!! Original FN Browning Mags. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Cramiekske

Join Date: 
Aug 2013
Location: 
Belgium - Europe
Posts: 
191
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Exclamation !! Original FN Browning Mags.



Log in to see fewer ads
I have found a guy who has 3 original browning .22 LR magazine. Asking price = 65 Euro's. So converted to USD = 85 $ (+ shipping)


For those who want to browse the catalogue here is the link: Link

Last edited by Cramiekske; 03-11-2014 at 09:01 AM. Reason: added link
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Richard King
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2012
Posts: 
1,363
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What are the legalities and associated costs, if a U.S. resident wanted to buy these mags?

I'm a member of another forum, where the importation of parts and complete firearms has been discussed.

My take on the discussion, is that nowadays everything has to be imported through a licensed U.S. dealer. For all firearms and parts of firearms, including magazines.

Would that also hold true for the Browning .22 mags. Or could they just be bought threw the U.S. mail. On a person to person transaction, with out any legal hassles?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Camster

Join Date: 
Sep 2003
Posts: 
14,020
TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard King View Post
What are the legalities and associated costs, if a U.S. resident wanted to buy these mags?

I'm a member of another forum, where the importation of parts and complete firearms has been discussed.

My take on the discussion, is that nowadays everything has to be imported through a licensed U.S. dealer. For all firearms and parts of firearms, including magazines.

Would that also hold true for the Browning .22 mags. Or could they just be bought threw the U.S. mail. On a person to person transaction, with out any legal hassles?
I've sold a few stocks to overseas buyers without a hassle,but I think that trying to buy or sell metal mechanism parts is a whole different matter.I wouldn't consider doing either.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 03-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Andyd
Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2006
Location: 
Texas
Posts: 
3,538
TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Exact information can be found on the ATF site. aTF is just one problem, U.S. Customs is another.

This would actually be commercial goods and subject to duties and taxes.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Cramiekske

Join Date: 
Aug 2013
Location: 
Belgium - Europe
Posts: 
191
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
Exact information can be found on the ATF site. aTF is just one problem, U.S. Customs is another.

This would actually be commercial goods and subject to duties and taxes.
Is this also applicable to gifts?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Camster

Join Date: 
Sep 2003
Posts: 
14,020
TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramiekske View Post
Is this also applicable to gifts?
I don't think that will sidestep the issue.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Cramiekske

Join Date: 
Aug 2013
Location: 
Belgium - Europe
Posts: 
191
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well then I can only conclude that I have 3 new extra Mags for my Brownings, @ a bargain price because normally if they are in VGC (very good condition) streetvalue is around 90 euro's. And they are geting harder and harder to find. Hence the reason I switched to Colt And Beretta magazines.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Deaconblue's Avatar
Deaconblue
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2011
Location: 
Illinois
Posts: 
1,094
TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
You can purchase Beretta mags from one of the websites in Italy for the older guns and they will take your cc payment and ship them to your door. Now that is from a business and not a private citizen so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-12-2014, 01:52 AM
Andyd
Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2006
Location: 
Texas
Posts: 
3,538
TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
You can purchase Beretta mags from one of the websites in Italy for the older guns and they will take your cc payment and ship them to your door. Now that is from a business and not a private citizen so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Just because they are doing it and it has worked a number of times does not mean that it ts legal and will work everytime.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Andyd
Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2006
Location: 
Texas
Posts: 
3,538
TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard King View Post
What are the legalities and associated costs, if a U.S. resident wanted to buy these mags?

I'm a member of another forum, where the importation of parts and complete firearms has been discussed.

My take on the discussion, is that nowadays everything has to be imported through a licensed U.S. dealer. For all firearms and parts of firearms, including magazines.

Would that also hold true for the Browning .22 mags. Or could they just be bought threw the U.S. mail. On a person to person transaction, with out any legal hassles?
There are exclusions where firearms do not need to be imported by an FFL, returning servicemen, immigrants, orguns that had been purchased by an individual in the U.S. and exported. Such a firearm can be brought back with the accompnying export papers.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-12-2014, 02:03 AM
Andyd
Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2006
Location: 
Texas
Posts: 
3,538
TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramiekske View Post
Well then I can only conclude that I have 3 new extra Mags for my Brownings, @ a bargain price because normally if they are in VGC (very good condition) streetvalue is around 90 euro's. And they are geting harder and harder to find. Hence the reason I switched to Colt And Beretta magazines.
90 is pretty stiff. I picked a few up in Germany for around 20 per piece and imported them on ATF form 6 together with a few guns.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-12-2014, 05:14 AM
Cramiekske

Join Date: 
Aug 2013
Location: 
Belgium - Europe
Posts: 
191
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know 90 euro is a lot of money, I would pass on these as wel. A Beretta mag is around 30-35 euro's new, And will work if you modify it. So at 65 euro's I did not want to miss the option of having original Browning Mags.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Andyd
Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2006
Location: 
Texas
Posts: 
3,538
TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramiekske View Post
I know 90 euro is a lot of money, I would pass on these as wel. A Beretta mag is around 30-35 euro's new, And will work if you modify it. So at 65 euro's I did not want to miss the option of having original Browning Mags.
€65 is still about $90. prices here are not that crazy that Americans are willing to pay much more than that. The $120 mags that are offered, are offered for a long, long time with no takers...

In Germany €65 is considered high, they are about €40 to €50 on the auction site eGun but export to America is adding shipping and taking a risky chance.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x