T/C Classic vs. Ruger 10/22 - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-02-2003, 07:49 AM
Ron S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Yep! The shooter I was talking about was John Lemmon. Long time shooter in the southern Indiana area. I would like to get in on the matches,but I'm not sure how to go about it. I had a stroke 2 years ago,and have alot of time on my hands,so I think something like that would be fun. Ron
Old 12-02-2003, 12:16 PM
Rimfire Junkie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ron, shooting is the best remedy for stroke recovery!! An old pistol shooter at our club had a pretty bad one a while ago. He got right back into wacking them targets as part of his "healing".

I'll pm ya few links later on for the email matches. Gotta go to my Doc in 5 mins...ugh .
Old 12-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Rimfire Junkie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ron, here ya go...

https://rimfirecentral.com/forums/sho...threadid=15517

If ya need to try a few targets without getting a whole stack, Tom Geurin sells a "Trial pack" of 10 or so for 7 (?) dollars.

OR PM me and I'll mail ya a few of mine. I'll even send ya ones that don't have holes in'em yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2003, 11:33 PM
Ron S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the info Rimfire,I'll check it out. Ron
Old 12-12-2003, 11:54 PM
cobber

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
classic

to all the t/c classic fans i have one and you can keep them all. my ruger will shoot circles arouind the t/c especially reliability. the t/c doesn't like any shells. it jamms on all of them/
Old 12-13-2003, 04:36 AM
iamjacob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cobber,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your T/C Classic. With all of the positive responces about the Classic I would tend to believe that your Classic may have a problem, you might want to have it looked at or even send it back to T/C.

I can't speak about the Classic but I do own a Benchmark, they are almost identical though. Mine is a work of art. I just shot her for the first time yesterday, put almost 600 rounds through her with only 1 FTF.

Before you swear off a Thompson try talking to the place you bought yours from and see if they can straighten out your problem. Even the best production line in the world goofs up occasionally, it's how they fix their mistakes that sets them apart.

My .02
Jake
Old 12-13-2003, 09:24 AM
Airedale
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There is nothing more agravating than a brand new purchase that has problems. If you read the other forums every manufacturer has problems now and then. You will read that an owner of a 10/22 to a high buck Kimber or Cooper will have a problem. The thing you have to look at Cobber is the whole picture on the Classic. Most people are more than satisfied with the accuracy and reliability and that is what you should go by not just one example even if you happen to be the unlucky person who has the problem. The T/C company has a good reputation for service and although it is a pain having to put up with this sort of thing I am sure they will make good.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:26 PM
$harp$hooter14
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Okay, the T/C 22 Classic is a really well build rifle. And like others said you can't compare a 10/22 to a 22 Classic but the T/C Classic is really accurate. I have shot it accurately at 25 yards with a 4X scope at 50 I messed around a bit with poi changes and holdover so it isn't as good. However I don't think that a 10/22's stock is nearly as nice as a t/c classic's factory. Here is mine and some groups I shot with it.

target shot with t/c 22 classic
Oh, and Winchester Super-Xs were the bullets.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:17 AM
brad541thb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
DRS may well be telling the truth indeed. I just read a hunting magazine article where they tested the new Thompson Center Benchmark and the author using CCI mini-mags shot 10 shots at 50 yards that measured .250 center to center. I saw the target and couldn't believe it myself. They tried other ammo but they were all around 5/8" to 1" or just a little over it. My 541 has never shot a .250 5-shot group let alone trying to do 10 shots is awesome to say the least. I would like to see any Anschutz put 10 shots outdoors that measured .250 c-t-c on even a perfect day. I'm sure there are some that have done it but very few indeed. Don't knock a guy for what he has done only knock him if you know for a fact that he hasn't. Brad541thb
Old 01-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Ron S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brad,you are right! I've come close to the .250 mark but not there yet! This spring I intend to really wring her out and see what she will do! What Mag. did you read this in? Ron
Old 01-10-2004, 09:34 PM
brad541thb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ron S I will let you know what magazine I read about the Thompson Center Benchmark. I read it Friday night at Country Mart. I can guarantee you that the 10 -shot group was indeed .250 c-t-c. with the CCI mini-mags(standard velocity). I was impressed. Just how many 22's custom built with the super match grade barrels from the world reknown barrel makers such as Shilen, Douglas, Hart, etc. that are air gaged to be .0002 or even less could do this 10 shot feat with cheap ole ammo such as the CCI's? That Benchmark may have just been an exception but what would even the chances of that be! They must be real tack drivers indeed!
Old 01-11-2004, 10:19 AM
Ron S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brad,there are three of them amoung the guys that shoot with us. They all seem to be tack drivers. They are picky about which ammo you use in them though. I purchased the first one in our club,after shooting it two other members got one. The rest(26) are trying to get their hands on one. There seems to be a shortage of them. T/C said they can't keep up with the demand. Ron
Old 01-11-2004, 08:57 PM
brad541thb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ron S GUN World magazine on page 72. Thompson/Centers New .22 Classic Benchmark rifle is the name of the article. The author is Stan Trzoniec. He shot a 10-shot group at 50 yds. with the Benchmark using CCI Standard Velocity 22 Long Rifle loads that Measured .250 c-t-c. He had a Burris 3-9X Compact scope. The picture of the group is on page 77. Velocity was 1120 fps. Wind nearly calm Temperature was near 70 degrees. The rest of the groups with the other ammo ranged from 5/8" to a little over an inch. I hope you can find this months Gun World and check it out for yourself. These are the facts and anybody who doubts me can also check it out for themself. I would also like to say here when someone says they shoot a .250 with a gun even though it's not an Anschutz or Cooper doesn't necessarily mean that there is no way they could do that with that cheaper gun. It just proves that some of the cheaper rifles if machined with tight barrel and chamber tolerances and a descent trigger can shoot some mighty impressive groups that can hold their own with the more expensive names. Brad 541thb