Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:51 PM
JoeBobber
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)
Marksman 1752- Any good? Just inherited

My step father just gave me this. It has a peep sight and hood. It is a break barrel. It works good. Is it old, worth anything, collectable, how many fps is it? I admit to being not really into air rifles, until I got my Blue Streak. It is my go to critter gitter. I have bought my kids Daisy's when they were young, but slow ones. I also bought a black daisy I believe 880 or something when I was a kid. I think it was back in the early 90's. I bought it with my paper route money. But then a bit later I bought myself a shotgun and forgot about the fun I had during boy scouts and stuff. So anyway, I know nothing about this gun. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:40 AM
JoeBobber
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)
Would a picture of said air rifle help? I am really stuck here guys. If it's junk I am going to steal parts off it. Probably sell the rest. I am guessing it's from the 80's. It sounds impressive when you fire, but anyone know the specs? I really need some help. I will post a pic of it later if it will help. It also has holes tapped for a scope or rail. But it has the peep on now. It has the big red knobs and huge rubber eyepiece I think you call it. A hooded front, all plastic with like stippling in places, and it's like a choate stock with a curved butt that the bottom is exagerated so it is longer. Does this jog anything. Everything else is metal.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:41 PM
OcelotZ3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They aren't rare or worth much. You'd be lucky to get $50 for it.

I bought one a few years ago for $25, with a tin of pellets. It is accurate and fun to shoot but the fps isn't very high, probably somewhat less than 500fps.

Personally, it shoots well enough that I've kept it, and I have a few high-end target rifles. I wouldn't hack it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 09:42 PM
BulletBait
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Look like this -- sold for $20 in 2012

http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot.a...986419&lang=En
Old 03-26-2014, 11:31 PM
T191032

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
"My step father just gave me this."
"Would a picture of said air rifle help? I am really stuck here guys. If it's junk I am going to steal parts off it."

Seems to me, they made one of these as a Biathlon Trainer, so if you got the Rear Peeps & Front globe, that might be that model. My Blue Book of Airguns shows the Biathlon Trainer as Model 1790, no "1752" listed (6th Ed, 2007). Not overly powerful, about 450 fps.