Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

I thought it had autosuck.......but maybe not!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 12-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Cameron97501

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

This is more military Style Tactical
Old 12-31-2005, 09:30 PM
tpelle

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm
Good point, jshua87. I remember seeing that article where they talk about having the plan to use the 10/22 as a "less-lethal" anti-riot weapon. But it seems like when the BGs were shot with the "inefective" .22 round they had a nasty habit of becoming de-animated.
Probably not right away, though.

The main use of the sniper rifle, particularly in law-enforcement, is to cause the target to be incapacitated IMMEDIATELY - that is, before he can finish pulling the trigger to execute a hostage, for instance.

Col. Jeff Cooper came up with the idea of using suppressed .22's as crowd-control (actually, riot-control) way back during the times of civil unrest during the '60's. He envisioned a police tactical team sizing up a crowd of rioters or anti-government demonstrators, identifying the main leaders, and popping them in the lung with the .22. He figured that the guy probably wouldn't even know he had been shot - but he sure wouldn't feel like leading a riot anymore.

The advantage here is that the crowd would be rendered "leaderless", and the situation would be defused. Popping the same guy in the head with a .308 would leave an immediate and bloody corpse, and would likely serve to fan the flames and make matters worse.

Of course, only the Israelis have the b^lls to actually do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2006, 11:36 PM
agreendale
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
krinker plinker

not mine but pretty f'n cool none the less

too bad they redesigned it before i could get my hands on one

a l l a n
Old 01-09-2006, 09:42 AM
mtcentral

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
here is the new kit i kind of like it. the folder is nicer then the old wire one in my opinion.

http://www.csm-w.com/Our_Products.htm
Old 01-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Tommy Tran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm
Hallelulla! I have no clue wether or not that is spelled correctly. Anyway I've got permission to post pics. Mtcentral, here are my tactical looking 10/22s. Don't ya love working on these things?
Love this bullpup stock!!! I am leaning away from the G22 and towards the 10/22... any more people with bullpup stock pics?! I'm newer to guns and am searching out a .22 rifle...

Peace
Old 01-10-2006, 07:30 PM
bullpup01

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bullpups

I've got one or two laying around. I can't post pics though. Sorry.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:43 AM
mac66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
sort of pack tactical...cut down and lightened Ramline stock with a ramline quick detach barrel kit and 16" metal lined plastic ramline barrel. I did this gun about 20+ years ago and still use it as my pack rifle.

Last edited by mac66; 01-11-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:11 AM
jimtanker
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via MSN to jimtanker
Old 01-13-2006, 01:25 AM
greenbeast469

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
that is AWSOME what cha got on it
Old 01-13-2006, 12:35 PM
jimtanker
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via MSN to jimtanker
It has:
green mountain barrel
hammer and sear kit
extended mag release
BC stock
BSA scope: 4-16X40mm w/ mildot reticle
luepold base and rings (base shimmed for long range)
3 cans of Krylon

And BTW greenbeast - I'm on my way to Bragg this month.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Critter_Killer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mt if thats ur wife where the wedding band? Man make sure she wears that thing. HEr pic on the net and no wedding band? OH somebody might get some ideas...... Just make sure to tie that girl down. lmao
Old 01-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Cassings

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcentral
i hate people that look at a camaro or a mustang and call them sports cars??????? no really that is what they are. think about what you just said. it is simply the intellegent humans way of discribing or illistrating what they are trying to tell you. simply put.
No it's not. It's ammo for your Hollywood educated press reporters that demonize shooting sports. I admit you southerners have it better but up here calling things "weapons" and "assault rifles" when the only thing they do is punch paper simply further's the left wingers agenda.

Here's a couple of quotes from recent letters that will remind you why we keep our "intelligent adjectives" to a minimum

Quote:
Weese rushed home to find thieves had kicked in the side door, ripped open his gun safe, and made off with his prized collection of 23 handguns, including five powerful .45-calibre pistols
Quote:
he is particularly worried about two of the missing guns Steyr Aug assault rifles because of their portability and deadly accuracy
Quote:
the standard issue rifle of the Austrian army is one efficient and durable weapon.
Then we have gun owning idiots feeding the media with their pompous jibberish.

Quote:
If I gave you this weapon ... and even if you never fired a gun in your life, you could hit something from zero to 50 yards, first time, all the time, every time."
In one of the most recent articles I nearly busted a gut reading

"Police recovered Powerful Hollow point armor piercing bullets"

My point is it's bad enough when the Press, with their unlimited Knowledge obtained from Hollywood (like glocks that cannot be detected at airports ) can make a lee enfield with a scope into a sniper rifle, why would we want to reinforce fear mongering steriotypes?

Up here a mother recently turned in a son who was hoarding an ak47, probably an old Norinco before the prohibition of them and the press reported they seized a fully loaded machine gun and had to boast about it's 600 rounds per minute (semi auto of course) rate of fire.

To each his own. I just hate listening to the press trying to appeal to soccer moms and then turn around and have the gun owners do the same.

and mtcentral, you live in Canada where they've banned "assault rifles" and "evil looking rifles" , now trying to ban handguns. You should know better.

Last edited by Cassings; 01-14-2006 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:54 AM
AndyMc59

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Markbo . Love the response . Problem is , doesnt the gun tend to weigh you down when in the field ? It would certainly be a great piece of kit for lamping ,presuming of course that you can still access the trigger ! Anyway , brilliant post...........
If you think that life is tough over there , you should experience the restrictions that we have here . Strangely enough though , we dont at present have any problems with "tactical combos" . Its just a case of locating the bits from importers able to access what you have in abundance , namely the opportunity of free choice that both of our countrys apparently and allegedly enjoy . I think that the M 16 Armalite must represent a "standard default setting" for many of us interested in guns generally . I will never be able to fire any automatic firearm again after service in the army . That doesnt stop me wanting to build a clone using my 10-22 though . The only potential problem will be the look on the faces of the farmer and golf club manager when I come to shoot bunnies with what will appear to them to be a full assault weapon ! Bye for now gentlemen , Andy .
Old 01-16-2006, 09:49 AM
mtcentral

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
" i should know better" i know i can have a 22 with a folding stock and scope and i can paint it all black. i can have a 50 rnd mag in it, as long as it is at least 26 inches folded. what are you trying to tell me???? yes i am new to guns, within 6 months, but i know my gun isnt illegal and isnt going to be. hell i can own a krinker kit as long as it was imported into canada by legal means and has no shorter lenth than 26 inches by means of folding etc.
and i also know that hardly anyone showed up to paul martins speech in his home riding in quebec, basically only reporters lol i am not going to rely on the polls but they do indicate a majority government for harper and that would mean bye bye gun registry. i do understand your point about the tactical look though, but the bottom line is dont shoot a rabbit in front of a farmer with a legal black gun