New Scout .22 - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Mac12782

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

That looks awesome man, I'm loving the strut! Can't wait to see this thing all finished up.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Crowcifier666
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinker25 View Post
Looks awesome!!!!!!!! The accu-strut looks like a great match and the butt plate is killer! Nice work man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac12782 View Post
That looks awesome man, I'm loving the strut! Can't wait to see this thing all finished up.
Thanks for the compliments gents...I'm getting antsy to finish her up. Definitely keeping me busy for the winter months, as planned. She'll be a blast this summer.

Mac, keep an eye on your mailbox, I got that clamp out the other morning.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Crowcifier666

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Almost finished with her! Fit the strut into the stock, drilled the butt stock stash out, and took a torch to the stock and gave it a camo job; it's different, but I like it. All that's left is finishing the stock with tung oil and some feed n wax.

We're all 18+ gun owners here, right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Plinker25

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Lookin darn fine on all fronts!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Mac12782

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think I need to pick a better background for my gun pix now lol. I did just snap a pic of my girlfriend wearing a tactical hood, load bearing vest, gloves, and about 5 firearms haha. She wanted a pic to send to one of her friends that is into guns lol so who am I to turn that down. I have some other "interesting" gun pics as well but those arent for all eyes ha. Guess I'm headed over to http://www.tacgirls.com/ to order some new backdrops. BTW, the build looks good man! When is it going to get broke in at the range?
Old 02-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Crowcifier666

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just a thought I had; are there any good dependable flashlights that are small and lightweight, small enough to use under the barrel with the strut clamp? I think the diameter is close to 1/2". 5/8" maybe? Don't know much about "tactical" lights but a small LED run off a AA or AAA would be ideal unless there is a superior battery for the situation. Like I said I'm ignorant to electronics.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Crowcifier666

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Done.

The last coat of Feed n' Wax is dry and I put her together last night. Took the rear sight off and loc tite'd the screws, tightened everything up. Took me about 4 months. Now what do I do? Big thanks to Mac12782, for spiritual guidance.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:18 PM
notarex
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
That looks real nice Crow! Have you found that the scope stays zeroed when you take it on and off?
Old 02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Crowcifier666

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks notarex, to tell you the truth, I haven't shot her much. The weather round here has been crap and I've been indoors working on her. I very much doubt the scope will hold zero. I've been trying to build this on the cheap, the scope and rings were $40. I eventually will look into some quality QD rings just for this reason. The good thing is that once the Tech Sights are zeroed, they will be that way for good, versus a rail mounted BUIS, which I'd have to re sight every time the rail comes off for cleaning. Taking her out Sunday, for a test shoot!

Last edited by Crowcifier666; 02-12-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Crowcifier666

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Took out the rig today, and she is shooting great! No more jams with the new charging handle!

I did have some FTFeed problems with my Tactical Innovations magazine (I have adjusted them as per the instructions). It was it's maiden voyage, and I have recently been reading about problems with these. I guess the follower needs to be sanded? It wouldn't bring the next round up enough to load after one manually chambered was fired. Someone on another forum was having problems, and took it apart and smoothed it out, and it worked fine after. I will have to do some work on it I guess. Not too much motivation though, as the banana mags are a little out of place on this build. For now I will stick with my factory 10s....

I am still thinking about the MWG 50 rnd tear drop mag, can't justify that $80 price tag, though. I like the idea of epoxying another factory 10 rnd to the bottom of another, but I'm afraid of losing the exposed rounds underneath or damaging feed lips (remember this isn't a safe queen, it's a budgeted plinker that will get heavy use and abuse). Any ideas?

In other good news, I found that my scope DID re zero quite nicely, though I wasn't shooting paper. I had it zeroed previously for 25yd, and was hitting bottles dead-on at 15 -20yd today. Might be luck I guess....
Old 02-17-2011, 03:39 PM
mac66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very cool, congrats.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Floater
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowcifier666 View Post
Made a paracord adjustable sling last night....I'm really happy with the (close to-) finished product.

The fore end snap is tied with a Prussic hitch around the length of cobra-stitched sling, daisy chained for extra length if I get fat!

Just waiting for the rail mounted sling stud and we're in business!
WOW ... LOVE that sling ...

... I use 550 cord as boot laces, and to wrap tac-knife & machete handles and anywhere else I can fit it into my "weight budget" (including extra bundles, in my 3-day pack and a full spool, behind the back seat, of my truck).

I do not suppose you can do a YT vid, showing us how to "braid" it ??

I know you don't want that front clip to rattle ! ... You can use cammo duct-tape ... or ...
... Home Depot has cans "rubber dip", for tool handles, like hammers & shovels. ... I think they make it in green (they definitely have red).

Last edited by Floater; 02-18-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Floater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am wonderring exactly how that quad-rail attaches to the gun and which after-stocks will work with it and which ones will NOT ...

... Where can I get ALL the info/instructions/docs/reviews ???

Digital Camo Bed-Spread !! ?? ... Why not just string a jungle hammock up, in yer back yard ... wait ... you already did !!??

Last edited by Floater; 02-18-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Crowcifier666

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater View Post
WOW ... LOVE that sling ...

... I use 550 cord as boot laces, and to wrap tac-knife & machete handles and anywhere else I can fit it into my "weight budget" (including extra bundles, in my 3-day pack and a full spool, behind the back seat, of my truck.

I do not suppose you can do a YT vid, showing us how to "braid" it ??

I know you don't want that front clip to rattle ! ... You can use cammo duct-tape ...

I am wonderring exactly how that quad-rail attaches to the gun and which after-stocks will work with it and which ones will NOT ...

... Where can I get ALL the info/instructions/docs/reviews ????......
Floater, the sling technically isn't made of 550, but of a similar wider diameter cord. I did use black 550 for the adjuster attached to the snap. The braid is called a cobra stitch, and is already on youtube. There are some that will give you estimates of how much cord is needed as well.

As for the rail, it attaches via the receiver top screws, all four usually but I chopped the rear to fit the tech sights. Also there is a "barrel band" on the front end that clamps it to the stock, I had to modify my stock (compact) but they are made to fit the carbine. Unfortunately, it needs to be removed for serious cleaning/ disassembly, but I usually just bore snake her, until she gets real dirty. Search UTG quad rail, and you will find some info.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Floater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowcifier666 View Post
Floater, the sling technically isn't made of 550, but of a similar wider diameter cord. I did use black 550 for the adjuster attached to the snap. The braid is called a cobra stitch, and is already on youtube. There are some that will give you estimates of how much cord is needed as well.

As for the rail, it attaches via the receiver top screws, all four usually but I chopped the rear to fit the tech sights. Also there is a "barrel band" on the front end that clamps it to the stock, I had to modify my stock (compact) but they are made to fit the carbine. Unfortunately, it needs to be removed for serious cleaning/ disassembly, but I usually just bore snake her, until she gets real dirty. Search UTG quad rail, and you will find some info.
Muchos Garcias !