Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Sharps-Nut
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Charles Daily same as cz, (as accurate)

I have been reading all the posts on how out of the box accurate the cz 22 rifles are and have had an interest. A buddy of mine bought one last year at a show, long barrel orange wood looks like a russian moisin nagant, but oh my god accurate. Well the other day I visited a little gun shop and he had a charles daily 22 bolt gun looked like it was made by cz. Walnut wood shorter barrel than my buddies but same sights and nice workmanship. It was priced at 199.00 Are they any good? Shooters like the cz or an unknown? Thanks for any thoughts. Steve
Old 12-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
They are very good little rifles. They will no longer be marketed as "Charles Daly" because Reminton has bought the rights and it will be marketed as a Remingtong #5 I beleive in a different stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 12-14-2006, 12:53 PM
recumbent
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
They are very good little rifles. They will no longer be marketed as "Charles Daly" because Reminton has bought the rights and it will be marketed as a Remingtong #5 I beleive in a different stock.

The are NOT made by the same CZ as the ones we discuss on this forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2006, 01:06 PM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Correct - the Charles Daly / Kassnar / CZ99 rifles

. . . are made by the manufacturer Zastava, a 'sister' company of CZ. Remember the Interarms Mark X, Whitworth and more during the 70's and 80's? Same folks - nice guns.

I'd still rather have an original CZ or Brno though. Just my prejudice speaking.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:31 PM
bsawers

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
CZ, Brno and Zastava confusion

I spoke with CZ-USA and the current corporate structure is this:

CZUB (Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod) owns Brno Rifles which bought the assets of Brno factory.

CZ stands for Ceska zbrojovka which means Czech arms factory. Uhersky Brod and Brno are two towns in the Czech Republic (before Czechoslovakia). Brod means ford.

There is no connection with Zastava, which is a Serbian (before Yugoslav) conglomerate which makes everything from firearms to automobiles. Zastavas exported to the United States were branded Yugos.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:56 PM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Thanks for correcting me bsawyers . . .

Zastava is a Yugoslavian gun company, not Czechoslavakian - your post 'jiggled' my memory banks. One of my child hood friends has a Mark X .25-06 that had a bluing job that hurt to look at in the full soon - like a mirror.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Sharps-Nut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Now you did it

You done went and scared me out of buying it. Dog gone it I thought I had done went and found something for a bargain. That cz brno that my buddy has is a shooter and I cnat see risking paying within 25 buck of what he paid for something that may not deliver. So much for a merry Christmas gift for me. Thanks for all the input I learned something. Sharps-Nut
Old 12-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Passinby

TPC Rating: 
99% (69)
Send a message via Yahoo to Passinby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharps-Nut View Post
You done went and scared me out of buying it. Dog gone it I thought I had done went and found something for a bargain. That cz brno that my buddy has is a shooter and I cnat see risking paying within 25 buck of what he paid for something that may not deliver. So much for a merry Christmas gift for me. Thanks for all the input I learned something. Sharps-Nut
Might be a good thing. CDNN has them new for $139. $10 shipping
Old 12-14-2006, 06:17 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ZASTAVA - Charles Daly - REMINGTON

Dear Charles Daly patrons:
Quote:
One of the first changes you will notice is that we are no longer importing any products from Zastava of Serbia. All of our Mauser and Mini-Mauser bolt action rifles, barreled actions and actions as well as our Superior II rimfire rifles and the ZDA pistols are now discontinued. Zastava has decided to join with Remington Arms for now, so in the very near future you should be able to purchase Mauser (Remington Model 798), Mini-Mauser (Remington Model 799) and Zastava rimfire rifles (Remington Model Five) for approximately 10% more than you were paying for the Charles Daly brand. We don’t think Remington will be selling actions or barreled actions but that remains to be seen. We do know that Remington will not be selling the ZDA pistol.
Charles Daly introduces the new Superior II line of bolt-action rimfire rifles.

Superior II Bolt Action Rimfire Large.jpg

ZASTAVA MP22 R

aka:Charles Daly: Superior II Bolt Action Rimfire Rifle *DISCONTINUED**

CDNN Sports, Inc.: 2005-6 Catalog, Page 25

aka: REMINGTON Model Five.™

Last edited by aom22; 12-14-2006 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Clarify Text/Additional Image
Old 12-14-2006, 08:15 PM
triggerjerk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
FWIW, Gun Tests recently tested a Remington Model Five against a CZ 452 and
the CZ won
Old 12-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Passinby

TPC Rating: 
99% (69)
Send a message via Yahoo to Passinby
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
FWIW, Gun Tests recently tested a Remington Model Five against a CZ 452 and
the CZ won
Was it twice as good? as is the price.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:31 PM
brewmonkey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Steve,

I have the CZ 99 Precision, which is the same as the Charles Daley and love it. My buddy and I were shooting fantastic groups this afternoon. I paid $149 + $10 frt and it came with a free scope. I am thinking of buying another for $139 sans the scope. It's a great deal for not a lot of mula. It has an adjustable trigger and nice grain in the walnut stock. Go ahead and get one - you'll be happy.

BrewMonkey
Old 12-14-2006, 09:45 PM
nevadany

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
triggerjerk,

what kind of tests?

I agree that the CZ452 is a nicer all round rifle, but don't discount the Zastava rifles. The bluing is excellent on mine, i would go as far to say that it rivals, if not surpasses my CZ452FS in .22WMR. the stocks aren't great, but managable after being refinished (+1 for CZ for not having to refinish the stock).

Accuracy is excellent also. I can't compare it to my CZ i mentioned above as they are chambered for different cartidges, but it keeps pace with my old Mossberg 46b that is dead on balls.

I am picking up a 452 trainer tomorrow or monday (whenever the truck shows up at the store), then i will have a true comparison!

here are pics of my CD and CZ.

DW
Old 12-14-2006, 11:40 PM
triggerjerk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passinby View Post
Was it twice as good? as is the price.
Uh, you can pick up a CZ trainer from whittaker's for $217.
I don't know where you are getting your "twice as much" figures from.
You don't need to buy an American or Varmint to get a good CZ.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:20 AM
SteveM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hello,

I have a 28" CZ Ultra Lux and a Chas Daily Field Grade SS bolt action 22LR. In NO WAY are they similar in accuracy. The Field Grade was made in the Phillippeans (?Spelling, sorry) and is an great gun for hunting small game. I got a dealers demo model for $165 and with a $40 Simmons 3X9X40 scope I think it is terrific for what I use it for.

The CZ is used for Target shooting in local competition at my local club. It is way better than any of my custom guns, right out of the box.

If the prices are close, get the CZ, any CZ....

Regards,
Steve