Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Seewin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)

Here are some pics that might help show the difference between the C & D trigger assemblies. I have marked the housings with either a C or D&E to differentiate the 2 units. Look closely and you will see the area circled in silver that show the different pivot point between the revised levers. The "X" shows where it is missing on the C model. Also note a couple of other changes, the slot at the front of housing is a different size for the different triggers. It was widened on the D revision. I have marked the slot with arrows on each side. Last change is the engagement screw design which was changed at the onset of the D model as well. It went from a spring loaded (anti vibration) assembly to a simple screw. Apparently the performance of the former it not measure up to its cost.
Steve

Old 07-04-2010, 05:27 PM
jGEE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I found these really nice pics on Gunbroker -said Winchester 52 -i guess one of the early 52's. I know Steve or someone can identify. maybe they will help someone one day...... just trying to build our library. joe

SEEWIN HAS IDENTIFIED THIS AS A WINCHESTER 52B TRIGGER.... THANK YOU SIR

Old 07-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Seewin

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
It's a 52B trigger.
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2010, 08:06 PM
jGEE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seewin View Post
It's a 52B trigger.
Steve
Thanks Steve!! joe
Old 11-24-2010, 07:06 PM
RiverRider
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

You don't LIVE in the DFW area, you EXIST there.
TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I came to this thread looking for disassembly and reassembly tips and was surprised to see that the trigger in my repro-52 is different from everything else here. My rifle is a Winchester and the stock does NOT have the Monte Carlo hump (which I think is rather unattractive), so I guess it is a 52B. Is that correct? The serial on my rifle is 10NR802XXX, if that is any help to anyone.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:15 AM
henry stenemeyer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
winchester 52 trigger

would like to know if there was an ISU trigger in the later 52 options. I have a couple of Kenyons and I know what a canjar is. I have been told there was an ISU trigger as an option. If anyone has a picture of this type or info I would like to be enlightened

s
Old 12-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Seewin

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
The "ISU" trigger was just a Kenyon with an adjustable trigger shoe which moved fore and aft, and had a straight post in lieu of the curved non-adjustable shoe as was installed on all the conventional Kenyon triggers at that time. Later Karl would make his trigger in either configuration requested by customer. Kenyon triggers were an option on the 52D & E model Internationals. He also sold hundreds of the same trigger on an aftermarket basis. All of his triggers which he manufactured were stamped "Kenyon" on the side plate of the housing. He also modified hundreds of factory 52 Micromotion triggers to lower the pull wt. These were typically not marked, but can be identified by the extra pivot holes he put in the them for the lever pivots. Many other gunsmiths still perform the same modification.
If you would post a picture of your triggers, I'm sure we can I.D. them. If you cannot post, just email a picture direct to me at [email protected], and I will try to help you out.
Steve
Old 12-01-2010, 05:38 PM
3Dub

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RiverRider,
As I understand it, the 52 repro's made in Japan are basically a copy of the Winchester 52C MicroMotion triggers but are not an exact duplicate. The first generation Japanese M52 repro's were the "Browning M52s". Their stock, too, was modeled after the Winchester 52C, with the Monte Carlo.
The second & third generation Japanese M52 repro's were sold as "Winchester M52Bs"; their stock was modeled after the Winchester 52B though they use the same MicroMotion-based action.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:18 PM
joelpend

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
52B Trigger Options?

I own (2) 52B rifles and would love to find an option for improving the triggers. Is there anything out there today or is there possibly drawings to use in making a trigger. I have a machine shop so given drawings I could possibly make triggers. Thanks for any information.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:42 PM
gjslutz
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trigger thread

Today I just picked up an early 52, 1928 build date. Any info on the triggers on them? It feels like a crisp, but 5 LB pull. I have not had time to look at it yet. I would like to get the pull down.

I like Joe did the trigger pivot pin mod on my Kimber, it is about 2 oz, but now has creep.

My C & D feels great, I would like to redo the trigger on this early 52 also.

Gary
Old 01-30-2011, 10:53 AM
kixonrt66

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRider View Post
I came to this thread looking for disassembly and reassembly tips and was surprised to see that the trigger in my repro-52 is different from everything else here. My rifle is a Winchester and the stock does NOT have the Monte Carlo hump (which I think is rather unattractive), so I guess it is a 52B. Is that correct? The serial on my rifle is 10NR802XXX, if that is any help to anyone.

The elusive "Lawyer Pin" is the small roll pin just ahead of the trigger pull weight screw.

Kix

Last edited by kixonrt66; 02-05-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Jim Keeney

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one not listed here

I have a Pre-A 52 with a trigger I don't see here. The engraving is almost illegible. Reads "Ha** Arms - Pat App For - Cleveland." The trigger guard has a small cut out in the center to allow the trigger to be pulled down/forward to release the bolt.

My 52 is SN 35510. Marksman stock. No sights, but with and extremely well-made custom scope mount base that does not require D&T of the receiver. Action is steel/pillar bedded with the original factory barrel set back, match (jam) chamber cut, and barrel recrowned. It is in immaculate condition.

I'm working on photos. I'd LOVE some input.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Jim Keeney

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I cannot read the text on mine. Any ideas? I will say that it is easily the best, most crist trigger I have ever felt on a 52. Absolutely no creep or overtravel to speak of, yet very positive. Set now at 24oz.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:28 PM
BrianJ
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
trigger

Jim,

I feel this trigger is a Hart from Hart Arms, Cleveland, Ohio. I won't be sure until I can get into my files in May but it appears so.
I don't know a great deal of Hart arms other than they used Winchester 52 and Springfield rifles as a basis to make some very nice custom rifles, both target and sporter. If I'm not mistaken in the 30's.
When I get home I may be able to tell you more.

bjm
Old 06-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Micro trigger on a Winchester 52D

Does anyone know a smith that works on Micro triggers? What is the lightest pull that it can be set? Mine is set at 1lb. with no creep. I would like to get it lightened if possible to 6-8 oz. I have gotten use to a jewell at 3oz. which makes a 1lb trigger seem awful hard. Any info greatly appreciated.