Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-12-2003, 10:50 PM
eerw
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
suppressed 22s

Interested in getting a sound suppressed firearm either on a 10/22 or a 22/45.

Anyone have any recommendations as to what manufacturers to look at..what ones to stay away from..

thanks for any/all information..
Old 01-12-2003, 11:45 PM
Mike S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had a chance to try this guys stuff,(9mm Beretta, 10/22, a couple of .22 pistols. I was very impressed. The guy who owned them said they were very easy to maintain, and the accuracy was very good.
http://www.revelationarms.com/
Old 01-13-2003, 12:22 AM
John F.
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A local class three dealer has taken me out with him to test a couple of guns for customers. We tested two integrally suppressed 10/22's, and I didn't like them much at all. With this type rifle, you have to remember, they usually start with an inaccurate factory 10/22 barrel, then shorten it and maybe drill holes in it as well, so the accuracy is nothing to write home about. One was by Gemtech, and it was pretty worthless. It was supposed to slow high velocity ammo down to subsonic speed, and didn't. Best accuracy was obtained in this unit with high velocity ammo, but it wasn't quiet. Accuracy was poor at 50 yards with subsonic Eley target ammo.

We also tested an integrally suppressed 10/22 by SWR, and while better than the Gemtech in both noise suppression and accuracy, it still wasn't all that great. We then tested a .22LR Omega suppressor by SWR that threads on to the muzzle, and were VERY pleased with it. We tested it on a very accurate 10/22, and the groups both with and without the suppressor were just one hole at 50 yards with Eley. Point of impact didn't change at all, with the suppressor on or off, and it was very quiet. We also shot this suppressor on a Walther P22, and it worked great on that also. Based on this test, my dealer friend ordered several of the Omega's.

One nice thing about the suppressor that threads on the muzzle is that it's very versatile, and can be used on more than one rifle/pistol, while an integrally suppressed rifle or pistol is less versatile. Here is the link to SWR.

http://www.swrmfg.com/

Hope this helps,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2003, 02:37 AM
portugal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
did anyone try the CZ452 lux

I own a CZ452 Lux and I screw on a suppressor (black barrel like thing with no brand name on it...) I put some some eley subsonics in and have already managed to kill a number of asttray dogs (they form a problem on my farm as they kill the animals and pose a threat to children) out to a distance of as much as 70 metres appr. Have never shot it at paper targets but if I (or my dad) can hit a dog's head at the aforementioned distances I am sure it is pretty accurate at paper targets at 50 metres....

just a thought....
Old 01-13-2003, 06:41 AM
John McCaw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Integrally Suppressed Accuracy

The best accuracy is obtained when using a better barrel that the stock Ruger 10/22's barrel. Butler Creek is a good choice in the .920 configuration. When you turn any barrel down to suppress you are going to change it somewhat by either reducing or inducing stress. A good job with well placed holes should satisfy just about anyone at 50 Yds. I am somewhat suprised that a Gemtech Integrally Suppressed was not as quiet as a muzzle can.

As far as the Gemtech not preforming I would contact Dr. Phil Dater or Kelly at Gemtech directly with your complaint.

John