suggestions: nighttime suppressed close-in varmint rig - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:29 PM
parshooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Originally Posted by copterdrvr:
Parshooter, that 10/22 pictured is classified as an SBR if that's a full-sized folding stock----is it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Zombies View Post
Based on the lever along the side of the trigger, I think it's actually classified as a machine-gun, of the Norrel trigger pack variety. On a machine-gun, no barrel length or OAL restrictions exist.
Correct. If the trigger pack were removed it would need to be a registered SBR receiver with that 8" barrel.

This particular trigger pack is registered with a serial number and maker info, separate from the receiver.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:01 PM
graycrait
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have a URS barrel on a 1022 with a TBA bolt lock. Attached an iilluminated red/green/black air rifle scope that adjusts to 10 yrds with AO that adjusts to 10 yards. CCI CB Longs at 710FPS are quiet enough for close-in small varmints. The CCI Quiets at 40 grains and 710FPS are pretty quiet for larger critters. I also have some 60grain SSS and several types of 42-45 grain sub-1000fps "suppressor" rounds. An acquaintance has offered me a 26" barrelled old single shot that I am tempted to buy attach a red dot and tape a red lens flashlight to it.

I agree that a suppressor would solve most of this nonsense especially for my Nelson Custom 1911 conversion with match threaded barrel. I also have a contoured threaded stainless 18" McGowan 10/22 barrel.

P.S. I took a look at the auction, nice set up.

Last edited by graycrait; 12-13-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:55 PM
donw
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

in the high desert of southern kalifphornia
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
have you considered a 25, or larger, caliber PCP air rifle? many come standard with "shrouded" barrels and are highly capable within the close ranges you want it for and are capable of taking the varmints you mention.