Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-16-2019, 03:44 PM
eastbank
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
adjusting the cz 527,s triggers

google adjusting the cz 527, triggers and click on the u-tube video, plain-clear-simple and all you need to adjust the 527,s triggers, regular and single set.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:04 PM
I6turbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Regarding the CZ SST, whether in the 453, 527, or 550, I HIGHLY recommend tinkering with it to get it to the point that it's as near ideal for your preferences as possible. I originally adjusted some of mine to where they were good, but it wasn't good enough in Set mode to make me like the trigger despite the reach forward and the over-travel that I kind of didn't like. Consequently, I set all of my SSTs up for a light Non-Set mode, and disabled the Set feature.

Then a year or two later I was shooting my 527 Varmint with some ammo that was very accurate and consistent, and I realized that the trigger was preventing me from getting my best out of the gun. So, I spent some time getting the Set trigger just perfect for my preferences, to the point that it seems I can just THINK I want the gun to fire, and it fires. It's very light, but I've never gauged any of them. I don't care what the weight is, but it's right for me. I now LOVE the SST, and have taken the time to adjust all of my CZ SST rifles to that level of "just right" for me.

I will also say that getting the Set trigger just right for me took some adjustment time and effort. The setting changes just a little bit when you tighten it down, so it's a little bit of a trial-and-error thing. But, IME, it's WELL worth the time to work with it some if needed.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:23 AM
Nebbiolo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I liked this video - probably took 20 mins to get mine perfect in both regular and set modes. Different finger placement using the set trigger the and ability to have the regular trigger around 1.5 lbs means I never really use it. Might be nice if I kept the regular trigger heavier.

https://youtu.be/BqcwFciaVbc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2019, 03:18 AM
B23
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm not a big fan of using the "set" mode of my 527's for a couple reasons. One, I don't like the position it puts the trigger in when you push it forward and set it. Two, it causes me to move the gun to much when I'm pushing it forward to set it.

I do like a very light trigger though, so I replace the trigger pull weight spring with one I get from James Calhoon, they cost a whole $2.00, and it allows me to get the trigger down to 8-10 ounces without having to use the set mode.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:56 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to whtsmoke
Great video on a how to, the best part for me was the tail end on reassembly as I found out on my own about the mag not going in correctly and had yo study and guess a bit to figure that out.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:10 AM
idahoron

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am another one that is thankful for the video just on the reassembly. I had a %%%%% of a time getting mine together.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:56 AM
NWFRS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As others have said, spend the time to get it the way you want it. I spent several days on mine, with the literature open in front of me and those adjustment videos playing in the background. It's also extremely helpful to buy some tiny open-end wrenches if you don't already have any. I replaced all of my lock-nuts with stainless ones because the factory nuts are SOFT. I managed to get both rifles down to about 1.5-2.0 lbs. The "set" function breaks at mere ounces now but like others I prefer to not use it.

Last edited by NWFRS; 07-18-2019 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:07 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to whtsmoke
So its hot as can be outdoors and was a perfect time to tear down the 527 and set here and watch the video, stop i perform that one thing and continue to the next etc. After getting done I come out with a nice light set trigger and a normal one that is light , and crisp. Watching it was very worthwhile.