""Hello" - Stupid Question From an Old Newbie - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:25 PM
magwa
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markbo View Post
Magwa welcome to RFC. What's a magwa anyway? First of all there r no stupid questions. NObody is born an expert at anything. Unless yr a 16-20 year old male and they eventually see the light.

And how old are those grandkids? Me? I'm gonna watch.....and smile.
Magwa's my name. It's a long story...But it comes from James Fenimore Cooper's "Last of the Mohicans." with a different twist on the spelling.
A long time ago I lined up with him because I think he was misrepresented...but I won't go into politics.

The grandkids (seven of 'em) range from the oldest graduating from college in three weeks back in Hartford, CT, down to six years old. Some of 'em
are interested in shooting and hunting. Some of them already shoot. And one 16 yr old has a 10/22. Wish I could take the 10/22 to Hartford with me.
I'm headed up to NH after the graduation...Emailed Ruger asking about a tour. They said (nicely), "No Way".

Of our kids (all daughters), ranging from 46 down to 36, one is a professor, one a Probation Officer (carries a Glock and beats up her co-workers at the range),
and one's a middle-school counselor.

So, we keep pretty busy. I started this build in lieu of building a nasty motor for my '68 Chevy Truck. Hell, it already runs. And, two grand against four seemed
to make sense at the time.

The problem I see is that, "Is one enough?" "Are forty-one too many?"

Last edited by magwa; 04-26-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magwa View Post
....The problem I see is that, "Is one enough?" "Are forty-one too many?"....
That's easy. No and no. I wouldn't want to **** off that one daughter... you know... the tough one. The middle school counselor.