Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:01 PM
chim
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

The wire that runs in the slot under the right grip (slot that runs up/down) is the disconnector. The mag ejector uses the wire to pull the disconnector down and away from the sear. The grip, disconnector and T-shaped spring for the mag button need to be lifted off.

The mag safety wire has hooks on the top and bottom. Removing the disconnector takes care of the top end, and to loosen the bottom you can use a mag to push the spring-loaded mag ejector button in. With that button pushed in, the wire will rotate out of it..............chim
Old 03-13-2008, 01:04 PM
MeefZah

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chim View Post
The wire that runs in the slot under the right grip (slot that runs up/down) is the disconnector. The mag ejector uses the wire to pull the disconnector down and away from the sear. The grip, disconnector and T-shaped spring for the mag button need to be lifted off.

The mag safety wire has hooks on the top and bottom. Removing the disconnector takes care of the top end, and to loosen the bottom you can use a mag to push the spring-loaded mag ejector button in. With that button pushed in, the wire will rotate out of it..............chim

Brilliant! Thanks. This worked just fine. As I recall, my old (long since sold) Buckmark did not have a mag safety.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:31 AM
razz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
tag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Hoffy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question How do we make this a sticky?

Just wondering!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Savagenut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
thanks for all the great info , chim ! i recently got a buckmark hunter & a tru-glo red-dot sight . can't wait to try it out !!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:29 PM
BansheeX
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Thanks for the great post. Everybody said the Buckmark was easier to clean that the Ruger, 22/45 and they are right!

What or where do you recommend oiling?

Last edited by BansheeX; 12-04-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:18 PM
chim

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
You're welcome. I just realized this thread was started nearly two years ago.

I don't subscribe to the spray and pray method, but try to apply the lube where it's needed. The two syringes below help a lot. They're from a farm store and have the sharp ends removed. The larger one has synthetic grease and the smaller a moly-base oil.

The pistol gets a small dab of grease on the underside of the slide where it hits the hammer. Another on the underside of the rail or rear sight base.

Oil goes on all the pins, sear and the slide / frame interface.

M2HB has me convinced I should try Eezox one of these days.

Mags get silicone that dries to the touch to avoid collecting crud. First they get disassembled and cleaned very well. Gouldian has a great explanation of stripping them posted (and it should be a sticky).

Buck Mark Disassembly/Reassembly Page here:

http://chim.embarqspace.com/#
Old 12-05-2009, 03:14 AM
vetsvette
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
I got turned on to Gun Butter over on XDTalk.com for my XDs. It works fine on my BM, lever guns, M1 Carbine, etc. You can get it in a pinpoint applicator similar to Chim's horse hypos.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:59 AM
22Fan
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Chim's "Dissecting a Buck Mark" is the best instructional post I've seen on the Buckmarks. Thanks a bunch for that, Chim!

I was able to copy the instructions along with the pics and made a pdf so I can go through each individual page and print it out if needed. I also found Chim's excellent instructional on replacing the Buckmark trigger and did the same thing. I will be replacing three triggers and I'm sure I will "have" to use Chim's instructions.

Thanks again Chim for your excellent contributions!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:31 PM
J.Price

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
PDF of "Dissecting a BuckMark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Fan View Post
Chim's "Dissecting a Buck Mark" is the best instructional post I've seen on the Buckmarks. Thanks a bunch for that, Chim!

I was able to copy the instructions along with the pics and made a pdf so I can go through each individual page and print it out if needed. .............
22Fan, How about posting a link to the PDF file you made so we all could get a copy? ...
Old 12-21-2010, 08:03 PM
pogo123

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Price View Post
22Fan, How about posting a link to the PDF file you made so we all could get a copy? ...
I think there is already a PDF posted in post #62.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:24 PM
22Fan
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Doh!

I missed that one. More pics too. Thanks.

I made one of Chim's trigger replacement instructions too. I don't know how to post it for downloading (don't know if Chim would aprreciate it either).

Last edited by 22Fan; 12-21-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:59 PM
chim

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Please feel free to copy/download/share whatever you find helpful. It was done in an effort to help others enjoy their Buck Marks. As long as it serves that purpose I'm happy.

Buck Mark Disassembly/Reassembly Page here:

http://chim.embarqspace.com/#
Old 12-22-2010, 12:47 AM
photoracer
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
A lot of that cleaning is not totally required. I have yet to clean any of my mags, some of which are around 10 years old. I shoot on the average 3 club matches a month and up to 3 major matches per year in rimfire.I keep some spare parts in my match bag and have had only one mag failure out of 10 in that time and that was a new one that started to have loading problems. I used to be one of the ones who oiled any surface that parts moved on, based on my military teletype repair experience. Now I'm convinced most of that is a waste. To clean my rimfire raceguns now I use Eezox on patches to clean the barrel and feed ramp. When I take the slide out I check to see any crud on the firing pin area and if so I will blow it out with air. except for that I don't do anything else. Clean the slide front with some Eezox, then put some on the slide rails and that is it. I might blow out the hammer and trigger area with some air if I see much in there.
I don't believe in using grease because I shoot during cold weather and that can cause issues. I could use lithium grease cut a little but I've never used grease on guns except for storage.
I firmly believe the less you do the less trouble you have. That is why I mentioned in some other thread that I know match shooters that only clean their rimfire guns 1-2 times a year at most.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Anschutz 310

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
sear spring

Can someone post a picture or drawing of the sear spring and the position it is in when assembled. Which end is up and back or front.??