Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Model 67

5K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  tsiawd 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings; been mostly on the Mossy and CZ forums, but dabble in Winchesters. Found a pretty nice 67 today and think it's an early one (finger groove stock, knurled take-down screw, smooth trigger face. chromed bolt). Am I possibly correct on vintage? I'm thinking ~1935 or so. Also, has 'vintage' looking swivels that have been on this rifle a long time. I don't know if Winchester had sling swivels as OEM. Thoughts? Will be cleaning and shooting tomorrow. Tnx for ALL replies and info.

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
I really enjoy these simple classics. Too bad they are now getting more expensive.
One of my first rifles was a 67. A high school friend and I would strap our rifles to our bike handle bars and ride across town to his uncles farm one town over. ( our town had a no discharge of firearms ordinance but the town where his uncles farm was did not. Enjoyed then ( Andy still do today!) the simple pleasure of plinking with a classic wood and steel rifle.
That 67 is long gone, but keep my eyes open for another some day

#35 ·
Just out of curiosity, are the approximate thicknesses [width] of the fore stocks of the plain and finger grooved stocks roughly the same? I've got a 67 and a semi finished stock that I need to complete, grasping grooves would be a neat touch. I didn't know that they originally came with them. A very neat starter Winchester for new shooters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.