Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:37 AM
gas_gunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
10/22 T (Target)

Was the 10/22 T (Target) that had the barrel with spiral marks on it made very long? What parts characteristics does it have such as plastic or alloy trigger group, painted or blued barrel, etc.?

Thanks,

Danny
Old 08-05-2018, 08:51 AM
azimuth

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Blue Book states that production of the blued model started in 1996. I have one that I purchased in 2006 with the blued spiral hammer forged barrel. At that time they came with the painted aluminum trigger group, painted receiver, blued barrel, and brown laminate stock. The spiral hammer-forged barrels look pretty awesome out in the sunlight. Not sure, but I think they may have been discontinued a couple of years back.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:34 AM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought mine in 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Bought new in 2015, polymer trigger group.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:38 AM
gas_gunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Thanks. This gives me some good info. It seems that I can, if I look, find one with the blued barrel, painted alloy trigger group and painted alloy receiver. I have heard that these may not be as accurate as a rifle built similarly, but with something like a Clark Barrel. As I like the rifle, especially the stock, it might be cheaper to buy the whole rifle outright and change a barrel and maybe a trigger group later on.

Danny
Old 08-05-2018, 11:53 AM
PhilF
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Target recipe

Simple solution:, just send the metal bits to Randy at CPC, visit the website (Connecticut Precision Chambering) for the details, all your issues and solutions are there, trigger, bolt, barrel, he'll drill your receiver for a cleaning rod, tune the trigger, do the bolt, etc, it's the most effective way to make your 10/22 Target perform as you would hope. For about $200 all in. Add a Kidd recoil guide system and your pretty much done. His work is first class, many threads here about it. He'll even toss in a buffer!
He's done 3 for me!, including a Mannlicher.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:24 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The one that I had ( I still have, but the parts are rearranged ) that is pictured in post #4 would shoot sub 1/4'' at 25, and sub 1/2" at 50 with good ammo. There is targets posted in some of the games. I sent the barreled receiver to CPC for rechamber, and a backbore crown, and the improvement was very slight. If you get one that shoots decent, leave the barrel be. If you want more accuracy replace the barrel.
Mine now has a Kidd 18" .920 on it, and I couldn't be happier with it, except for the money it cost me for the lesson.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:17 PM
gas_gunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilF View Post
Simple solution:, just send the metal bits to Randy at CPC, visit the website (Connecticut Precision Chambering) for the details, all your issues and solutions are there, trigger, bolt, barrel, he'll drill your receiver for a cleaning rod, tune the trigger, do the bolt, etc, it's the most effective way to make your 10/22 Target perform as you would hope. For about $200 all in. Add a Kidd recoil guide system and your pretty much done. His work is first class, many threads here about it. He'll even toss in a buffer!
He's done 3 for me!, including a Mannlicher.
A lot of it I can do. I would consider putting on a Kidd Trigger rather than reworking the old one, and if need be, put an aftermarket barrel on. I should be able to do the bolt work and could certainly drill the receiver for cleaning rod access.

Danny