TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question 880sq

I'm looking for a heaver wood stock for a Marlin 880SQ. Can anyone help. JLT
Old 06-28-2003, 04:03 PM
RvA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm doing the same myself. I sent a note to Boyd's Gunstock Industries and I'm waiting for a reply. When he gets back to me I'll let you know what he said.

Best,

Roger
Old 06-29-2003, 08:07 AM
dkemper

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Marlin sells a very nice laminated stock for the 880/25N.

It's not a drop in fit for the 880SQ, but some sand paper wrapped around a dowel to open up the barrel channel will cure that. (and a lot of elbow grease)

An easier solution to the sandpaper and dowel route is a barrel channel file from Brownells. They're available in may diameters and make quick work of the job.

If you're a bit more adventurous - un-inletted stocks are available from most of the places that supply stocks. Any grade of wood and nearly any combination of colored laminate can be found. A few can supply costom color cominations if you cannot find an off the shelf combo that trips your trigger.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2003, 12:18 PM
JLT32964

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Stock

I was looking at a Marlin 17 with a wood stoc....it looks just like the 880SQ.....I wonder how I could bet my hands on one of those.It will ellimanate lots of sanding........Jim
Old 06-30-2003, 08:46 AM
dkemper

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Marlin is very receptive to cust sales. A quick call to them should have a stock in the mail to you - That's how I purchased the lamintated stock for mine.

I'm not positive if the 17VS's stocks will fit. I know the magizine well is larger -- the action on the rifle may be longer as well. Be well worth a trip to the local retailer for a side by side compare. Any .22 LR beside any rimfire magnum should tell the tale. If the action dimentions are the same, you'll need a set of action screws and a mag well guard plate. The stock from Marlin is complete with trigger guard, sling swivels and the plate but with the magnum mags so much larger, you might have alignment and stability problems with the larger opening in the plate. The 17VS stock has a silvery trigger guard so ask for the stainless plate and screws. (or add in a blued trigger guard)

The 17VS stock is a gray color, vs the brown laminate of the 880/25N one.

If the 17VS stock does look to fit, Richards Microfit inlets the Marlin rimfire magnum so your options get much broader in terms of stock style, colors and type of wood. Again, not a drop in fit but you could really personalize your 880SQ.

Good luck, post us a pic when your done!