Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 PM
R700

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Buy it when you see it or else.....

So i posted 2 threads about a cz 455 comparison to a 453 varmint, 452 style and 455 super match. Store had cz 453 varmint last week and I made my decision throughout the week to go with the cz 453 varmint.

Guess what......Sold. Really Mad. Sold a CZ 452 style with Bushnell Elite 3200 for $450 about 2 years ago. That was one of my favourite rigs ever. Dime size all day at 50m.

Anyway, I had the chance to get the Cz 452 style again but i opted for the the 455 american. 2 action screws was my big concern. I never gave it much thought when I bought my Style but this time around I really wanted 2 action screws.

I am a little sketchy on the CZ 455 barrel attachment with 2 screws as opposed to the threaded 452 barrels.

Overall, the 455 has a lot of nice upgrades in regards to the detail, 2 torx action screws, complete free float barrel etc. The new style I was looking at had alot of barrel contact to the stock and if your forced it a bit you could move the barrel around. I cannot remember if my old style was like that but I chose the best of 3 models for the CZ 455 american. The cz 455 feels rugged enough and there was no major warning signs not to buy.

I'll put it to the test soon at 50m and hope it shoots like my Style did.

Lesson of the story, buy it no matter what if you see the model you want. That's what credit cards are for.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Rule-303

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh, too bad.... You made the right choice, so maybe another one will come up again soon.
You must be stronger than Hercules if you can move a Style barrel around...
Do you mean there was flex in the stock?

Otherwise, I think you'll still be happy with the 455.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:05 AM
R700

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule-303 View Post
Oh, too bad.... You made the right choice, so maybe another one will come up again soon.
You must be stronger than Hercules if you can move a Style barrel around...
Do you mean there was flex in the stock?

Otherwise, I think you'll still be happy with the 455.
The barrel would shift left and right and then touch the stock. It was more of a stock thing i imagine. The stock made various contact points on the barrel. I believe this might have been because the 1 action screw or barrel lug may have been lose.

The 455 american ran a 5 dollar bill cleanly between the stock and barrel even when pressure was placed on the stock.

I know that the 452 style barrel is threaded but I went with the free float and 2 action screw the 455 had as it seemed much more rigid. Range report will follow shortly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 05:05 AM
Rule-303

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trust me... you weren't moving the barrel. (Well, unless you really are Hercules - or, as you suggested, the screws weren't done up. )
The plastic stock on a Style is quite soft and flexible in the fore-end.
Still... will be looking forward to your range report on how well your new 455 shoots when you do get to blow the cobwebs out of it.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Model 52
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I saw a guy in a gun store looking at a really nice Winchester 9422 XTR at a great price, and from 6' away I could see it was in excellent condition. He commented to his buddy "I'll have to think about it, but I'm pretty sure I'll buy it" and then he put it back on the rack.

He was badly mistaken as I picked it out of the rack and followed him to the counter to pay for it doing an inspection of it on the way to the front of the store. He kept going out the door, never looked back and never knew that 9422 lasted exactly 2 seconds after he put it back in the rack.

If that guy happens to read this, all I can say is "sorry".
Old 10-30-2013, 08:48 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Model 52 View Post
I saw a guy in a gun store looking at a really nice Winchester 9422 XTR at a great price, and from 6' away I could see it was in excellent condition. He commented to his buddy "I'll have to think about it, but I'm pretty sure I'll buy it" and then he put it back on the rack.

He was badly mistaken as I picked it out of the rack and followed him to the counter to pay for it doing an inspection of it on the way to the front of the store. He kept going out the door, never looked back and never knew that 9422 lasted exactly 2 seconds after he put it back in the rack.

If that guy happens to read this, all I can say is "sorry".
That's how I got my Walther PP in .22lr, acquaintance said look at what I'm thinking about buying, got it in my hands and never let it go until I reached the checkout counter. I'd been looking for a good one at a reasonable price for years. There are times to think and times to do.

Both magazines, factory brush and plastic box for just over $400, what was to think about?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Rule-303

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Model 52 View Post
....................If that guy happens to read this, all I can say is "sorry".
Yea... I'll bet you are really, really sorry, too.

It could well be true... He who hesitates is lost!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:31 PM
redworm
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
......................................."Study long study wrong"..........................................
Old 11-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Zeiss Nut
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Wink

I was given the choice between 452 style and 455 American combo
I bought both CZ. As my first rifle . I'll sort it out latter
Old 11-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Rand
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R700 View Post
Lesson of the story, buy it no matter what if you see the model you want. That's what credit cards are for.
Great story! The one about the Winchester is great too!

I was in the gun shop, had been looking for a certain model, didn't find it...BUT I did find a nice used one. So I figured I'd just buy it to try it out, and maybe trade it later if it didn't work out.

Well then I went back in the next day, and they had the gun I had originally been looking for, so I went ahead and added it too.

Then after the 3 days were up I went in to pick them up, and they had a Ruger Mark III with the fluted barrel...!! I KNEW if I left, it would be gone in minutes...(if not sooner)...so I didn't let it out of my hands!! (Guy was looking over my shoulder....LoL)

This thing is a tack driver, even with my bad eyes...glad I snatched it up!!