchester" stamps. This Browning is a 52 C wearing the high-combed C stock.
2)nd version "Winchester"; this was introduced as a limited edition with total numbers of production unclear. This is a C sporter but wearing the more conservative, lower-combed "B" stock.
3)rd version "Winchester" stamped "Utah Centennial"; this is a special run of the above listed Winchester 52 but with rollmarks honoring the State of Utah's Centennial. Otherwise identical to the remainder of the Winchester 52 C production run.
4)th version the super-rare "Fajen"-stocked Winchester 52 C sporter, wearing the racy, fiddle-back maple stock. This was produced in extremely low numbers (less than 50 total?) for the S.H.O.T. show, along with a series of 4 similarly-stocked other Winchester rifles. So there was a set of 5 Winchesters all wearing the same semi-custom Fajen stock, with this M 52 being one of the set of 5. The serial numbers were all the same within the set. Finding, and acquiring one of these Fajen rifles without buying the set of 5 Winchesters is nearly impossible and is a $$ venture.
5)th version is limited to 250 rifles (at the most) commissioned by Zander's Sporting Goods from the regular production run of the Winchester 52 Cs. This Zander's rifle has a heavier, tapered barrel than the standard sporter. The muzzle is counter-bored and the receiver is grooved for dovetailed scope mounts. This is a high-gloss stock in the same configuration that the regular run of Winchester 52 C sporters wore.
6)th is the same as above, 250 rifles (at the most) but wearing a satin finished stock.
This completes all the versions of the second generation or "reproduction" 52 C sporters produced. There were actually two separate runs of the "Ltd." production Winchester 52 C but they are identical in appearance, distinguishable only by serial numbers, I believe.
I owned an original C sporter but wouldn't carry it into the squirrel woods. It was pristine. So I had the C lt. target rifle wearing a custom American black walnut stock "sporterized" and carried it into the squirrel woods for decades. This rifle is visible in another thread on this board.
But, had ANY of the above sporters been available "back in the day" I would have bought and carried one of them into the woods without hesitation. And my custom 52 I had sporterized wouldn't exist (by the way, the rifle was already a "chopped" rifle when I first acquired it).
So Kix, have fun, there are the above six (6) reproductions out there to be tracked down and had (for a price). Incidentally, each of these rifles have the version designated in some way on the box, naming which rifle it is. In some cases it is only an adhesive bar code type label with the version also named in print.
I would like some more info on version #4 with pictures if available. Any body have more details?
Old 02-03-2015, 11:07 PM
3Dub
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade61 View Post
I would like some more info on version #4 with pictures if available. Any body have more details?
There is some literature that says there were 1,000 Zanders heavy barrel variants (500 satin and 500 glossy finish). So far, all of the ones we have documented fall within a range of 600 (10NP801544 low to 10NP801987).

The "NP" in the serial number indicates production in 1998; same as the 400 or so Fajens and 1100 standard barrel guns.

The barrel is 0.960 at receiver end and 0.675 at muzzle (versus 0.555 for the "pencil barrel" standard 52Rs).

From the side, the stocks appear the same as the standard barrel 52Bs. When you look at them from the bottom, you will notice that the barrel tensioning screw is not there (same as the Brownings).

The receiver is grooved for tipoff scopes.

The muzzle is counterbored slightly - see post 116:
https://rimfirecentral.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=418617

I'm guessing your SN 10NP800058 is a Fajen and looks the same as those shown in posts 117 and 183 in the same thread?