Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:51 AM
PEASHOOTER67
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
Walther Colt 1911 ?

Excuse my ignorance here but whatís up with a gun labeled colt but made by and imported by Walther ?

Just scored a Colt Gold Cup Trophy 1911 .22lr for $224.99+tax.
Hope that was good price .
It was in the used cabinet but looked new/unused.

I noticed the barrel under the bushing is a thread protector. Where can I get the extension/adapter to use my sparrow with this pistol?

Test fired it when I arrived home and functioned perfectly. It will be a great companion to my s/s 1911 .45 as they are both the same size.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 01-21-2018, 08:32 AM
Cloudtop

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEASHOOTER67 View Post
Excuse my ignorance here but whatís up with a gun labeled colt but made by and imported by Walther ?

Just scored a Colt Gold Cup Trophy 1911 .22lr for $224.99+tax.
Hope that was good price .
It was in the used cabinet but looked new/unused.

I noticed the barrel under the bushing is a thread protector. Where can I get the extension/adapter to use my sparrow with this pistol?

Test fired it when I arrived home and functioned perfectly. It will be a great companion to my s/s 1911 .45 as they are both the same size.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
I buy from www.hughesprecision.com .
Old 01-21-2018, 09:55 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Talking WOW, you stole that one

I bought mine new when they came out about 5 years ago, I got a good deal at $330.00. the gold cup is one sweet 1911 .22 clone, mine ran 100% right out of the box. I already had a GSG 1911 .22 clone, but after I saw how much better Quality the colt/walther is I traded off the GSG on a ruger MKIV stainless target, never looked back. the Colt is well made, better finish too. I love the rubber wrap around grips. mine is not the threaded barrel model.this pistol gives you the satisisfaction of shooting a full size 1911, less noise and expense. you are gonna love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2018, 11:27 AM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Walther Colt 1911 ?

My wife has the browning 90% 1911ís one in .22 the other in .380. I figured since she has a .22 Rf version of her center fire why canít I have a full size .22 Rf version of my .45 1911.

So far I canít find any thing as to say about it except maybe the fake ivory grips that are on it. It did come with the plastic box and rubber grips it originally came with.

Last edited by PEASHOOTER67; 01-27-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:51 AM
LarDaBear
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I love my Colt/Walther Umarex 1911 Golt Cup.It's been 100% reliable and reasonably accurate.
I used it to teach my cousin's daughter and 12 &15 year old grandaughters to shoot SAFELY 2-3 years ago.
My understanding is most 1911 internal parts will work in the Colt Walther 1911 .22 in case you're already familiar with doing trigger jobs,etc. on 1911's.
I promised the girls when I go they would receive the C/W 1911 and their choice of my Browning Buck Mark SS slabside Camper or my Gen III Ruger 22/45,who gets which is for them to decide as they liked all 3 on their "training day".
Old 01-21-2018, 12:30 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Fun guns Peashooter and you got it at a good price. Here's one place to get the thread adapter http://www.tacticalinc.com/colt-umar...or-p-2302.html

You can just see the sights over the Sparrow, they're really a hoot suppressed!

Frank
Old 01-21-2018, 12:49 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Walther Colt 1911 ?

Thanks Frank.

I had the boys for the day yesterday and last week I promised since they got such good grades and behaved so well at school and for Aunt Kate ďmy wifeĒ that I would get them something when I got home.

Well yesterday was my running around doing errands day. Including the previous, and Aunt was at Cís doing her ccw or what ever they call it Now.

The oldest wanted a bow and arrow set and I wanted to get him something decent, so off to Cís to see Aunt and get a bow n arrow set.

Canít visit Cís without walking through the used guns and there it was ..........

It was instant want..........
At $224.99 how could I say no? It was easy to self justify it ...... lol ......

Last edited by PEASHOOTER67; 01-25-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:24 PM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just to make you feel even better about your purchase, I saw one under the glass at one of the local gunshops last week for $449.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:52 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Did I ever say that there is value in pre owned/used?

That has me feeling like I better not go back to Cís for a while for fear they would want the other half of their money.

LOL

Old 01-21-2018, 09:15 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
i would rather buy gently used than new

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEASHOOTER67 View Post
Did I ever say that there is value in pre owned/used?

That has me feeling like I better not go back to C’s for a while for fear they would want the other half of their money.

LOL

original owner paid depreciation, and that is good.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:15 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Walther Colt 1911 ?

Hey co-forum members. You have seen my New to me pistol and I really appreciate the reviews I received from those that cared to stop by this thread and weigh in, so Iím going to end this thread as a pif thread ..

As previously mentioned it came with fake smooth ivory pistol grips and I donít like them. The pistol also came with the original plastic carry case/box and the original black rubber grips.

This offer is only to those that have participated in this thread prior to this post.

ONLY AFTER if there are no takers by next Friday Feb. 2, 2018 then Iíll repost this offer to other takers.

If your name appears between post number one and this post the first one to claim these HOGUE 1911 pistol grips they are yours

Last edited by PEASHOOTER67; 01-27-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:50 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No kidding members......

No strings, no postage, no kidding.

Free 1911 grips! Should fit most all 1911 pistols with no fitting requirements other than the pistol be of a 1911 flavor.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:43 AM
Cloudtop

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Because of your post I took mine out the other day to shoot.Forgot how nice it shoots. Did you get the adapter yet?
Old 01-28-2018, 10:29 AM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

I agree Flysalot, old Peashooter is a pretty nice guy. I've seen him spreading the wealth more than once.

Slightly related since we talked about using Silencerco Sparrows on these little fun guns. Don't believe the factory recommended 1000 round cleaning interval. I did and holy moly what a mess! I'd say about 500 rounds max if you want to disassemble without sweating and bad language.

Have a fine Sunday gents (and ladies.)

Frank
Old 01-28-2018, 11:01 AM
Cloudtop

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCrunch View Post

I agree Flysalot, old Peashooter is a pretty nice guy. I've seen him spreading the wealth more than once.

Slightly related since we talked about using Silencerco Sparrows on these little fun guns. Don't believe the factory recommended 1000 round cleaning interval. I did and holy moly what a mess! I'd say about 500 rounds max if you want to disassemble without sweating and bad language.

Have a fine Sunday gents (and ladies.)

Frank
Im trying something new for me. It probably took me a good 5 hours to clean my warlock2 . So now after each range trip i pull it a part and give it a cleaning. Takes about 5 mins and after about 1000 rounds it still looks clean.