10/22 Takedown Bug-out Bag - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:40 PM
Sub sailor
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I think that there is one more improvement you could make. Add a Magpul X-22 Backpacker stock to your take-down 10/22 and it can't get much better!
Old 07-20-2017, 11:46 PM
Sub sailor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think that there is one more improvement you could make. Add a Magpul X-22 Backpacker stock to your take-down 10/22 and it can't get much better!
Old 07-21-2017, 08:34 AM
Sub sailor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Whoops, sorry about that double post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2017, 11:22 AM
tistre1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What type of case/tube are you keeping those rounds in?
Old 07-21-2017, 11:28 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tistre1 View Post
What type of case/tube are you keeping those rounds in?
It was already mentioned above. They are paintball pods.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:48 AM
chomorro

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought 140 rounds paintball pods and I can only fit one. Might want to try 100 round pods they may be able to stack. I'm unsure though. I'm not willing to buy them again lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 01:52 PM
glenspen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomorro View Post
I bought 140 rounds paintball pods and I can only fit one. Might want to try 100 round pods they may be able to stack. I'm unsure though. I'm not willing to buy them again lol

Without a scope the rifle stock and barrel both fit in the pouches on the right hand side of the pack (one is bigger than the other) leaving the big pocket on the left to hold the 2 paintball pods, cleaning kit and first aid. Pistol and spare mags in top pocket at the front and the pelican case fits perfectly in the bottom front pocket.

It's pretty heavy but with the extra strap it's easily carried as a backpack
Old 07-21-2017, 02:01 PM
chomorro

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just finished my build. Check it out when I finally post it. I'm all out of room with my AR conversion lol

Old 11-17-2017, 10:10 PM
Urallwet

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Blackout the red logo using a black sharpie, unless you want everyone to know you are carrying your 10/22 when you get robbed.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:21 AM
rjf415

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
with all of the BUG-OUT-BAGS it begs the question... where are you bugging out too...
Old 07-02-2018, 04:00 AM
Gilliand

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sometimes it can be crucial just to get the hell out of Dodge, no matter where to
But yeah, content of your bug out gear depends on your planned destination. Are you going into "wild" remnants of the once proud forest nearby, are you surrounded by neverending suburbs or agriculture area, or perhaps you are planning to roam the streets, or even become an armed robber (shame on you) - that should reflect in your bug out configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenspen View Post
I also have a non-weapon bug-out bag with the real emergency supplies like a tent/stove/water purification/rations etc.. etc.. but I feel a bit happier now I also have a bag to bug out with firearms
Can you carry both of them comfortably over a longer distance?
Old 07-02-2018, 12:54 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Get a black marker and cover that red logo. It screams "Look everyone, I have a gun." Large pill bottles are cheap or free at your pharmacist and hold ammo very well. If you are not going use an optic, look at fiber optic sights or a fiber optic front and a Marbles Bullseye rear. They stay on the barrel.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:12 AM
Gilliand

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Get a black marker and cover that red logo. It screams "Look everyone, I have a gun."
... unless that's exactly the message you're willing to send. Perhaps you think unarmed people are more likely targets for robbers and want to discourage random acts of aggression. A lot is depending on your mindset.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:48 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Whatís in mine?

Stainless takedown,bx Trigger,with trs 25 red dot,6 loaded bx 25 magazines with velocitors.3 loaded bx 10 magazines in that trimag coupler.1 can 200 rounds nitrogen sealed 22ammo,50 rounds 9 mm,extra batteries for red dot,flashlight,small machete,fire starter,rain ponchos,all weather golf gloves, parachord,sample tubes gun lube/cleaner,multi tool,$500 in singles 5sand 10s. I took off the single strap and put a golf bag carry harness on it easy on easy off.

Also you need a sling,you canít just walk around with a rifle in your hand.
Since Ruger didnít see fit to put sling swivels on the gun.
I have a simple strap that I slip around the butt stock and forend after it is assembled ,I slip around my neck so that the rifle carries in a more concealed manner, especially under a poncho.

Remember, to leave the bolt held back to ease in quick assembly.and do the hold back mod to not have to fumble to get the first round loaded.

Why Ruger put a red bullseye on it is beyond me, I did the sharpie thing to Black it out.

Mine lives in the back seatwell of my car,so itís not a bug out bag itís a getmyasshome bag!of course it comes in every night.

I ccw , So I always have a 9mm,and in my car I have a basket with good walking shoes/ boots , a pair of good socks,a rain jacket,a hat and water.

As to those who doubt the effectiveness of a 22 rifle for self defense,rest assured that most assailants will run from a man with a rifle before they know what caliber it is,and those that dont will soon learn that even if a 22 wonít knock them off their feet it will hurt like a mother until they get the hole fixed.
Just remember,if they have a gun you have to shoot them first!
Old 07-03-2018, 07:59 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I agree that it makes for a handy travel bag in an emergency.

In mine I keep:

The rifle with a tube type red dot sight mounted.
Three BX25 magazines and four BX1-10 round magazines
A Butler Creek Magazine loader

In the outside pocket I keep:
Ruger SR22 with threaded barrel
Three magazines for the pistol
Sig 22 Suppressor.

The rifle barrel is threaded too, so I can swap the suppressor between the rifle and the pistol.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.