Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:03 PM
GLR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up Browning T-Bolt Trigger Thread

I sent out an email to Timney regarding a trigger for the Browning T-Bolt.
This is what I received in response. So, get your vote out to Timney requesting a Browning T-bolt trigger.

RESPONSE TIMNEY:

At this time we do not have a trigger fix for the Browning T-Bolt. We do aim to come out with 3-5 new models each year based on customer recommendations, so I will add another vote to the T-Bolt for you. If by the end of spring 2016 you havenít found a suitable replacement, I suggest contacting us again to see if this one is in the design process yet. Please let me know if I can further assist you. I am more than happy to help. And thank you for choosing Timney. We are honored!

Warm Wishes,

Nikki Nix
623-223-1111
2020 West Quail Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85027
www.TimneyTriggers.com

Last edited by FlysAlot; 11-10-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:26 AM
BayouBob
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Been working on them for over 2 years. They borrowed 2 of my rifles to study then told me they had purchased one of their own to do design work. They gave us a 6 month time line for getting the unit into production. Then it was several more months; then it was several more months; then it became "no plans to build one at this time." Don't know if they ran into a technical problem or if their lawyers decided they couldn't make one that was idiot proof or if they just decided there wasn't enough demand. You got the stock answer several have gotten in recent months. It's a shame because with better triggers I think my T-Bolts would be one hole shooters. They occasionally shoot superb groups but the heavy gritty triggers make it hard to concentrate for perfect groups.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:22 AM
tbarinpa

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I remember your original post. Thank you for following up. Many of us have been screaming this for years, but it always seems to fall on deaf ears.

I'm convinced that a match worthy trigger would be a game changer with these models.

To be fair the existing trigger is fine for most hunting applications, in my opinion. It breaks very clean, we just are looking to take off a little weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 02:59 PM
armtx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The lack of a suitable trigger keeps my T-Bolts in the safe. It is unfortunate because I have a bunch of SS ammo that they both shoot very well and the maple stock is gorgeousn but the trigger is hard to get past when all my other rifles have such nice triggers. Finding a smith to work on one has been hard as the trigger itself.

Is there a way to get a pre order list over to them to make it worth their while? If they have enough dough up front, it may sway them to make one and get it to market sooner than what we are seeing now.

I would be in for one for sure and mostly likely two if the pre order list got some traction.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:19 AM
BayouBob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Those of us who are members of Rimfire Central and are such a small part of the universe of T-Bolt owners that we probably don't have the numbers to make an impression on Timney. My guess is that Timney has heard at most from a handful of folks (some of us repeatedly) and don't see a big demand.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:58 AM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (76)
I'm not sure any individual there knows what is going on. I also inquired several times. I was told on 16OCT2014 that:

"We're on track for (2015) shot show." This was emailed from Kevin ďT-BoneĒ Dee, Timney Technical Support Advisor.

When I saw the OP above I inquired again 10AUG2015. Mr. Dee wrote: "No updates at this time. Still on the schedule". I was tempted to send Mr. Dee the contradictory response regarding "I suggest contacting us again to see if this one is in the design process yet." from Ms. Nix but am losing interest quickly....Tom
Old 09-20-2015, 09:01 PM
FredT

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I also have a Browning, but it is an A-bolt. Like some here, I found the trigger to be less than desirable; so I contacted Timney & was told that there were no plans to produce a trigger for that rifle. Coming from a manufacturing background, I can assure you that the demand for a product MUST be there or it will never see the marketplace. So I took the A-bolt apart to see exactly what - if anything - I could do to improve things. I'll tell ya, the way THAT gun is made it does NOT lend itself readily to modifications. All I could do was substitute a lighter coil spring, so that's what I did. IF your rifle is made similarly you MAY be looking at the same "improvement". I wish you luck, but I suspect there are not that many Brownings "out there" ... and there may be even fewer Browning owners seeking to improve their triggers.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:16 AM
BayouBob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The way the T-Bolt trigger group is built I suspect they would have to produce a whole new assembly, housing and all. It's funny how many of us pay $200 plus for a trigger to put on a $200 rifle. I wonder how many folks would pay $200 for a trigger to put in a $700 rifle. (Of course we shouldn't have to.)
Old 10-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Boosted98gsx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
T-bolt Trigger

Yup, time to touch that wound again. Has anyone heard about anyone offering an aftermarket solution to the HORRIBLE trigger pull "minimum" that this thing comes with from the factory yet? Really tired of sacrificing 100yrd precision because of the excessive force it takes to squeeze 'em off.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Drhurricane

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I here crickets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Hu7ch

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I contacted them via email late last week and this was the reply...
Hi,

We do not have a trigger for the Browning T-Bolt. Iíd suggest if you havenít found one by this time next year, contact us again and see if itís in the design process yet. Please let me know if I can further assist you. I am more than happy to help. And thank you for choosing Timney. We are honored!

Warm Wishes,

Nikki Nix

Soooo there we have it... still nothing
Old 11-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Hu7ch

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Exclamation Jard trigger for the T-Bolt

Sooo like many of us that find the t-bolt trigger a tad on the heavy side I have searched high and low for a replacement. Well I emailed Jard about it and this is their reply:

Hello,
We do not currently have a trigger developed for the T-Bolt Browning. If we get enough interest in the T-Bolt we will definitely make a trigger for it.
Thank you!

My suggestion is that we collate on this thread and then share with Jard the number of people keen for a replacement trigger.
Yes this may take time and a little organising but its definitely worth it!!

Post your interest my friends and together we'll get a trigger for everyone!!
Old 11-09-2015, 05:14 PM
B77

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Count me in.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Hu7ch

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I may have found the answer!!

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=598731
Old 11-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Hu7ch

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jard are keen to work on developing a trigger for the t-bolt, head over to this thread and let them know you are keen to support it!

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=598731