Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Marinesg1012

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"The Best" AR-15 mags

I ordered a few 2 10 rounders from different companies and a 5 rounder but what companies are good and what are junk?
I like metal but those seem hard to find. Just looking to see what you guys like and use. Thanks for your help. -Adam

Just went to bushmaster site and they have 10 and 5 round mags the 10 rounders are metal and not that bad 15 bucks a piece BUT the 5 rounders are $20. How can you justify that? AND they want 8 bucks shipping it has to go litteraly 13 miles up the road . Wonder if I can just stop by and pick them up?

Last edited by Marinesg1012; 04-16-2004 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:53 PM
Zircon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
10 rounders from Bushmaster.

30 rounders from Eagle Firearms. These are new, 1993 govt. contract Labelle's still sealed in the plastic bags.

http://www.eaglefirearms.net/mags.ht...nd%20magazines

Both are aluminum bodied, teflon coated, and have the green followers.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Marinesg1012

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What about the bushy 5 rounders, are the metal and of decent quality? i think we are only allowed to use a mag of 5 rounds or less (except for rimfires) in Maine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2004, 04:25 AM
gmcfixer
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
5 round mags only ..... you need to move from Maine! just kiding. I use mostly old GI alloy mags and I have one Zytel mag that works great (thats plastic)

Dave Z.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:42 AM
Wolf
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinesg1012
What about the bushy 5 rounders, are the metal and of decent quality? i think we are only allowed to use a mag of 5 rounds or less (except for rimfires) in Maine.

Geez, even in MA we don't have any limits on mags for our AR's. Do you mean this limit for a specific hunting regulation, cause that I could understand? Or is it just in general?

The best are any of the USGI 20 rounders.

Hurray For Indy
Old 04-17-2004, 10:57 AM
clint

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinesg1012
They are meteal, green follower, A-1 quality

The 5 rounders from Bushmaster are top notch, I think they deem them the target or match magazine. It's the only one I use as of now, came with my Varminter. If you want me to snap some pics let me know. I'm new to AR, but my gun also came with a 30 rounder, junk compared to the Bushy mag.

Someone has a 5 or 10 rounder that fits flush with the bottom of magazine well, I been looking at trying one of these.

Clint
Old 04-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Marinesg1012

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
From ME state hunting trapping regs (2003)
Quote:
Legal firearms for hunting: Handguns, rifles and shotguns not larger than 10-gauge are legal for hunting in Maine, except as follows: Automatic firearms are illegal. Auto-loading firearms are illegal if they hold more than 6 cartridges* (does not apply to .22 caliber rimfire guns or to auto-loading pistols with barrel less than 8 inches.)
I tried looking online and only a few people sell the bushy mags and they want 10 bucks more than bushmaster does.

i am having the old man look to see if the local shop sells them if not than I wil just order a bunch from bushmaster to make the shipping/handeling charges worth it.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Wolf
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That makes me feel a little better I can understand the limits in the hunting regs.

Hurray For Indy
Old 04-17-2004, 11:20 PM
Marinesg1012

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wolf ME has some of the most liberal (relaxed) laws i have seen, especialy for being in the north east. basicly as long as the federal govt approves your fine. The only regulationg for caliber sze for deer is you have to use a 22mag or above. For moose you have to use a centerfire or a shotgun with solid shot. You might not be able to make much money in my old state but you can own anything you want
Old 04-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Marinesg1012

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just ordered 6 more mags for my AR I ordered the bushmaster 10 rounders the BATF approveds ones or whatever, and 3 5 rounders incase i am varmint hunting and am charged by a suicidal wave of groundhogs (or if I ever go west and see those darn prarrie dogs)
The thing I hate is aftert shipping and TAXES (which I havent had to pay on any purchase I have made in the last 18 months) it was 3.12 more dollars per mag All well, still cxheaper than buying from someone else.

Thanks for the help guys and once Ken gets back online than I will post pics of my new toy (or if sopholix ever remembers to get the pics from ken )
Old 05-13-2004, 02:01 PM
hotwls13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
At least you guys can own AR's. It sucks being from Kalifornia.