How do I get in? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Asynjor

Posts: 
n/a
How do I get in?



Log in to see fewer ads
What do you have to do to get into the trading post? Everytime I click on it, it wont let me in. The rules say you have to be regestered for 35 days. I've been posting on here for months, but can't seem to get in there. What am I missing?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-11-2008, 06:28 PM
amblerrl's Avatar
amblerrl
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
VILONIA ARKANSAS
Posts: 
3,082
TPC Rating: 
100% (125)
post ads

i may be wrong but you may have to be a rfc member to post ads
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Admin3's Avatar
Admin3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2004
Posts: 
556
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amblerrl View Post
i may be wrong but you may have to be a rfc member to post ads
You have to be registered for 35 days to post items For Sale. After that, everyone is free to use the Classifieds unless they have been restricted for punitive reasons.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 12-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Indy's Avatar
Indy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Support
Join Date: 
Nov 2000
Location: 
Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 
414
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynjor View Post
What do you have to do to get into the trading post? Everytime I click on it, it wont let me in. The rules say you have to be regestered for 35 days. I've been posting on here for months, but can't seem to get in there. What am I missing?
Please clarify when you say "it won't let me in". Anyone, regardless of usergroup, can view ads. But, as stated in previous post you have to be registered 35 days before you can post an ad. This is to eliminate spam posters that happen upon the Trading Post and register just to sell stuff.

Our Trading Post is basically for the use of RFC users. I have thought about setting up a program "for the world" to use, but at this time there are no plans on doing so in the immediate future. If we ever did, it would be a paid system where people would pay a couple of bucks or so to sell something. There are some other places to sell such as Gun Broker etc. so does the world really need another venue for selling at this time? But, who knows what the future may bring!

But again, let me know exactly what you are experiencing so that I can try to duplicate and repair if necessary.

Indy
__________________
RFC Support

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Asynjor

Posts: 
n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Please clarify when you say "it won't let me in". Anyone, regardless of usergroup, can view ads. But, as stated in previous post you have to be registered 35 days before you can post an ad. This is to eliminate spam posters that happen upon the Trading Post and register just to sell stuff.

Our Trading Post is basically for the use of RFC users. I have thought about setting up a program "for the world" to use, but at this time there are no plans on doing so in the immediate future. If we ever did, it would be a paid system where people would pay a couple of bucks or so to sell something. There are some other places to sell such as Gun Broker etc. so does the world really need another venue for selling at this time? But, who knows what the future may bring!

But again, let me know exactly what you are experiencing so that I can try to duplicate and repair if necessary.

Indy

To try to clarify, when I click the trading post classified link on the main forum page. It takes me to a page saying I do not have permision to access the page.

My profile says I joined on 4/17/08. That should be more that 35 days. Which I guess means I don't have "sufficient privileges " or a "administrator disabled my account".

Or I'm not doing some thing right. I can get in to the auction house, fine. Just not he classifieds.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Asynjor

Posts: 
n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin3 View Post
You have to be registered for 35 days to post items For Sale. After that, everyone is free to use the Classifieds unless they have been restricted for punitive reasons.
How would I determine if this is the case? A couple of my posts were deleted when I disagreed with others on the forums.

I posted that I was less than happy with some products I had gotten from sponsors here. Which I guess is a no-no around here. Some of them weren't the most polite, but others I tried to be and they still got deleted.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Asynjor

Posts: 
n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynjor View Post
How would I determine if this is the case? A couple of my posts were deleted when I disagreed with others on the forums.

I posted that I was less than happy with some products I had gotten from sponsors here. Which I guess is a no-no around here. Some of them weren't the most polite, but others I tried to be and they still got deleted.
I've determined this is the problem, so now what? Any chance you all letting me in there now?

Or should I just make a new account and wait 35 days?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Indy's Avatar
Indy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Support
Join Date: 
Nov 2000
Location: 
Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 
414
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
At this point, I honestly don't know what is happening. You are the first person that I've heard of that can't view the Trading Post. Have you tried clearing browsing history and also logging out and clearing cookies?
__________________
RFC Support

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Asynjor

Posts: 
n/a
I've tried it from my home PC, and my work PC with no luck. So last week I made another account, and it let me in. I guess I can't sell anything, but I can get in and look around.

That makes me thing it's not on my end, and that something is up with this account.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-22-2008, 04:51 PM
infest
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2008
Location: 
W. Tennessee
Posts: 
783
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
how do you become an RFC memeber?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
JEE's Avatar
JEE
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Moderator
Join Date: 
May 2005
Location: 
In a cave torturing spammers
Posts: 
19,305
TPC Rating: 
100% (66)
Quote:
Originally Posted by infest View Post
how do you become an RFC memeber?
You don't have to be a Team RFC member to post ads, but it does give you some extra privileges and the money goes to charity.

Here's some more info:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/_charitydrive.php
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-03-2009, 10:42 PM
ratrace

Join Date: 
Apr 2009
Location: 
Parker, AZ
Posts: 
34
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Classifieds

That's a new one for me not being able to post for thirty five days, not even a WTB classified. It seems very onesided.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x