Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:27 PM
Seewin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)

Sorry, no way to tell for sure since there are no surviving records, that relate a s/n to configuration. I'd go for the sporter!
Steve
Old 03-30-2018, 11:55 AM
VN350X10

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Okay, then a custom sporter it will be ! Matthew don't know what he's getting after he outgrows his Cricket ! Let the games begin!
Thanks,
uncle albert
Old 05-09-2018, 09:35 AM
Finnrimmer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hello to all from Finland!
I have recently acquired a M52 that does not have any, at least any normal serial numbering in the action. The rifle has been exported to UK at some point (Not English Make stamped into the receiver). How it came over to Finland is a mystery. In the right fromt side of the receiver is a number: 998, which cant obviously be the serial number. Gun is single shot, no magazine opening, heavy 28 barrel, 7/8 diameter from the muzzle. Diopter sights are missing. Any info about manuf. date would be valuable. I will try to post photos also!
Old 05-09-2018, 10:07 AM
doubs43
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnrimmer View Post
Hello to all from Finland!
I have recently acquired a M52 that does not have any, at least any normal serial numbering in the action. The rifle has been exported to UK at some point (Not English Make stamped into the receiver). How it came over to Finland is a mystery. In the right fromt side of the receiver is a number: 998, which cant obviously be the serial number. Gun is single shot, no magazine opening, heavy 28 barrel, 7/8 diameter from the muzzle. Diopter sights are missing. Any info about manuf. date would be valuable. I will try to post photos also!
Welcome. That's an unusual model 52. Please post pictures. You may get more replies if you post as a new thread.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:44 PM
christine
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
52C target

approx. manuf. date of win 52C target..us property #89993C??
Old 07-30-2019, 02:30 PM
Seewin

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
1956 - 57
Check bottom side of barrel for date code on barrel. Winchester quit date-codes in 1956. That will also get you close.
Steve
Old 07-31-2019, 07:36 AM
christine
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
52C target

Thank You
Old 11-21-2019, 10:39 AM
red caddy
US Navy Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just acquired a 52-D model serial number 1076XX-D Single shot, no magazine.

It came to me with the original target stock as well as a great condition 3-P stock W/ palma rest, sling and keeper, and an aluminum hooked butt plate. It has the micromotion trigger and the speedlock bolt. Barrel is D&T'd for Unertal blocks. Redfield diopter rear sight fitted with matching globe front sight. Shiny crown.

The factory original stock is inlett for what I believe is a barrel rest block, but it is not with the stock. is it available?

What can you all teach me about what I bought? year of manufactur, proper furniture ? configuration, trigger adjustment procedure, any other facts you think I need to know.

I intend to shoot some BR-50 matches at my local R&GC and perhaps venture into a 3-P match or two.

Thanks, Paul in da swamp

Last edited by red caddy; 11-21-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:21 AM
justinp61

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red caddy View Post
I just acquired a 52-D model serial number 1076XX-D Single shot, no magazine.

It came to me with the original target stock as well as a great condition 3-P stock W/ palma rest, sling and keeper, and an aluminum hooked butt plate. It has the micromotion trigger and the speedlock bolt. Barrel is D&T'd for Unertal blocks. Redfield diopter rear sight fitted with matching globe front sight. Shiny crown.

The factory original stock is inlett for what I believe is a barrel rest block, but it is not with the stock. is it available?

What can you all teach me about what I bought? year of manufactur, proper furniture ? configuration, trigger adjustment procedure, any other facts you think I need to know.

I intend to shoot some BR-50 matches at my local R&GC and perhaps venture into a 3-P match or two.

Thanks, Paul in da swamp
My book shows 1962 as the year of production for your rifle. This may or may not be correct as there seems to be a fair amount of discussion about the accuracy of some printed material on the 52.

There was a bedding screw block there. There were two screws that were accessible through the two holes in the stock. The screws had detents and put pressure on the barrel as tuning device.

My D stock was bare and I found the parts on here and e bay. There is a ton of information here in the stickies and a google search will find much more.

Here is a schematic of your rifle.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...es-win/52d-win
Old 11-21-2019, 11:24 AM
Seewin

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
I would suggest you post the question along with pictures of rifle in the regular 52 section of the forum. You will get a bunch more responses there. Perhaps the moderator could move the existing post?
Steve
Old 11-21-2019, 12:03 PM
red caddy
US Navy Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow, Thanks very much for the prompt and helpful reply's.

Gun parts shows the barrel rest/tuner as "in stock", they are pretty proud of that piece though. What effect on accuracy will the "tuner" have? Is the factory stock likely to shoot well enough for my needs without it?

Would I be as well or better off just using the "aftermarket" stock for everything? (The custom 3-P stock seems to fit me pretty well for offhand and sitting, haven't tried prone yet, but a range day will sort that out...

If you all don't mind continuing my edification, I'm paying attention.

If a Moderator could move this thread to a better location, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Paul in da swamp

Last edited by red caddy; 11-21-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old Today, 07:55 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I found one.....52 “prewar”
Old Today, 07:59 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here it is number 15xxx
Someone buggered up the Buttstock end. Looks like they may have had an aftermarket adjustable buttplate/pad or something on it.
I’ll address that ASAP ... haven’t shot it yet. Sooon, soon.