Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-07-2019, 01:12 AM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
There isn't anything to them. Most of us can use a good cleaning out from time to time anyway.
I'll just get the stomach flu.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:02 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leenie View Post
I bent over and said remember me doc? thank god he retired no funny bone in that doctor.
LOL!!
Old 11-07-2019, 12:40 PM
leenie
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
thank you hector that happens next week can I go there drunk? that old song" shot thru the heart and your to blame you give love a bad name" comes to mind. my prosrate is packing his bags and heading to florida. I signed up for the unconcus test. when the doctor asked about family prostaite history remembering the colon scope treatment and I left out my two sisters prostaite problems. I aint as brave or stupid as I used to be. maybe
Old 11-07-2019, 02:29 PM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had mine done before my hernia operation. Felt like someone was driving a Buick up there. Recovery area was even less fun. That thin curtain between me and woman next door didn't muffle a single noise.

Get to repeat it again next year. Oh the joy!
Old 11-07-2019, 02:36 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had my second colonoscopy in 2017 and due for another in March because they found two non cancerous polyps. CG finds cancerous dna, colonoscopies find polyps before they turn cancerous. Do you really want to wait until the cancer shows up in your dna to take action? I don't think so.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:09 PM
HectorFuego

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by profsrgary View Post
Had my second colonoscopy in 2017 and due for another in March because they found two non cancerous polyps. CG finds cancerous dna, colonoscopies find polyps before they turn cancerous. Do you really want to wait until the cancer shows up in your dna to take action? I don't think so.
Agree. Sure, sometimes a colonoscopy may miss something, but sometimes revolvers DO jam. Nevertheless, given a choice between a rock and a revolver in a gunfight, I'd take the revolver.

Colonoscopies are not that bad. The prep isn't fun but the happy ending is a nice nap and your first meal afterwards tastes soooo good.

Do what you need to do to stay healthy 'cause you can't "walk off" cancer.

Hector
Old 11-07-2019, 04:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HectorFuego View Post
Agree. Sure, sometimes a colonoscopy may miss something, but sometimes revolvers DO jam. Nevertheless, given a choice between a rock and a revolver in a gunfight, I'd take the revolver.

Colonoscopies are not that bad. The prep isn't fun but the happy ending is a nice nap and your first meal afterwards tastes soooo good.

Do what you need to do to stay healthy 'cause you can't "walk off" cancer.

Hector
And no one can say you are full of it after the test.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:26 PM
farrlarr

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
And no one can say you are full of it after the test.
Not physically but mentally is a whole different issue!

"A man has to know his limitations."
Old 11-07-2019, 08:14 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Best the about getting the pipe besides the milk, is waking up farting your brains out. Could be a bit embarrassing though.
......Tom Petty
Old 11-07-2019, 09:01 PM
HectorFuego

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One more note and then I'll shut up ... well maybe I'll shut up.

My first colonoscopy revealed an enlarged prostate which turned out to be malignant. Early detection probably saved my life as I was showing no symptoms of prostate problems.

Hector
Old 11-07-2019, 09:18 PM
newbie2

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Had about 10 in the recovery area. Sounded like a tuba band with a couple of woodwinds and the occasional piccolo.

Even when you leave, you are still stoned enough that no one notices and no one cares. God love Versed. It takes your memory away.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:13 PM
natman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My first couple of colonoscopies were done by drinking the solution after work. That resulted in a miserable night on the toilet with very little sleep.

Nowadays you take the day before off and you drink the solution around noon, which is no problem since I'm now retired. You spend the same number of hours on the can, but it's pretty much over by bedtime so you can get a decent nights sleep. I find it useful to watch a movie on my laptop to pass the throne time.

At any rate, bite the bullet and get a real colonoscopy if you have the slightest risk factor of any kind. The false negatives of Cologuard are too many for me.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:35 PM
lone gunman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
yep get it done and over with don't put it off. I had my first one three years ago and get my second one on the 27th right before thanksgiving. they found five polyps and three were precancerous. they said to come back in three years. the gal said hey at least you will be cleaned out and ready to chow down for thanksgiving.

the only thing that sucked about it other than drinking the colon blow was when I got there the nurse was a gal I knew all through school and was good friends with and I had a crush on. I had not seen her since high school and all I could think was oh no she is going to see my back end

by the way she still looked great at 53 years old
Old 11-09-2019, 09:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://youtu.be/Ku42Iszh9KM

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2019, 10:09 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Best the about getting the pipe besides the milk, is waking up farting your brains out. Could be a bit embarrassing though.
Nah, you wake up in the recovery 'blow room' and everyone is doing it every day. The good part is they don't have the usual aroma i.e. no bacterial action with no food in the pipeline IME.