Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:22 PM
snafu510
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My old supersport heavy

Before I show off my groups I thought I ought to introduce the gun. I don't think I've ever posted this one here before. I originally got this as a used DSP model in 1983 when I was 16. Around 2006 I found RFC and turned it into what you see here. 18" GM Barrel, Fajen stock (I think?), brass pilar, epoxy bedding, and just recently I changed out the original metal trigger group which had a "Skeeter's" trigger kit in it for a polymer group with a Kid drop in kit. The Skeeter's kit had begun doubling. I also had Que do the bolt.

This gun shoots very well with Federal Automatch, a little better with Wolf. But today I shot a couple of boxes of Eley Target through it.

I may have a new favorite ammo. These are all 5 shot groups at 50 yards. There was a little wind but I managed to get these groups in during a calm spot.

I need to get some slightly lower scope mounts and then maybe add a cheek pad. Right now the scope is too high for a solid cheek weld. Once I solve that I imagine I can make those groups even smaller with some practice.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:50 PM
SwampF0X

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
Nice looking and shooting rifle

swampf0x
Old 12-21-2014, 09:56 PM
plinker4life
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Very nice..... That is a perfect example of a SuperSport Heavy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2014, 11:43 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Very nice and very welcome here. This is the kind of rifle we used to have to chase away from SuperStock and I am SO GLAD we now have a home for it

A super nice and well built rifle that is obviously plenty accurate should choose to play any of our games.

Welcome to SuperSport!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk