597 17hmr with laminate stock and heavy barrel, should I sell? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:55 PM
CoolJJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
597 17hmr with laminate stock and heavy barrel, should I sell?

Like the title says, I have a 597 17hmr with laminate stock and heavy barrel. I test fired it and it works fine, but I don't really want it and I'm looking to sell it. Am I opening myself to liability? I don't feel like going through the rigmarole of sending it to Remington for a measly $250 voucher for another Remington product I don't want. If I could sell it, what is the going price for them? I haven't seen one sell for quite a while.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:37 PM
HUSHKABOOM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Another option was to return the 17 to Remington and they would install a .22WMR barrel. Not sure if they can or will still do that. Can't help on price but would probably try for around $300+ or try listing on Gunbroker.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Like HUSH recommended, call Rem and see if they will still honor their offer for barrel replacement on their dime. That or sell outright letting the buyer know its been recalled.

Mine hasn't had a kaboom yet either.
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2019, 09:00 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlysAlot View Post
In the real world, the bloom is off the rose with them... Of course the internet is (always?) mental about them $$$. Bought one at Tulsa in April it was there all weekend and I paid the guy $200 and he gave me 6 magazines and a box of ammo.
Call the police!! You stole it!!
Old 08-10-2019, 12:59 PM
917M2Sfan
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJJ View Post
Like the title says, I have a 597 17hmr with laminate stock and heavy barrel. I test fired it and it works fine, but I don't really want it and I'm looking to sell it. Am I opening myself to liability? I don't feel like going through the rigmarole of sending it to Remington for a measly $250 voucher for another Remington product I don't want. If I could sell it, what is the going price for them? I haven't seen one sell for quite a while.
Since it has been recalled by Remington for safety concerns, I'd say that there is a lot of potential liability involved if you sell it and the buyer is ever injured. You might try selling it as a non-shooting collectible with a liability disclaimer, but that won't keep an aggressive attorney from bringing suit.