First rifle, tactical fun build complete. Zeroing the sights - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:42 PM
chomorro

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First rifle, tactical fun build complete. Zeroing the sights

Just got my ruger td and went a little crazy. I wanted something good looking to me, fun to shoot, and cheap. All my friends are bragging about their AR builds but when we go to the range they can't afford more then 30 rounds and stop after a few minutes of shooting....... I have already put over 200 rounds each time we go out through this thing and have plenty left from my bulk ammo buy online.

It was a budget build for everything (mostly all ebay specials) but the stock ended up costing me way more then I had planned because of crap online information and my negligence to call the manufacturer first and find out the true specs. (All information and specs are regarding the regular 10/22, it's a different design for the takedown)

ATI AR22 conversion Stock w/ adjustable cheek rest
ATI 4" and 2" Extra rails (proprietary, has to be purchased separately and drilled in)
12 ruger factory mags
6 double mag adapters (hate reloading at the range)
Fab defense fore grip
ATS thumb grip (can't figure out a way to mount this yet)
UTG 6" swat bipod
UTG 1" riser
UTG 3x magnifier
Bushnell TRS 25 Red Dot
Kidd bolt buffer
Ruger BX upgraded trigger
JWH skeletonized Charge Handle and Rod (needed because of the magnifier)
JWH XL mag release (needed because of the stock design)
Tear away tactical pouch for my mags

I thought I was done, but just ordered a JWH auto bolt release (extended release makes the switch a pain), JWH extractor and firing pin (didn't realize they were first mod must haves apparently).

Added a lot of weight but over all I love it and its a blast to shoot. Almost have the red dot sighted but I can't figure out how it's perfect at 10 yards then a 6 inches high at 25 yards. Should I raise the dot to compensate?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2017, 02:43 PM
chomorro

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh yes and stock ruger td tactical weight

Old 07-26-2017, 02:44 PM
4Beatriz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi there, looks cool. Did I read the scale wrong? The rifle only gained less than 2 pounds?

I have some similar objectives when I decided on a 10/22: fun and cheap.

Question: what are you using for mag pouches? I want to be able to access my BX-1 (10 round mags) mags quickly from my chest, belt, etc. Do you pics of your mag setup while shooting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2017, 11:03 AM
glenspen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very cool setup...looks like a different gun!....Where did you get the tear away tactical pouch? Thats the pouch that attaches at the front lower side of the case right?
Old 08-08-2017, 04:23 PM
chomorro

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The tear away pouch I purchased at ammo bros for 15 bucks. They call it a tear away molle medic pouch. LOVE it, at the range I just put the pouch on the bench next to me. Easy access but the pouch doesn't fully strap down the mags which is OK with me.

You have to run double adapters for this kind of setup, because the single mag is too small and will come out but you have to play a catching game. The triple mag adapter won't allow the mag to fully seat.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:26 PM
chomorro

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Beatriz View Post
Hi there, looks cool. Did I read the scale wrong? The rifle only gained less than 2 pounds?

I have some similar objectives when I decided on a 10/22: fun and cheap.

Question: what are you using for mag pouches? I want to be able to access my BX-1 (10 round mags) mags quickly from my chest, belt, etc. Do you pics of your mag setup while shooting?
I actually switched stocks recently because I was trying to get the weight down. From 4.6 to 7.1 lbs is definitely noticable. But funny enough my new stock is the same weight.......... so I lost a sweet ar22 stock for no reason. But you live and learn.