Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:39 PM
chrismetallica1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via MSN to chrismetallica1

Robert , Krista,
Got my Evolution setup with the rails I recived from you before christmas. You wouldnt believe how many people have asked me about the stock. You dont see many of them in England. I will be ordering the new one as soon as they are avalible. Glad to hear that all is well and production is under way. Have you got any pictures of the new stocks. It would be nice to see one.

All the best

Chris
Old 01-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Silverviper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can you put a A2 stock on the rb Precision stock?
Old 01-28-2008, 02:30 AM
Beckett72
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverviper View Post
Can you put a A2 stock on the rb Precision stock?
Many guys use A2 stocks with an Evolution, just because they're affordable and available!

I've used ACE skeleton stocks, and a Magpul PRS on my Evo, with no issues for pistol grip clearance, or optic mounting height.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 12:07 PM
chrismetallica1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via MSN to chrismetallica1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckett72 View Post
Many guys use A2 stocks with an Evolution, just because they're affordable and available!

I've used ACE skeleton stocks, and a Magpul PRS on my Evo, with no issues for pistol grip clearance, or optic mounting height.
Magpul PRS nice choice Beckett72. Great minds think a like. I too use the PRS stock with a DPMS panther target grip. Might buy an ACE M4 SOCOM stock if I ever get round to buying a .22LR AR15
Old 01-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Powersauce

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Powersauce
I placed an order towards the end of Dec last year....and this is great news!!...
Thanks Rob and Krista

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB Precision View Post
The Evolutions are now in full production, we were tired of the lame excuses from machine shops on delivery, the finish we require was not up to our standards so we took the shops out of the process.

We purchased a brand new Haas verticle machine center and another lathe..these evolutions are thicker on the sides, have a more uniform profile on the end, radiused(sic) ejection port area that follows the receiver lines. The trigger filler piece is an upgraded hidden design (no more pin holes) for a more streamlined look. We purchased 3 grand worth of blasting cabinets and black beauty media. We changed the side ball mill (at the front grip area) to a trick pattern, and scalloped and smoothed most of the machine cuts.

The biggest improvement is the ability to receive the VQ trigger packs.

I will not bore you with the unbelievable BS it takes to get a power company to get off their %%% and install a transformer (to the tune of $3,000) or the delay in getting a machine delivered but I feel the products will be worth it......

I have sixty pieces of the main body completed and being sandblasted, 200 more units are in the first operation. We have pleanty of projects in the Area 51 skunkworks of RB but will not rest untill every Evo order is filled and pleanty are in stock (then on to our billet ar lowers) Thank you for the support and patience. Anyone on the list who has stuck by us will receive discounts on rails/etc... more on that to follow....

Our obsessions started with .22's at age four and we have some surprises in store....

Thank you
Robert and Krista
Web: www.rbprecision.com
EMAIL: [email protected]
309-534-8175
Old 02-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismetallica1 View Post
...Great minds think a like...
So do crazy ones.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
PunisherEvo74
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PunisherEvo74
Here is my after a couple of updates...I got mine over a year ago...thank god...lol

Old 02-06-2008, 07:59 PM
MajorPayne

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
no list

I am a little leary about getting on a "list" to wait for a gun related product. About 25 years ago I took my highschool graduation money and got on a list for the new Bren Ten pistol. $200.00 and guaranteed one of the first available off the production line would be mine. I even could get a special serial number (last name and grad date). Well I am still waiting............

I did get a bankruptcy notice in 1987 or so that Dornaus and Dixon went belly up, never got a dime back.

So I will gladly wait until they are available to the public.

MajorPayne
Old 02-07-2008, 09:24 PM
smahala1286

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
has anyone here used the evolution stock for more of a sniper build? I'm trying to decide whether to go with an evolution stock or a hogue over mold with my build. I like the idea of being able to adjust the pull and having the comfort of a pistol grip versus the hogue which has neither.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Beckett72
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smahala1286 View Post
has anyone here used the evolution stock for more of a sniper build? I'm trying to decide whether to go with an evolution stock or a hogue over mold with my build. I like the idea of being able to adjust the pull and having the comfort of a pistol grip versus the hogue which has neither.
I don't know about sniper build, but for practice, with the Evolution, I shoot silhouette targets at 100yds, rapid fire semiauto, using only a bipod and an EoTech.
I've put 30rds into head, and 30rds into chest area, both groups smaller than your fist size (60rds in about 30seconds, within 2")!

The pistol grip gives you better control, and the adjustable buttstock helps stabilize better, as you find the best position for sighting, and trigger pull.

Even if you have to wait for an Evolution, you will notice an improvement, compared to using your conventional stock!

If you can't wait for an Evolution, a second choice would be a Tapco T6, for a pistol grip/adjustable buttstock!
Old 02-08-2008, 05:11 PM
pewpewcannon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Its free float, so I guess It could be used as a sniper build. I'll def buy one.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Walker
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
That's what caught my about the Evolution stock, its platform can be used for a multitude of different weapons.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Powersauce

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Powersauce
It was updated a few days ago...

http://www.rbprecision.com/id72.htm

I can't wait! I hope I'm in the first round..
Old 02-15-2008, 05:56 PM
RB Precision

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersauce View Post
It was updated a few days ago...

http://www.rbprecision.com/id72.htm

I can't wait! I hope I'm in the first round..

They are now shipping 20+ish a week, hope to have all back orders shipped in a couple weeks, email krista to find out where you are on the list, next Friday 2/22/08 we should have close to 50 shipping out!
thanks for all of the support and patience.
Robert
Old 02-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Walker
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Thanks for the update Robert, we appreciate it.