Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-07-2004, 02:46 PM
sceva
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Ruger Bearcat and 30 years buckle questions

Just wondering if those in this forum could help with a couple of items?

First: I have a Official Ruger 30 Year bronze belt buckle in the shape of a shield that I bought from the Busy Bee gunshop in columbus, Ohio in 1979 marked Ruger at the top and has the eagle with 30 years of Ruger firearms 1949 - 1979 around it. I stopped wearing it some time ago and was wondering if there is an interest in these and what they are worth?

Second: A co-worker of mine showed me his Bearcat that he inherited from his granfather. I am told it was made in 1958. Serial number is B004. The revolver is in very excellent shape other than the finger tab on the extractor under the barrel being broken off. He contacted Ruger about getting the gun repaired and was told that they could but they wanted to put the transfer bar conversion kit into it also. I suggested that he should check with collectors to see if that would hurt its collectable status and to find out if the original parts are returned like they are with a Single-six or Blackhawk.
What do you say, should he leave it alone or send it to Ruger?

Thanks Sceva

Last edited by sceva; 03-07-2004 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 03-08-2004, 12:09 AM
larry3screws

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The ser. #is correct for 58. The "alphabet" guns ran from 58 to 60. That is a deirable ser.# meaning it was #4 in the B,s. A toZ except O go from 001 to 999. As for the
ejector rod today,s part is the same as then on the Bearcat. Anew one however
will probably be a little off color but rubbin on leather might fix that{rub not buff}.
The conversion wont hurt value much if all original parts are kept with the gun.
If he,s gonna shoot it, convert it otherwise dont. Brownell,s or Numrich has the rod.
Sound,s like acool buckle I have no idea on value
Old 03-08-2004, 07:33 AM
sceva

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks for the info - I will pass it on to my friend.

Here is a photo of the buckle if someone wants to see it.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/114007.JPG

Sceva
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Sisco

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Those buckles were once given away at gunshows as door prizes and used as prizes at those throw darts at the balloons games at carnivals. Dime a dozen, not really worth anything. I'll give ya $5.00 for it.

Just kiddin'. I search ebay and other sites quite often for Ruger stuff, don't recall seeing one of those. Very nice!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Barry
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
$5 for it AND I'll pay the shipping.

Barry
Old 03-11-2004, 07:42 AM
sceva

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I appreciate the offers but the buckle is not available for sale. I was only looking for info.
For information: I was able to find out that they were made and sold by the Busy Bee gunshop in 1979 (under license from Ruger?) and only about 500 were made. About 140 without the R in the circle denoting a registered trade mark and around 360 with the R. You can see the R in the photo on the right hand side under the eagle . When found, from what I found, if new in the box they bring $40-$50 for the R version and $75-$100 for the no-R version.

Sceva