Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-10-2019, 09:30 PM
94Vette

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cantilever Scope Mount

I have a Ruger 10/22 Take down. I currently am using a QD scope mount, but it's too far to the rear. I need at least an inch or more of eye releif. The QD mount is necessary as I sometimes keep it in the bag in my trunk.

Below is a link to what I think might work, but a couple things that bothers me.

1. It's inexpensive. What would I be getting if I paid $100 or more for a mount? I suspect the tolerances are better, but are they that much better?

2. It adapts to 1" or 30mm scope tubes using a sleeve. Is this OK or does it introduce problems holding zero?

3. There are others that have the two scope mounts closer together. Would you expect those to be able to keep zero as well as the the wider spaced?

Any other suggestions on a mount are welcome.

https://www.amazon.com/Skyvady-Ultra...A9Z9HM1X48GHH3
Old 10-10-2019, 10:35 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looksa little big Nd heavy to me. What stock do you have? What scope do you have? You might just be better off with a longer rail like the VQ rail
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 021815F1-CA1B-4E13-82CB-413A3FCD624A.jpeg (12.1 KB, 95 views)
Old 10-11-2019, 12:36 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many 22s View Post
Looksa little big Nd heavy to me. What stock do you have? What scope do you have? You might just be better off with a longer rail like the VQ rail
What "Too Many 22s" said.

My advice is if you are going to use a 1" dia. scope use 1" rings, if you are going to use a 30mm dia scope use 30mm rings. I think the three best options are shown in the links below........

http://www.egwguns.com/scope-mounts-...-ambidextrous/

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail....36271&CAT=8805

https://www.amazon.com/Volquartsen-P...766949&sr=8-69
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2019, 06:32 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You can get the VQ rail on eBay for $17.00 FYI.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:35 AM
pblanc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You did not mention what scope you are planning to mount which has a bearing on your mounting choices.

With a one-piece mount you must be sure that the spacing of the rings will accept your scope since there is no adjusting the horizontal distance between them. The product you provided gives no information as to how high this device mounts the scope above the rail. But most cantilevered one-piece mounts are geared toward the AR platform and most will mount the center of the scope 1.5-1.6" above the top of the rail. If you are using a rimfire scope with a 32 mm objective, that might be higher than you need or want. A pair of traditional rings will give you more flexibility in mounting height and ring spacing.

I have the Evolution Gun Works extended Picatinny rail on two Ruger 10/22s (although not take-down models) and can recommend it. It is very well-made and will allow you to mount most any scope you would wish to use on a rimfire rifle far enough forward using traditional vertical rings.

Scope mounts with spacer sleeves that accept either 1" or 30 mm tubes can work well. I have one but it is a much more expensive mount than the one you linked to. In general I think it is best to use a mount dedicated for use with 1" tube diameters to mount a 1" scope, however.

I don't know anything about the product you linked to. But I have used two one-piece scope mounts made by Monstrum Tactical on two different ARs and they have performed satisfactorily. You can find a bunch of them on Amazon for both 1" and 30 mm scope tubes. They are in they same price range as the product you referenced.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:58 PM
94Vette

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the suggestions.
I'm using a BSA MD416X40IR. 4-16 X 40mm Scope.
Its the Stainless/Poly stock TD.

I mostly use the gun for groundhogs late evening/dusk, hence the large scope. So, I could be prone, kneeling or squatting.

The longer rail looks like a potential better solution than playing with the rings.

Also thinking about a better scope, but that's another thread.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:46 PM
94Vette

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ordered the EGW extended rail.

Thanks for the suggestions.