Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster View Post
Really dumb on their part, even with the original price. You'd only get such a deal with a corporate operation,willing to appease a customer, not small shop.

Well, arenít you cranky at 5.30 in the morning?

I thought it was nice of them to admit the error , and correct the price. And Iíd hope the lgs would do the same thing.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Well, aren’t you cranky at 5.30 in the morning?

I thought it was nice of them to admit the error , and correct the price. And I’d hope the lgs would do the same thing.
Yes,cranky, and yes,don't you have cojones for asking for a better deal on something that was better than any maple stocked gun,and already underpriced.

With the interweb, snagging deals at my lgs ended long ago. I think that most would take the gun back rather than give that kind of discount.Many would say "tough luck".
Ages ago, I bought a new Anschutz from a shop that had massive signs up about no returns.Plastered all over the receipt as well. After I got home, they called and wanted more money or wanted it back. They had decided that selling it for last year's price, as they told me they were doing at the time of the sale, was no longer a good idea for them.They also told that one of the owners was a police officer,so trouble might be coming my way.A mistake for them to say that to me.
I reminded them of their own policy.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I learned a long time ago if you donít ask they canít say yes.

Cabellas operates off blue book. Buying and selling. Unlike others who use it only for buying . They make a lot of money buying for 2/3rds and selling for 3/3rds , and itís customers get good deals. IMO this is an excellent business model.

I am flabbergasted at the treatment you got on the Annie. Bet you never went back to that store. Hope they are out of business.Threatening a customer with Police Power is criminal.

I own a small business and when we make a mistake, and we do, we eat it. Apologize profusely,and try to keep the client. I figure we already lost that money, so letís not loose anymore.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
I learned a long time ago if you don’t ask they can’t say yes.

Cabellas operates off blue book. Buying and selling. Unlike others who use it only for buying . They make a lot of money buying for 2/3rds and selling for 3/3rds , and it’s customers get good deals. IMO this is an excellent business model.

I am flabbergasted at the treatment you got on the Annie. Bet you never went back to that store. Hope they are out of business.Threatening a customer with Police Power is criminal.

I own a small business and when we make a mistake, and we do, we eat it. Apologize profusely,and try to keep the client. I figure we already lost that money, so let’s not loose anymore.
I hear ya'. No one gets laid unless they pose the question or show a little assertiveness.
I own a small business as well. As John Patterson, the founder of National Cash Register once said, it is easier to keep a customer than it is to find a new one. I believe it.
I didn't return to that store for many years. When I did, I was lucky to find two great clerks that knew my interests and would poke around the big safes that they had. Snagged some NIB Smiths,etc, that had been forgotten,all at great prices.Whatever the price had been set at when the gun came into the shop,stayed the price. Unlike other clerks that I had dealt with in the past,who acted like the guns on the shelf were the only examples of a particular model, these guys would look,find others in back,and I could cherry pick wood.
For the last twenty years, I've only dealt with my closest dealer, who is a gem.All of the clerks are great.The place is truly an oasis of like minded people(not so easy to find in suburban NY). My collection would never have reached the size that it did, had it not been for guys so easy to deal with.

Last edited by Camster; 04-09-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:22 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
You did well. Frankly, I don't care for the look of Maple stocks, so you did doubly well in my book. Just my .02.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:10 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster View Post
I hear ya'. No one gets laid unless they pose the question or show a little assertiveness.
I own a small business as well. As John Patterson, the founder of National Cash Register once said, it is easier to keep a customer than it is to find a new one. I believe it.
I didn't return to that store for many years. When I did, I was lucky to find two great clerks that knew my interests and would poke around the big safes that they had. Snagged some NIB Smiths,etc, that had been forgotten,all at great prices.Whatever the price had been set at when the gun came into the shop,stayed the price. Unlike other clerks that I had dealt with in the past,who acted like the guns on the shelf were the only examples of a particular model, these guys would look,find others in back,and I could cherry pick wood.
For the last twenty years, I've only dealt with my closest dealer, who is a gem.All of the clerks are great.The place is truly an oasis of like minded people(not so easy to find in suburban NY). My collection would never have reached the size that it did, had it not been for guys so easy to deal with.
Wow what a difference 5 hours make My lgs, family owned , and superb, was sold recently, and as the clerks leave, the service drops. I had to go to their other store , just to find my favorite clerk, they transferred him.

Iím glad you got a good store, I know how great that can be. And yes, if you donít ask you donít get ....
Old 04-09-2019, 09:13 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWolf View Post
You did well. Frankly, I don't care for the look of Maple stocks, so you did doubly well in my book. Just my .02.
What attracted me was the stock, that itís not maple, donít make no difference in how pretty it is.

And your $.02 is very valuable to me , so thanks.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And here it is again. With a 2x7 Nikon Prostaff, that came on the CZ 455FS HMR I bought.

Last edited by Toomany22s; 08-11-2019 at 11:28 AM.