Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:00 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Marble-Goss 52 Sight

A friend picked up a Marble-Goss Sight for a 52 Winchester (MG52MS) complete with box and all instructions and an advertisement. 5-39 is on the instructions and 3-38 on the advertisement. Original price was $12.00. Best guesses as to the value (the sight does show use, but not abuse).
Old 09-19-2018, 10:48 AM
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
MG52 Series

There were at least 4 rear sights made by MG for the 52. I'd say value would be between $150 and 350.

Nice sights but could get sloppy over tlme.

T
Old 09-19-2018, 01:24 PM
poochie
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Did your friend get the mounting base with the sight? I had a hard time finding bases for my MG's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2018, 06:03 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochie View Post
Did your friend get the mounting base with the sight? I had a hard time finding bases for my MG's.
Will ask. He bought it mainly to put in his collection of 52 stuff. He has 23 52's. With iron's for all and most have scopes.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:56 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochie View Post
The answer was no base. Where did you find yours?
Old 09-20-2018, 06:30 AM
Rick H.
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I can't speak for Poochie, but sight bases are sometimes a bear to find. When I need one I just watch the usual places such as Ebay and gun shows. Sometimes you get lucky and they show up. The big Tulsa fall gun show is coming up and that's one of the best places to go to in order to try and locate hard to find stuff. There are a handful of individuals that do nothing but buy and sell old sights and sight parts and a few of them go to the Tulsa show. Depending on the complexity of the base you may be able to have a machinist make something up that will work with the sight you have. And of course you can start by putting a Wanted To Buy ad in the classifieds here and on a few other forums. Good luck....

Rick H.

Last edited by Rick H.; 09-20-2018 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:26 PM
Big Larry
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I had a base for these sights but I must have given it away to someone at some time. Sorry, but I did look. I have a MG on my M52 A. Very well constructed. I cannot see how they could possible shoot loose. Mine is over 80 years old and still like new. Big Larry
Old 09-20-2018, 03:03 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
I can't speak for Poochie, but sight bases are sometimes a bear to find. When I need one I just watch the usual places such as Ebay and gun shows. Sometimes you get lucky and they show up. The big Tulsa fall gun show is coming up and that's one of the best places to go to in order to try and locate hard to find stuff. There are a handful of individuals that do nothing but buy and sell old sights and sight parts and a few of them go to the Tulsa show. Depending on the complexity of the base you may be able to have a machinist make something up that will work with the sight you have. And of course you can start by putting a Wanted To Buy ad in the classifieds here and on a few other forums. Good luck....

Rick H.
Will look on Ebay. Have access to a very good Machinist who can make whatever is needed. He should be able to reverse engineer a sight base, since he will have the sight and a rifle to work from.

Doubt I will bother going to Tulsa to the gun show. I live in Florida as noted above. Bit of a hike to go to Tulsa. Besides we has a rather large show in Lakeland, Florida three times a year, with the Jan. show being the biggest. Also numerous small (200 dealer) shows very locally (one 4 miles from my house and two others about 30 miles from the house, eachabout every 2 1/2 months).

Thanks,
AJ
Old 09-20-2018, 05:51 PM
Rick H.
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Sorry AJ, didn't bother to look at where you live. When I need really difficult parts I try to get to the Tulsa show because if it isn't there you really are in trouble. I have never been to a larger one. Every real firearms enthusiast should try to go to the Tulsa show just once to see what it is all about. It takes two full days to walk through if you are lucky and know what you want. I try to make a list before I go of what I need and I almost always find what's on the list. The problem for me is that I always seem to get side tracked looking at items that catch my eye. I mentioned this show because the very few true sight collectors/sellers seem to concentrate on going to this show, but they can be pricey.

Rick H.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:34 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
Sorry AJ, didn't bother to look at where you live. When I need really difficult parts I try to get to the Tulsa show because if it isn't there you really are in trouble. I have never been to a larger one. Every real firearms enthusiast should try to go to the Tulsa show just once to see what it is all about. It takes two full days to walk through if you are lucky and know what you want. I try to make a list before I go of what I need and I almost always find what's on the list. The problem for me is that I always seem to get side tracked looking at items that catch my eye. I mentioned this show because the very few true sight collectors/sellers seem to concentrate on going to this show, but they can be pricey.

Rick H.
Rick,

No problem. Tulsa is a far piece from you isn't it? Our big show is the January Lakeland show, usually about 600 dealers. The Tulsa show sounds like the old Los Angles show which advertised 14 miles of tables. That was a show.

We had a gentleman here that deals in old sights. If he does not have what you want, he usually knows where to find it. Also he has a website.

AJ