Exclamation

More like, Club Cloaca!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:53 PM
smokey1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman28 View Post
$60-$100. Really doesn't matter so long as the person threading it knows what they are doing and knows what concentric to the bore means. Ive seen to many people have a "local guy" do it because it was cheap or easy. But said "local" guy threaded the barrel off the OD of the barrel, and the bullet stuck a baffle or end cap of the suppressor. Verify, and re-verify the smith knows what they are doing.
NFA transfers are running 9 months, currently. Price secondary for purchasing a .22LR suppressor in my book. Its the lengthy transfer process these days that is painful. Last thing you want to have happen is wait 9 months for your can to show up only to end up with a cheap threading job via rough threads chewing on your can's internal threads over time and/or end up having a bullet destroy internal suppressor blast baffles.

Even factory threaded barrels w/ factory installed flash hiders(AR15's as example) can be threaded off axis as high precision is not needed for a bullet existing a flash hider that has lots of room on the inside bullet path/exit.

As the poster above said, it is so important that the barrel be indexed off the bore, not the outside diameter of a rifle barrel which often times can grossly be off axis. I know first hand as I had my Anschutz German high quality factory match barrel many years ago threaded for a suppressor. When it arrived post threading, noticed there was un-equal material thickness on each side(OD of barrel). It could clearly be seen/observed by the naked eye. Machine work is all about the set up/prep which high quality labor costs money.

Here are my friends fine craftsmanship skills once again(Tornado Technologies). A 10/22 takedown barrel, cut, thread, re-crowned and a knurled stainless thread protector fitted. I paid $109.00 + optional $17.99 for the stainless thread protector.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by smokey1; 08-12-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Moss Molly

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Been very pleased with quality and quick turnaround time with Aurora Tactical in Springdale, AR. You can find them on the web. I've had them do 4 barrels - picked up one last week. No flaws that I've found. Recommended.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Creedmoor

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have the blued take down with the flash hider I don't like/need a flash hider on a 22LR and it just adds more than 2 extra inches to the barrel length. Where can I find a thread protector (blued) for when I remove the suppressor? Brownells doesn't seem to have them.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:13 PM
smokey1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Try midwayusa.com
Search for barrel thread protectors and you will find some nice knurled 1/2 x 28 thread pitch ones for sale. Couple different brands as well.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Tom in Arizona
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedmoor View Post
I have the blued take down with the flash hider I don't like/need a flash hider on a 22LR and it just adds more than 2 extra inches to the barrel length. Where can I find a thread protector (blued) for when I remove the suppressor? Brownells doesn't seem to have them.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Creedmoor

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Tom and Smokey1,
Excellent! Thanks!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Boosted98gsx
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not to be a necromancer, but I also had Hanging Tree Armory do my 10/22 TD. They did a FANTASTIC job on the threading (and I had them chop it to a 16" barrel too, might as well, right?).
Old 09-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Norecoil1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I want to get my barrel cut to 16" and sight moved and threaded as well. You is doing these right now? Thanks