Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Icculus
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

LOL. Yeah she was probably still ****ed she had to stay in the other room while I was working on it because every time I let her in she tried to eat the paint covered pine needles.

ETA: what I can't say p i s s e d?--wow language filter working overtime.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:28 PM
djsmiles
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Hogue stock
Tactical Solutions barrel
Tactical Solutions mag release
Rimfire Technologies auto bolt release
Rimfire Technologies charging handle
Rimfire Technologies bolt buffer pin
Game Reaper 1 piece scope mount
Mueller APV 4.5-14x40 AO
Harris 6-9" bipod
Old 03-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Plink

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hello,
I'm new here and find this thread to be great.
It's helping me better visualize the end product. I plan to build a shooter for the ranch so a Hogue stock sounds like the right choice for that duty.
Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 03:10 PM
driveljay

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just wanted to say Hey and thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge...Ive been lurking for a while and soaking in all the info I can.

Anyway here is my Hogue Ultimate so far...

green hogue, E.R. Shaw barrel, cheapy simmons 3x9, caldwell bipod, vq hammer, vq buffer, and cheapy sling. Nothing too impressive but I enjoy it and really liked getting it all together.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:21 AM
DropTheHammer
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've just become a hogue believer. I'[ve had a rhineland arms RA22 style stock on since shortly after building my "ultimate." However, the more i use it the less i like it. Very uncomfortable to shoot for me between the grip and the buttstock.

I haven't been on this forum in years, since i finished my project.... its good to be back.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the best place to pick up a hogue overmolded for .920 barrel in OD green?

Thanks,
dth
Old 03-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Plink

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Try ShootersDiscount

Site says 3 in stock.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:14 PM
DropTheHammer
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Received my hogue OM today and installed. Took to the range over lunch and shot a few clips. Like it alot.... although LOP seems a little short.

Need to change the scope rings from extra high to low for the hogue.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:45 AM
D&B

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My all RT build
Old 04-02-2010, 11:48 PM
gunsmoke92

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's mine. Not as nice as some, not as loaded with goodies as I would like, but it's mine and is more than 1/4 MO ground squirrel accurate.

Hogue stock, Harris bi-pod, Tasco Pronghorn 4X32, polished trigger group, TS mag release, and a factory barrel which I had shortened to 16.5 inches, had a target crown cut and lapped, and had the rear sight removed and the dovetail filled.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Gadget
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Love the profile of the factory barrel after the work.

Gadget
Old 04-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Rugerismisticnes
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gunsmoke, how did you get the front sight off? Plastic hammer? Did it scratch the finish? I've got a stainless bead blasted barrel with the front sight that I want removed. I'm worried it will leave scrapes, scratches are very noticable with the beadblasted stainless.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:14 PM
gunsmoke92

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerismisticnes View Post
Gunsmoke, how did you get the front sight off? Plastic hammer? Did it scratch the finish? I've got a stainless bead blasted barrel with the front sight that I want removed. I'm worried it will leave scrapes, scratches are very noticable with the beadblasted stainless.
Took it to a local gunsmith and had him cut the barrel right behind the front sight band, then he cut a nice target crown and lapped it. He also removed the rear sight and filled the dovetail.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Rugerismisticnes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, I can't say theres a gunsmith in my area that I can trust that much. Man, I though it was gunna be ez
Old 04-05-2010, 07:12 PM
gunsmoke92

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerismisticnes View Post
Thanks, I can't say theres a gunsmith in my area that I can trust that much. Man, I though it was gunna be ez
From what my guy here told me, any decent smith that does rifle re-barrel work can do this in a little over an hour. Fairly simple. Another option would be to pick up another barrel (with all the builds going on here, you should be able to pick one up cheap or free) and have that barrel cut. Gives you a backup if all goes bad. Doing the end of the barrel is the easy part, where you would run into cosmetic problems is having the rear sight dovetail filled.

Another option I considered was an after market sporter profile barrel. I think GM makes them in 18", 20", and 16.5".
Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Rugerismisticnes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, I just bought a new Carbine to play around with for an all too soon Apple seed shoot in VA Beach. I'm just going to keep the sights and maybe get the tech sights and hogue stock. Thanks