Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:08 AM
JoeBobber
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)

Sorry for the delay in getting pics up. HERE SHE IS SMALL PARTS FIRST OF COURSE:
[IMG][/IMG]
I thought I would show this how it will look done, as it's harder to see with the barrel on.[IMG][/IMG]
I could have sworn I had pics of the bolt pre cap and ones with the cap in before We put it in. Oh well, here it is:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Now the custom sling swivels and studs!!
[/IMG]
The front one, after I drilled the hole and started to put in the stud I slipped and it chipped the paint, actually a little wood too, so that's why there is the small brass grommet under the stud.
[IMG][/IMG]

WELL SORRY TO SAY, BUT MY COMPUTER IS DEAD, SO I WILL POST 1 LAST TO SHOW IT DONE.
[IMG][/IMG]

LET ME KNOW WHAT YA THINKS. SORRY ABOUT THE FLASH SUPPRESSOR VINCE! I FORGOT TO TAKE IT OFF.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:06 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I think one exception is worth the smile on his face Joe. The rifle looks great but now it is time to une it to make it shoot it's best. We will help all we can. I know it is no benchrest rifle but you might as well try a few little things to it right? He will learn from it.

Now I have a question. What the heck is it with the kids and the Hollister shirts? I saw two in one day here and thought "What is the chance two kids from Podunk, TN have been to Hollister, CA?. Then my gunsmith friend's grandson came in wearing one. Then I saw two today in Nashville.

I have been to Hollister, CA several times and it is nothing all that special. Until now it was mostly know for the "biker riot" a few years after WWII. I went there because they have a dirt track and a couple of my friends (both R.I.P.) raced their vintage motorcycles there. Do you have any idea what the big deal is with Hollister shirts?

The rifle looks better than the shirt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 07-04-2014, 06:42 AM
Que
RFC Sponsor
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (101)
looks great and your son looks thrilled!! great job sir

Old 07-04-2014, 09:33 AM
spud9
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Nice job Joe... a great smile is awesome payment...

Vincent, Hollister is a brand name. They make so called vintage shirts and pants and charge a lot of money for cheap made clothes.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud9 View Post
Nice job Joe... a great smile is awesome payment...

Vincent, Hollister is a brand name. They make so called vintage shirts and pants and charge a lot of money for cheap made clothes.
Yes but they are referring to Hollister, CA. Look at the picture of him holding the rifle. So what happened or why was was Hollister a small CA town chosen for this huge campaign?

Old 07-04-2014, 04:12 PM
spud9
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
I don't know why but all the shirts are Hollister CA, that is the branding name. They are mega popular with kids, teens and some older people that still think they are 20 and still kewl.....
Old 07-04-2014, 08:25 PM
JoeBobber

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)
My uncle is a doctor and his wife is a rn with a kid just a few years older than mine, so they give us the old clothes, half still have tags. There was a coat that is Hollister and was 150 bucks! Trust me, we can't afford to buy these teenie bopper clothes. I can't even walk into the stores that sell them. CAUSE I CAN'T!!! lol no, seriously the model pics before you go in and the music and the overwhelming smell of Axe body sprays and little 13-16 year old kids who think they are something....Aaaargh.........
You know Lenny, I don't know why Vince is acting like that, from what I heard he wears Hollister clothes all the time...lol

Theirs BRAND NEW Arctic Cat jackets we get, litterally tons of clothes, and again, most have tags still. If we bought them clothes it would be a plain color pocket shirt, black or grey mostly, and a pair of wranglers. BUT we are lucky my uncle's step kid is spoiled and gets new clothes every day.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Some of the nicest clothes I ever wore were hand me downs from a rich friend of mine whose family treated me like a second son. I was a year older than him but he was bigger (I was always smaller than the other kids until the last year or two of high school). Not a BIT of shame in wearing good hand me downs

Unfortunately he was my last friend that I had from all the CA bunch. He was my daughter's God Father. He passed away in February waiting for his second heart transplant. I even lived with his family in what was the best summer of my life, 1970.

Keep up the good work there Joe. Seems to be working out well so far

Old 07-07-2014, 08:45 AM
JoeBobber

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)
Hey Vince all I wore as a kid was stuff my grandma bought me. Pretty rough stuff. Up until I started working my paper route art10 and got something that fit instead of stuff I "can grow into".

I didn't do much on the old black n gold gun. I just helped. I am going to do an engraving on the buttplate like he wants though. Nothing fancy. I had a lot of fun building this, and spent a fortune. It probably doesn't look like it, but it cost me ALOT to get them stupid brass swivels and the brass itself too. I STILL have to finish up the trigger and do a mag release. I think I might do a clip to match also.

Thank you so much for the kind words on the old beast, specially coming from a man with so much talent as yourself. I had a lot of fun, and wish I could have got it done faster so more people could have stayed involved or interested. It honestly is probably the most expensive gun I have ever made. Time wise, and money wise. It's so much easier to just order a gold trigger and release or bolt handle, or even send one off to get anodized, but it was fun. Thanks again Vince, honestly. You and Larry and Que really helped me out a lot. Lenny helped a little. lol. I really appreciate the time you gave to me to help me figure something out, give me tips and pointers on how to do something better, and make it look nicer. In fact EVERYONE who commented I thank so much.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
You and son did great Joe He will never forget the time spent with you on this and in the coming years that will mean more to him than the actual rifle which will remind him every time he picks it up.

I have two guns my dad left to me. I rarely shoot either and never shot them with him but I can not even think about either gun with out spending more time thinking about Dad. Imagine what it will be like for him when he sees that rifle 50 years from now. Memories will come flooding back. Probably nothing he owns then will mean as much as that little rifle.

You are a good man JoeBobber

Old 07-08-2014, 12:19 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Needs a Gold Skullie Mag Release...the rest is very nice. Good job..good Dad.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:04 AM
JoeBobber

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)
Man Vince, you really have a way of putting things into perspective. Today I took off one of my prized Ruger branded rifle slings and put it on, and made a custom black n gold magazine for it. He has his first confirmed kill already, but we won't talk about that...lol.

Hey Chaser, man I would love a gold skullie, but I didn't know you made gold ones. As soon as I get around to cleaning up the brass trigger I was going to grind away for an hour with welding gloves on to get our takedown lever sorta shaped, or do something with the 3/4'' rod, but that is pretty thick. I will pm you and talk to you and show him what it looks like. He likes skulls so it should be ok with the boss.

Vince, again man, thank you so much.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:24 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
new...

Old 07-10-2014, 01:21 PM
JoeBobber

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)
Purdy!!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:23 PM
JoeBobber

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)
So I JUST GOT A BEAUTIFUL "SKULLIE" from Chaser in the mail today. If you have never seen these things up close, they are amazing!! It's going to be PERFECT on the gun, as my son LOVES skulls, and the color is perfect!! PLUS we don't have to make a mag release now. I will get some new pics up I just have to finish the trigger when I get around to it which should be VERY soon. Maybe today even. I may just put a black trigger in for now if I still need to take more off the trigger. But it WILL have a brass trigger in it!!!! Thank you so much Chaser!!