Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Seewin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)

At first glance, stock appears correct. I would need additional pictures showing the bottom of forearm and the s/n. Early E models used D style stocks with forearm tuners, while the later E's eliminated the tuners. Also, what is barrel diameter at muzzle? It appears that it might be a standard weight barrel which measures about .710" diameter at muzzle.
Steve
Old 06-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Mph_VT
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The barrel is about .875" at the muzzle. The stock forearm has no bedding blocks. the serial number E 123471 is a 1966 number. The (Fajen?) left hand thumb hole stock on the rifle when I bought it did have blocks (see my post here from October 2014).

I was told that the stocks were also given serial # and if they don't match the rifle it lessens the value, but did not say how much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seewin View Post
At first glance, stock appears correct. I would need additional pictures showing the bottom of forearm and the s/n. Early E models used D style stocks with forearm tuners, while the later E's eliminated the tuners. Also, what is barrel diameter at muzzle? It appears that it might be a standard weight barrel which measures about .710" diameter at muzzle.
Steve

Last edited by Mph_VT; 06-01-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Seewin

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
It is definitely a heavy barrel rifle. I am a bit confused. I had that rifle down as having an International Match stock on it(LH). Did you determine the rifle was not an IM, and just had a IM stock installed?
Based on your s/n, I believe your rifle should have the tuners in forearm. I have 2 E's that are just a bit later than yours, and both have the tuners. As far as s/n in barrel channel, the standard style heavy barrel rifles in Marksman stocks, like the one you currently have on your rifle never were marked with s/n in barrel channel. The only 52's that were factory marked with s/n in barrel channel were the IM's and this was done to be able to match the stock with correct rifle after they were bedded.
Steve
Old 06-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Mph_VT
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Steve,

I took the LH stock off because I am right handed.

It wasn't a (Freeland) IM; I had posted here to figure out what it was and had gotten a reply "That appears to be a Fajen stock with Canjar butt hardware".

I had ordered a Richard's Microfit thumb-hole stock for it but it took so long to get I bought a Savage FVT in time to shoot the indoor league. The Savage was so good I continued using it even after I got the new (RH) thumb-hole.

I eventually found the stock for the 52 on e-bay and decided to leave it traditional.

I never shot the 52 in competition, having good results with the MK 2s.

Now due to some physical limitations I'm giving up competition and have decided to sell off some rifles.

It's good to know that I won't find serial # on the stock.

Thanks

Alan

Quote:
It is definitely a heavy barrel rifle. I am a bit confused. I had that rifle down as having an International Match stock on it(LH). Did you determine the rifle was not an IM, and just had a IM stock installed?
Based on your s/n, I believe your rifle should have the tuners in forearm. I have 2 E's that are just a bit later than yours, and both have the tuners. As far as s/n in barrel channel, the standard style heavy barrel rifles in Marksman stocks, like the one you currently have on your rifle never were marked with s/n in barrel channel. The only 52's that were factory marked with s/n in barrel channel were the IM's and this was done to be able to match the stock with correct rifle after they were bedded.
Steve
Old 06-01-2018, 11:15 AM
gotafish
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
It is definitely a heavy barrel rifle. I am a bit confused. I had that rifle down as having an International Match stock on it(LH). Did you determine the rifle was not an IM, and just had a IM stock installed? Steve
Steve refer to post #20 of this thread and pictures of Mph_VT's rifle are there prior to changing it out.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Seewin

TPC Rating: 
100% (59)
Thanks, that clears it up.
Steve