Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 PM
jeff miller

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorepower View Post
Some times, the more we shoot the more we over look the obvious! it sounds like you may have had a chunk of crap between the stock and the receiver. a cheap reversible bedding check is a dab of superglue here and there on the receiver.

Thanks..........I didn't see anything.

Different scope was the same...........Out of the 7 or 8 groups I shot with both scopes the first shot averaged 2 3/8" low and left then the other four were a pretty nice group probably averaged an inch. It didn't matter how long between groups,20 minutes to as short as 5 minutes.

Different torques on the action screws didn't change anything either.

Am I being too anal about this or not.

I have a .17 HMR Savage BRJ that I have shot .410" 5 shot groups at 100 yds.

Savage said that I might have to send it back to them. But the store I bought it from is a Savage dealer, Is it wrong for me to want to take it back to them and make them replace it or give me my money back.

If I have to send it back to Savage and it does the same thing for them are they going to say that is acceptable and send it back to me.

And does anybody know how long I would be without a Gun sending it to them.

Frigging $200.00 worth of ammo screwing with this gun and damit I like the gun..........just wish it would shoot better

Thanks

JEFF
Old 03-03-2013, 05:43 PM
huntsman22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You bought it, it's yours. You already filled out the 4473. No matter that the dealer is a Savage booster, he ain't gonna want to screw up his books for your return. Send it back to Savage for a look, but don't get your hopes up on a major fix.......
Old 03-03-2013, 05:47 PM
jfraz3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Hate to say this...and don't get angry cuz its not meant to be-little your rifle in any way, in fact I was seriously considering buying one myself. With what you spent on the gun and all the ammo and the trouble your having...could of bought a CZ and probably not had these issues....NO I'm not a CZ snob either. Yes I own a few but, Your the 3rd or 4th person I've seen have issues. Send it back to Savage, they are known to have excellent customer service and I'm sure they'll take care of you on it. I own several centerfire Savages and have had no issues. Good luck with it for sure pardner...I know a couple guys that have the same rifle you have and they are great shooters!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM
moorepower
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Savage is first rate about warranty repairs. They don't want bad shooting guns out there. Call me per email.
Pat
Old 03-08-2013, 04:06 PM
jeff miller

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Well after looking at the crown or more feeling the crown I find there is a burr all the way around the bore, I don't know is this would cause the issue I;m haveing or not.

So...........I called Savage and they said I an option to have a gun smith look at it and they would authorize the repair or I could return it to them. The gun smith wouldn't do it saying if that didn't fix it they could blame him for screwing something up and can understand hie decision.

Soooo.................I thought I would give the gun store a try. I called and asked for the manager and she said for what department, well gun I guess. I was very polite and firm and explained everything (by the way this was my 2 nd. .17 Hornet Savage the first one had the scope mounts drilled off line with the bore, didn't have enough windage adjustment in the scope)

After explaining everything he said let me look and see if we have another one and he did and he said he would set it back . I thanked him 30 times and then headed out 50 miles and I got there with 15 minutes to spare.

When the manager felt the bore he agreed it SHOULD not feel like that.

Have to go ...........be back with more details later

I am HAPPY

JEFF
Old 03-20-2013, 03:33 PM
deathwind II

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jeff: Any news yet? Inquiring minds need to know Sounds like the burr at the muzzle is a common condition with the new Savage Hornets in both calibers, including mine.
Thanks for any updates.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 PM
jeff miller

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I thought I left another post .......maybe forgot to submit it.

Have only shot about 40 rounds through it and the groups kept getting smaller, last group I shot was .73" 5 shots 100 yds.

So far no way off flyers.

I Happy

JEFF