Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-28-2019, 10:03 AM
ericuda

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trifold billfold recommendations

Sorry if not appropriate it was deleted on another forum. Anyway just looking for a billfold others have had and would recommend. Anyone have any recommendations on a new billfold. My old trifold wore out years ago and I cannot find a suitable replacement. Not sure what it was but it lasted me 20 years. I see Hanks belts has a decent one. I want the first unfold to have a clear slot for drivers license and middle spot to hold upright debit card, etc. The last unfold I use for miscellaneous stuff. Like to have pockets to shove hunting license and other cards like insurance that are not commonly used.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:46 AM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Get one already full of money. I get a new one every year or two, a bi fold. The tri folds seem to be to thick for me. I can't imagine one lasting for years but then again mine gets pretty sweat soaked a number of times a year. Good luck with it. Oh yeah, won't be deleted here....fits right in unless someone can somehow turn a billfold thread political. Good bunch of people here....I'm sure some of them have gems of advice. 1917
Old 10-28-2019, 12:34 PM
alum572
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Got one of these recently. I, too, prefer bifold for various reasons. If you need more clear storage space for credit cards, etc. they can be found at Amazon and slipped into one of the leather slots. Quality and good looks.

https://www.amazon.com/Lositto-Block.../dp/B074VPZVZ3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2019, 12:38 PM
ericuda

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thx guys. I guess I have never had a bifold, always trifold. Maybe I need to try a cheap billfold first to see if it wears on me. I dont use many of the card slots and have pretty much zero money in it.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:52 PM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Who needs money when a credit card will do? It'll result in a zero bank balance in a month.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:06 PM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (125)
My kids bought me a Fossil leather tri-fold several years back, works well and since to them I am a Fossil, it's appropriate.

My wife makes sure it always folds fully by keeping the folding money pocket devoid of cash.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:52 PM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm in your boat. I had a Totes brand nylon tri-fold that lasted about six years. I liked it because the left and center pockets were loose enough to hold about five cards each; the right side was three individual pockets that could each hold two cards.

Luckily I bought two at the time, and I'm using the second one now. Now it seems Totes is gone and I can't find the same design in nylon or leather. The pockets on most are so tight you can barely get one card in.

Between ATM, medical, credit, and store cards, plus driver license, carry permit, etc.,; I think I've got 16 cards. More cards than money......
Old 10-28-2019, 04:29 PM
ericuda

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That fossil is exactly what I like in a trifold. 48 so not bad. The hanks is twice that and I am debating if it is worth it. I guess I like a well worn wallet.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:41 PM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I like the zipper single billfold. I carry mostly debit cards (3) but all the rest of the card slots ar VA, Driver's license, Weapons license, Ga Lifetime Sportsman license, Insurance card, Medicare Part A card, Sam's Club, USAA Card, BC/BS card, Dental ins. card, Optical Ins, Pistol Club Card, Bass Pro Retiree Card, Library Card, and probably another one I don't recall. i stick a $50 in the back slot in case I need some folding money.

VH
Old 10-28-2019, 04:53 PM
Skeeve
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Lo-Cal So.Cal., where the money is plastic & the people are too!
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericuda View Post
My old trifold wore out years ago and I cannot find a suitable replacement.
Your chiropractor must love you! [aka, trifolds are sucktastic for hip pocket wallet carriers...]

Look for a "hipster" bi-fold: it has a bunch of card slots. May be a bit oversize for narrow pockets on some articles of clothing, but nothing I've worn in the last few years has had any problems. (So, the name is kind of ironic, since hipsters in their skinny jeans wouldn't be able to use one! ) Bonus: doesn't flip around inside cargo pockets and get discombobulated [off topic: why do they always put cargo pox in the wrong place? Front 1/4 of the thigh, please, so they're still accessible when seated & don't catch on everything! sigh...]

Here's a link to what I'm talking about [just using it for photo example, no recommendation on this particular offering...] linky

Last edited by Skeeve; 10-28-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:02 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
ROLFS leather trifold here, been carrying my last one for over 10 years. It's showing wear but not wore out by any means. I have replace the plastic card holders a few times.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:03 PM
David Valdina
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Big Skinny wallets, terrific.

I just ordered my second one. I forget how long the first one lasted, but a long time. This one has RFID blocking built into it. It is a "Hipster Bi-Fold" with two levels of places for cards etc. This makes it very thin. Go here and look around.

https://www.bigskinny.net/wallets-for-men.html
Old 10-28-2019, 05:19 PM
S&WK-22

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericuda View Post
Sorry if not appropriate it was deleted on another forum. Anyway just looking for a billfold others have had and would recommend. Anyone have any recommendations on a new billfold. My old trifold wore out years ago and I cannot find a suitable replacement. Not sure what it was but it lasted me 20 years. I see Hanks belts has a decent one. I want the first unfold to have a clear slot for drivers license and middle spot to hold upright debit card, etc. The last unfold I use for miscellaneous stuff. Like to have pockets to shove hunting license and other cards like insurance that are not commonly used.
Coach.
Buy once, cry once. (Actually, cry less)
Mine usually last 15 years , or thereabouts.
If you have an outlet store close, that is a good lick.

Best,
Gary
Old 10-28-2019, 06:22 PM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently retired a stingray wallet that I'd had for about 10 years. Tough stuff. I think it could have stopped a 357 mag. Similar to this one; may have been the same maker...

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Polis...n%2C233&sr=1-6
Old 10-28-2019, 07:22 PM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been carrying the same nylon tri-fold since sometime in the last century. It's so old I can't remember when I bought it and I don't think it cost more than five or six dollars. It rides in the console when I'm driving and gets stuck in my pocket when I go into a store and returned to the console as soon as I return to my vehicle. Sometimes I can even con my wife into carrying in her purse. I find sitting on it uncomfortable and a chiropractor chewed on me pretty hard years ago for carrying one in my hip pocket. I doubt I'll ever wear it out but it will be another nylon cheapie if I do. It's only a pouch with pockets to hold a few cards and not much money. I see no need for fancy for that duty.