Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:51 PM
22banger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Shoot a couple for all of us pighunter. Been to Texas a few times shooting hogs, it's a freakin blast and your right about the eatin part, yummmmmy
Old 02-22-2019, 07:46 PM
PigHunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently ran out of my normal winchester 25grn bullets, went out bought a couple new boxes and my accuracy has gone to crap, i mean i might as well be shootin a darn 12g with buckshot @ 100yrds i know its got to be ammo , i went scratching around and found a few old rounds i had in my hunting pack an ash tray and bam right back in the groove but since there gone now and all im left is new ammo what the heck do you do, just keep buying box after box till you find a shooter?? I shoot and tune reloads in centerfire so i get it box store ammo can be off a little but i never thought that bad in the little .17, i mean its like its broke my heart , my little short noodle barrel which I've grown so found of is handicapped by poorly made ammo now .... any suggestions other than just buying more and more ammo?
Old 02-22-2019, 09:12 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigHunter View Post
I recently ran out of my normal winchester 25grn bullets, went out bought a couple new boxes and my accuracy has gone to crap, i mean i might as well be shootin a darn 12g with buckshot @ 100yrds i know its got to be ammo , i went scratching around and found a few old rounds i had in my hunting pack an ash tray and bam right back in the groove but since there gone now and all im left is new ammo what the heck do you do, just keep buying box after box till you find a shooter?? I shoot and tune reloads in centerfire so i get it box store ammo can be off a little but i never thought that bad in the little .17, i mean its like its broke my heart , my little short noodle barrel which I've grown so found of is handicapped by poorly made ammo now .... any suggestions other than just buying more and more ammo?
Shoot the critters at 50yds..
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2019, 10:17 AM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pighunter I think you answered your question. When ammo was scarce we had to take what we got. I now buy a box locally and test it before buying more. I make sure the lot I buy from is available if I want more. Now I suggest you contact the manufacturer of the ammo you bought and tell them of the problem. I have done this in the past and it has been replaced at no cost to me. They will not admit that there was a problem with the ammo you sent back but amazingly the new ammo will shoot better. Maybe if everyone did this the manufacturer would step up his game.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:45 AM
PigHunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Al, it'll still put em down pretty easily i just started punching a little paper and banging some steel plates i made up like a shooting gallery and went from ringing the bells to a bunch of missing and its just aggravating the weak link is the ammo, i might give the manufacturer a call as suggested, ive never shot the 20gr may try them and see if it likes them too