Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Graft213

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jGEE View Post
Here is a picture i found when moving threads the other day, showing the relocation of the 52C trigger pivot pin. I have not done this with a Winchester trigger but i tried the mod with my Kimber 82G. The Kimber pull went front 2 pounds to 6oz on my Lyman digital guage... but i did get a bit of creep with the Kimber.
TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH.... joe

(*SOME OF THE POST ARE OUT OF ORDER*)

I have a Winchester 52D trigger marked "Kenyon" with some serial number markings. The pivot pin relocation corresponds with the post/picture noted above. The trigger breaks at 6oz.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:08 AM
jGEE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graft213 View Post
I have a Winchester 52D trigger marked "Kenyon" with some serial number markings. The pivot pin relocation corresponds with the post/picture noted above. The trigger breaks at 6oz.

the trigger shoe has also been modified... thanks joe
Old 04-20-2012, 06:52 PM
jGEE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
T "borrowed" this pic from the Suhl forum.. Kenyon is a part of rimfire history and this is the first time I have ever seen his picture.... joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Bunsen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb8345 View Post
Walkerdog4
I just picked up a 52B via my gun dealer that he purchased from an estate. By the amount of dust on the rifle we think it has been sitting in a closet for ~20 years. Anway, upon disassembly I noted that it did not have a factory trigger on it. Thanks to all the great folks at RFC I now know it is a Canjar. It still has the original wire loop and works beautifully! I get to take it to the range this weekend once I get the scope mounted. I'll like also be ordering irons as well thanks to the great wealth of information I found in another thread. This place is awesome!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:28 PM
WIN-52
US Army Veteran GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kixonrt66 View Post
The elusive "Lawyer Pin" is the small roll pin just ahead of the trigger pull weight screw.

Kix
You mentioned this is the Lawyer Pin but what do you do with it?? Just remove it and forget it? What is the purpose if this pin? Thanks for any help you can give me on this modification..
Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 AM
RiverRider
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

You don't LIVE in the DFW area, you EXIST there.
TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
The adjustment screw is turned out, CCW, to lighten the pull weight. The screw has a collar on it and when it contacts the "lawyer pin," it won't turn out any further. Drive the pin out and you'll be able to decrease pull weight further. As I understand it the pin is there to meet some kind of pull weight limit for a certain type of competition.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:11 PM
WIN-52
US Army Veteran GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRider View Post
The adjustment screw is turned out, CCW, to lighten the pull weight. The screw has a collar on it and when it contacts the "lawyer pin," it won't turn out any further. Drive the pin out and you'll be able to decrease pull weight further. As I understand it the pin is there to meet some kind of pull weight limit for a certain type of competition.
thanks Riverrider for the info. I removed the pin and lubed all the contact points I could and got the pull down to 1.5 lbs. Thanks again
Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Dollar Bill
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
[QUOTE=jGEE;3984230]T "borrowed" this pic from the Suhl forum.. Kenyon is a part of rimfire history and this is the first time I have ever seen his picture.... joe

Thanks for the post, Joe!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
On the 52A's, can these be retrofitted with either a later (B or later) trigger or an aftermarket like a Canjar so I can use a side safety like the B's and eliminate the wing safety?

Bob
Old 01-07-2013, 02:08 PM
DPSTX
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSc View Post
On the 52A's, can these be retrofitted with either a later (B or later) trigger or an aftermarket like a Canjar so I can use a side safety like the B's and eliminate the wing safety?
The B trigger is too different and requires additional machining of the receiver. Ditto for the C and later, they're ENTIRELY different. There may be an aftermarket for the pre B's, but I don't know for sure. I believe you're stuck with the wing safety, I know I am......

DPSTX
Old 01-09-2013, 11:01 AM
saxmaneagle
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Replacement Wire

...check out guitar strings, you can find the dimension you need
Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 PM
FredJ_2008
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
.030 to .035 Piano wire

I picked up this wire at a local hardware store. Tru-Value or Ace will have it. I've used Aluminum as well a steel, and can't tell the difference in operation. Aluminum wire will be much easier to work with.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:51 PM
saxmaneagle
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I play electric guitar, and know that the string gauges can be had in almost any thickness..there is such variety for playing styles, and also know individual strings can be had for those who custom string their guitars, rather than buying them in sets...

...this is just one example...

http://www.amazon.com/DAddario-EXL11...9398946&sr=1-5
Old 02-08-2013, 08:54 PM
541X
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Need to lighten the trigger on my Miroku 52 Sporter with the Micro-Motion trigger-group. Have removed the roll-pin and backed out the screw, but still at ~4# and am on the last thread on the screw.
Can I simply take out the screw and grind off 0.1" and start again?
Is the only part above the screw the one spring?
Thanks.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 PM
DPSTX
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 541X View Post
Need to lighten the trigger on my Miroku 52 Sporter with the Micro-Motion trigger-group. Have removed the roll-pin and backed out the screw, but still at ~4# and am on the last thread on the screw.
Can I simply take out the screw and grind off 0.1" and start again?
Is the only part above the screw the one spring?
Thanks.
If it were mine, I would replace the spring with a lighter one. Might be a bit tough to find one, but it doesn't have to be a "gun" spring. I replaced a trigger spring in one of my rifles with a trimmed one from a click-type pen in order to get the pull weight down to 2lbs. Look at the spring you have and then think about where you might find similar sized springs. I save springs from any small mechanical device that is going to be discarded.....

DPSTX