New TD owner, .22lr Newbie - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:32 PM
4Beatriz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

thanks all for the info...I will be teaching my kids also so will leave it at irons for now.

But even if I can take a TD apart, can the barrel still be damaged by routine cleaning with a rod, etc.? In which case I'd have to do the JIG mod?

I will have to search for that Walmart sling. Looks to be out of stock.....Thanks!!!
Old 07-31-2017, 05:37 PM
4Beatriz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone View Post

Try lots of different ammunition till you find the brand/type that functions best and provides you with the accuracy you expect. Once you find that ammunition, begin stocking it deep at the best price you can find it. Two or three ten round magazines should last you longer than the barrel as long as you don't lose the magazines. Its always nice to have a few extras.

Find someone who knows how to shoot and go to the range. Have fun and Be safe.
I don't want to start an ammo debate , but I guess each 10/22 likes or dislikes certain ammo types. I hear ya. Gonna use high velocity to break her in first. Then we'll go from there. Will take notes on which she likes or dislikes as time goes on. and yes I'm all about "Stocking deep"
Old 07-31-2017, 07:09 PM
theLBC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Beatriz View Post
thanks all for the info...I will be teaching my kids also so will leave it at irons for now.

But even if I can take a TD apart, can the barrel still be damaged by routine cleaning with a rod, etc.? In which case I'd have to do the JIG mod?

I will have to search for that Walmart sling. Looks to be out of stock.....Thanks!!!
yeah, since you have a takedown, i don't see any reason for the "JIG" mod. whatever warnings there are about using those mutli-piece cleaning rods would apply equally either way.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:09 PM
4Beatriz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gotcha. No jig.
I see the hogue stock has sling attachments so that's a thought. The bad part is that it does not accept a .920 barrel should I decide to swap later.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:21 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Beatriz View Post
Gotcha. No jig.
I see the hogue stock has sling attachments so that's a thought. The bad part is that it does not accept a .920 barrel should I decide to swap later.

You could order the Hogue stock for the .920 barrel. It should work alright with a tapered barrel. I believe the tapered barrel would be free floated in the .920 stock. I've never tried this but I know others on here have gone this route.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:48 PM
4Beatriz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
hi, Nick.
I believe only in black:
http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchan...ory_Code=TDSTK

Was hoping for FDE. but i can always call the company to verify.