Super Stock? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:29 AM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (236)
Super Stock?

I've been hanging around here for some time and never really considered whether any of my 11 (!) 10/22 builds qualifies for the "Super Stock" category. After reading several threads, I think maybe two of them qualify (and maybe some of the others as well).

First:

A "Qued" SS carbine barrel, a CPC bolt w/Power Custom Titanium extractor, KIDD Trigger Kit, walnut carbine stock with polished metal barrel band, butt plate and sling swivel studs, Ruger base, Burris Signature ZEE rings and Weaver Classic 3-9X32 AO RF scope.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Second:

A Feddersen 18" Gloss Blue barrel, Que bolt w/VQ extractor, KIDD Single-Stage trigger, S&K UltraWalnut stock, UTG base, Burris Signature ZEE rings and Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15X40 AO scope.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I put both of these together very recently and haven't yet had a chance to shoot them. I did shoot the Qued SS barrel in a different build (Hogue stock) and it did quite well, but don't know how the barrel band might affect it.

Doug
Old 07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Assuming th Feddersen barrel is one of their sporter barrels BOTH of these rifles are about as Super Stock as SuperStock gets!!

Excellent examples of what we are trying to do here. This also points out that one is a modified stock barrel and one is after market barrel and both are equally legal here Same with the Stocks used. The first one looks like what we started with in SuperStock and the second with the S&K stock and the Feddersen barrel shows where we have evolved to. Both are GREAT!

Now having said that it is a little more traditional to post each one in it's own thread so as you tune and shoot them reporting back on what is working (or not) we know what rifle you are talking about.

They are both truly nice examples of what SuperStock is all about and you add in a some fun stuff and things are even better. We are not afraid to have a little humor and fun around here as well!!

WELCOME TO SUPERSTOCK!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk

Last edited by Vincent; 07-08-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:33 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (236)
Good to know they qualify. And, Yep, Vince, the Feddersen is the sporter contour barrel. I have yet to put a bullet down the bore so not sure how it will do. I bought it based on all the glowing reports on these barrels in the 10/22 forum. I'll be posting target pics at the earliest.

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Milkeeg74

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beautiful rifles Doug!!! Please let us know how the Fredderson shoots.
Greg
Old 07-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
My "Pretty Groovy" rifle is also a Fedderson barrel except I got the cheaper dull one and was unhappy with the finish (turned out to be sprayed on) and a friend (93 year old gunsmith) gave mine a beautiful blue job. It is just so nice now.

Here it has been very hot or very windy or both so I am waiting to shoot it again I was pretty goo last Fall but the rifle was totally untuned.

If we have learned any thing in SuperStock it is that the accuracy comes in the tuning after the rifle is put together.

Doug it will be great to have you as part of the SuperStock Forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 07-08-2014, 06:57 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
That's a fine pair of SuperStock rifles. Great job.