!! Original FN Browning Mags. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Cramiekske

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Exclamation !! Original FN Browning Mags.

I have found a guy who has 3 original browning .22 LR magazine. Asking price = 65 Euro's. So converted to USD = 85 $ (+ shipping)

For those who want to browse the catalogue here is the link: Link

Last edited by Cramiekske; 03-11-2014 at 09:01 AM. Reason: added link
Old 03-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Richard King
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What are the legalities and associated costs, if a U.S. resident wanted to buy these mags?

I'm a member of another forum, where the importation of parts and complete firearms has been discussed.

My take on the discussion, is that nowadays everything has to be imported through a licensed U.S. dealer. For all firearms and parts of firearms, including magazines.

Would that also hold true for the Browning .22 mags. Or could they just be bought threw the U.S. mail. On a person to person transaction, with out any legal hassles?
Old 03-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard King View Post
What are the legalities and associated costs, if a U.S. resident wanted to buy these mags?

I'm a member of another forum, where the importation of parts and complete firearms has been discussed.

My take on the discussion, is that nowadays everything has to be imported through a licensed U.S. dealer. For all firearms and parts of firearms, including magazines.

Would that also hold true for the Browning .22 mags. Or could they just be bought threw the U.S. mail. On a person to person transaction, with out any legal hassles?
I've sold a few stocks to overseas buyers without a hassle,but I think that trying to buy or sell metal mechanism parts is a whole different matter.I wouldn't consider doing either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Exact information can be found on the ATF site. aTF is just one problem, U.S. Customs is another.

This would actually be commercial goods and subject to duties and taxes.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Cramiekske

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
Exact information can be found on the ATF site. aTF is just one problem, U.S. Customs is another.

This would actually be commercial goods and subject to duties and taxes.
Is this also applicable to gifts?
Old 03-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramiekske View Post
Is this also applicable to gifts?
I don't think that will sidestep the issue.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Cramiekske

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well then I can only conclude that I have 3 new extra Mags for my Brownings, @ a bargain price because normally if they are in VGC (very good condition) streetvalue is around 90 euro's. And they are geting harder and harder to find. Hence the reason I switched to Colt And Beretta magazines.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Deaconblue
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
You can purchase Beretta mags from one of the websites in Italy for the older guns and they will take your cc payment and ship them to your door. Now that is from a business and not a private citizen so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:52 AM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
You can purchase Beretta mags from one of the websites in Italy for the older guns and they will take your cc payment and ship them to your door. Now that is from a business and not a private citizen so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Just because they are doing it and it has worked a number of times does not mean that it ts legal and will work everytime.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard King View Post

There are exclusions where firearms do not need to be imported by an FFL, returning servicemen, immigrants, orguns that had been purchased by an individual in the U.S. and exported. Such a firearm can be brought back with the accompnying export papers.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:03 AM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Well then I can only conclude that I have 3 new extra Mags for my Brownings, @ a bargain price because normally if they are in VGC (very good condition) streetvalue is around 90 euro's. And they are geting harder and harder to find. Hence the reason I switched to Colt And Beretta magazines.
90 is pretty stiff. I picked a few up in Germany for around 20 per piece and imported them on ATF form 6 together with a few guns.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:14 AM
Cramiekske

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know 90 euro is a lot of money, I would pass on these as wel. A Beretta mag is around 30-35 euro's new, And will work if you modify it. So at 65 euro's I did not want to miss the option of having original Browning Mags.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
I know 90 euro is a lot of money, I would pass on these as wel. A Beretta mag is around 30-35 euro's new, And will work if you modify it. So at 65 euro's I did not want to miss the option of having original Browning Mags.
€65 is still about $90. prices here are not that crazy that Americans are willing to pay much more than that. The $120 mags that are offered, are offered for a long, long time with no takers...

In Germany €65 is considered high, they are about €40 to €50 on the auction site eGun but export to America is adding shipping and taking a risky chance.