Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-30-2003, 01:56 PM
flycaster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Semi-auto rifle question...

Hi, Folks. I'm considering a Browning take-down for informal target shooting and plinking (no scope). I'm a bit concerned about the bottom ejection for two reasons. First, I learned to shoot a rifle with the elbow of my forward arm directly under the gun for stability (will the hot empties keep hitting me in the forearm?). Second, I also shoot from a casual bench setting (concerned about empties ricocheting off the bench). Or, are these concerns unwarranted, leading me to buying the rifle for just plain fun? Thanks for your input.

Chuck
Old 05-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Bigdog
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

This is a serious answer - wear a long-sleeved shirt. I had an Iver Johnson .22LR M1 Carbine that ejected mostly to the left - it dropped them in my left arm crook - Ouch! Long sleeves help a lot.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:52 PM
Joe
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've got the BA-22 and shoot it off the bench all the time. If you leave the bare concrete or steel on top, yes the empties will zoom around. But, since everyone always puts down a piece of carpet on the bench when they shoot, it's not really a problem.

I use a piece of carpet or an old towel just to have something on top of the bench that don't heat up too fast in the sun and is always there to lay the firearm down on between shots, reloading, etc....

And this is an excellent little gun to dink around with. I've had mine a couple of years and it is the lightest 22 I have to carry around when I want to stroll around the PD fields or some place else hunting.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2003, 08:33 AM
ROD BROWN
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i owned a Browning also and I had the same concern.I shot the trifle for a while and burned my right arm until I made a deflector.I took a piece if metal and bent it to conform with the shape of the receiver,blued it knocked out the pin in the trigger group ,installed it and used a lomger pin.It really worked well,but it was a lot of work making it.I am really sorry I sold it.I'm too lazy to make another one.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:00 PM
heliflyer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rod Brown's Browning Auto-22

Rod:
Because you didn't sell your Browning to me, I hope you get hot cases on your preciados every time you shoot.

Since I have known Rod for over thirty years, and since I know he speaks fluent spanish. Rod will know what preciados means.

Yes, Rod you are lazy -- But then all cops suffer from that disfunctional malady. He, he, he. You'll never catch me!

Bill