Anschutz Models Sticky - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (120)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigdizzy View Post
Thanks Pastprime for the information. I added it to the original post along with the Anschutz weblink that a following poster posted. If the information keeps coming in we will have a great collection of information. Please encourage others to contribute and we will soon have the best source for information going. Thanks for the links Berock, they are posted.
No credit due me; the information came from others. But, I agree that if we keep getting blocks of information or links, a meaningful sticky can be created. Then the issue will be who will maintain it. I'm sure there are several capable members and I hope one or more come forward and take ownership.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Scott J
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Btt
Old 02-12-2012, 08:53 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (120)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott J View Post
Btt
That'll work Scott....if it's not made into a sticky, someone can just bump it to the top every day....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 09:00 AM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Some of the Triggers

An early 60's Owner's Manual page on 54 triggers.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Sigdizzy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Usmc69. Can you pm me the link to that page and I will post it in the first post? Not sure how to swipe the pic off the post and post it to photo bucket.

Also does anyone know how to host a word document somewhere in cyberland and post a link to it? I have been sent pages of information that I would like for folks to reference but its way to much info to post in a single post here. If you know could you kindly help me out as I would like for guys to be able to access it.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Sigdizzy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastprime View Post
No credit due me; the information came from others. But, I agree that if we keep getting blocks of information or links, a meaningful sticky can be created. Then the issue will be who will maintain it. I'm sure there are several capable members and I hope one or more come forward and take ownership.
I'm no expert, however I will try and keep this thread maintained
Old 02-12-2012, 11:34 AM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigdizzy View Post
Usmc69. Can you pm me the link to that page and I will post it in the first post? Not sure how to swipe the pic off the post and post it to photo bucket.

Also does anyone know how to host a word document somewhere in cyberland and post a link to it? I have been sent pages of information that I would like for folks to reference but its way to much info to post in a single post here. If you know could you kindly help me out as I would like for guys to be able to access it.

Thanks
Here you are. http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...utzManual3.jpg I have the entire manual if something else is needed.

AJ
Old 02-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Sigdizzy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
Here you are. http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...utzManual3.jpg I have the entire manual if something else is needed.

AJ
Thanks AJ. Added the link under triggers.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:59 PM
All4fun

TPC Rating: 
100% (71)
Sigdizzy, My hat is off to you for driving this. It is much needed because Anschutz has such a rich, and sometimes complex, lineage of rifles.

I believe the value of a sticky goes up significantly if the key information is at the top of the thread with supporting images embedded in that "anchor" post or subsequent posts. As you add images you will find you will hit a limit in any single post (it is about 10 images). So it becomes valuable to have multiple posts from the OP on the first page of the thread. (Please refer to this post from 35WCF to see what I am talking about:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=212830
It is arguably the most amazing post on RFC both in terms of information and how it is presented. Note how 35WCF grabbed the first bunch of posts to put the key info at the beginning of the thread.)

Thank you for your work on this. It is much appreciated.

~~~

Last edited by All4fun; 02-12-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:32 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Sights Info

Here is one for the sights information http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...utzManual5.jpg
Old 02-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Sigdizzy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4fun View Post
Sigdizzy, My hat is off to you for driving this. It is much needed because Anschutz has such a rich, and sometimes complex, lineage of rifles.

I believe the value of a sticky goes up significantly if the key information is at the top of the thread with supporting images embedded in that "anchor" post or subsequent posts. As you add images you will find you will hit a limit in any single post (it is about 10 images). So it becomes valuable to have multiple posts from the OP on the first page of the thread. (Please refer to this post from 35WCF to see what I am talking about:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=212830
It is arguably the most amazing post on RFC both in terms of information and how it is presented. Note how 35WCF grabbed the first bunch of posts to put the key info at the beginning of the thread.)

Thank you for your work on this. It is much appreciated.

~~~
All4, that sticky on brno's is excellent. Unfortunately I am not knowledgeable enough on anschutz to ad the commentary nor keep all the info accurate and straight, an Anni nut will have to do that. Maybe we can use this thread to collect enough data to eventually create a better sticky
Old 02-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Prairiewalker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Some time ago I started a list of Anschutz models. I tidied it up a bit to let you see if this could be used as part of our planned sticky.

The problem I have is that it is a table in MS Word format. I also have it as an HTML file but I do not know enough about posting stuff on the forum here to let you guys take a look at it.

Can any of you easily help with my problem or can I email the MS Word or HTML file to any of you so that you can post it for comment? Right now it runs to about 60 models and major variants and I have not started on the 16XX, 19XX and 20XX rifles, or the very few pistols and shotguns.

Thanks

Mike
Old 02-13-2012, 02:08 AM
Scott J

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Btt
Old 02-13-2012, 02:25 AM
All4fun

TPC Rating: 
100% (71)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiewalker View Post
Some time ago I started a list of Anschutz models. I tidied it up a bit to let you see if this could be used as part of our planned sticky.

The problem I have is that it is a table in MS Word format. I also have it as an HTML file but I do not know enough about posting stuff on the forum here to let you guys take a look at it.

Can any of you easily help with my problem or can I email the MS Word or HTML file to any of you so that you can post it for comment? Right now it runs to about 60 models and major variants and I have not started on the 16XX, 19XX and 20XX rifles, or the very few pistols and shotguns.

Thanks

Mike
A Word doc can be attached to a post up to 24 kb (not very large) and a pdf can be attached up to 73 kb. (getting more reasonable) I'll PM my email to see what can be done.

~~~
Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Sigdizzy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiewalker View Post

Thanks

Mike
Mike,

That would be a fantastic resource, if you don't mind send it to me with permission to post it and I will do one of several things. Try and host it on a webhosting site with a link so that when folks hit the link it directs them to the document, or I will start a new Sticky and transfer all the info to that sticky and swipe the first 10 posts and simply cut and paste the information so one can follow it through the first 10 posts. or if it fits I will stick it in the first post on this thread. That is the kind of list that I think most guys are looking for.

SD