Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Larry in Bend
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Holster for a Bearcat??

I've always wanted a Bearcat (to give my S&W Kit Gun a rest, I guess) but have never bought one 'cause I've never been able to locate a holster - I've called Bianchi, Safariland, Uncle Mike's and some lesser known makers. Anyone know of a holster made for a Bearcat?
Old 02-08-2003, 12:50 PM
38super

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Larry in Bend

Try the Hogue competition holster, configures for revolver, auto, left or right side. Very positive retention when locked, pretty quick to draw from. Holster angle is also adjustable. A buddy sez Midway has them on sale for $60-80 range, best price for a reasonable competiton holster.
Old 02-08-2003, 01:10 PM
Citori

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There are always people out there who will make you a holster, although you might end up having to send them the gun to use as a pattern.

I just had Buy Brown Holster make me a 22/45 setup out of kydex. They pretty much do kydex only work. On Scene Tactical also makes custom holsters in kydex.

I know there are a few people who make custom leather but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2003, 08:33 PM
38super

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Citori,

Could you post a pic of your holster? Thanks.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Citori

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It looks almost exactly like this one except it is fitted to a 22/45 rather than a Glock. It is open along the front just like that one to allow a Tasco red dot in So Low mounts to stick out.

It was the only Kydex holster I could find for that pistol that covered the muzzle, something I decided I needed since I don't like lugging around the Ruger plastic box. I can just drop the pistol and holster into my range bag without worrying about damaging my crown.

I'm thinking about getting one of their flaming holsters for a 1911.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:26 PM
38super

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So Citori,

Where ya gonna find nomex blue jeans? That flamin' holster is an eye catcher!
Old 02-11-2003, 07:17 AM
Citori

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, they are pretty unique.

I have a friend who sometimes goes pistol shooting with me who is a strict traditionalist type when it comes to 1911s. If I take my stainless Springfield he pokes fun at it constantly, preferring his mil-spec Colt. I figure if I show up with the thing stuck in a flaming kydex holster, maybe with a pair of mother or pearl grips on it, he'll go off the deep end.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Larry in Bend

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, 357 Blackhawk & 38 Super

I've called El Paso and requested a catalog and I've called Midway and they are sending me a catalog.

I had forgotten what a beautiful holster El Paso makes (I went to their website) and they tell me they can make any one of their holsters (except military) to fit the Bearcat.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:36 PM
GrantLee63

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up Check Out This Site .....

Mernickle Custom Holsters:

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/

Bob is making the PS6-SA for my Stainless Bearcat ......
Old 02-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Larry in Bend

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
GrantLee63

What a fine looking holster. Is the PS6SA available with the inside thumb break like the semi-auto PS6? (My sidearm has to stay in place while riding a horse in rough country). If it has the thumb break, I'd say it's about perfect for my usage!!