How do I get in? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Asynjor

How do I get in?

What do you have to do to get into the trading post? Everytime I click on it, it wont let me in. The rules say you have to be regestered for 35 days. I've been posting on here for months, but can't seem to get in there. What am I missing?
Old 12-11-2008, 06:28 PM
amblerrl
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (125)
post ads

i may be wrong but you may have to be a rfc member to post ads
Old 12-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Admin3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amblerrl View Post
i may be wrong but you may have to be a rfc member to post ads
You have to be registered for 35 days to post items For Sale. After that, everyone is free to use the Classifieds unless they have been restricted for punitive reasons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Indy

RFC Support
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynjor View Post
What do you have to do to get into the trading post? Everytime I click on it, it wont let me in. The rules say you have to be regestered for 35 days. I've been posting on here for months, but can't seem to get in there. What am I missing?
Please clarify when you say "it won't let me in". Anyone, regardless of usergroup, can view ads. But, as stated in previous post you have to be registered 35 days before you can post an ad. This is to eliminate spam posters that happen upon the Trading Post and register just to sell stuff.

Our Trading Post is basically for the use of RFC users. I have thought about setting up a program "for the world" to use, but at this time there are no plans on doing so in the immediate future. If we ever did, it would be a paid system where people would pay a couple of bucks or so to sell something. There are some other places to sell such as Gun Broker etc. so does the world really need another venue for selling at this time? But, who knows what the future may bring!

But again, let me know exactly what you are experiencing so that I can try to duplicate and repair if necessary.

Indy

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"
Old 12-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Asynjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Please clarify when you say "it won't let me in". Anyone, regardless of usergroup, can view ads. But, as stated in previous post you have to be registered 35 days before you can post an ad. This is to eliminate spam posters that happen upon the Trading Post and register just to sell stuff.

Our Trading Post is basically for the use of RFC users. I have thought about setting up a program "for the world" to use, but at this time there are no plans on doing so in the immediate future. If we ever did, it would be a paid system where people would pay a couple of bucks or so to sell something. There are some other places to sell such as Gun Broker etc. so does the world really need another venue for selling at this time? But, who knows what the future may bring!

But again, let me know exactly what you are experiencing so that I can try to duplicate and repair if necessary.

Indy

To try to clarify, when I click the trading post classified link on the main forum page. It takes me to a page saying I do not have permision to access the page.

My profile says I joined on 4/17/08. That should be more that 35 days. Which I guess means I don't have "sufficient privileges " or a "administrator disabled my account".

Or I'm not doing some thing right. I can get in to the auction house, fine. Just not he classifieds.

Mike
Old 12-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Asynjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin3 View Post
You have to be registered for 35 days to post items For Sale. After that, everyone is free to use the Classifieds unless they have been restricted for punitive reasons.
How would I determine if this is the case? A couple of my posts were deleted when I disagreed with others on the forums.

I posted that I was less than happy with some products I had gotten from sponsors here. Which I guess is a no-no around here. Some of them weren't the most polite, but others I tried to be and they still got deleted.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Asynjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynjor View Post
How would I determine if this is the case? A couple of my posts were deleted when I disagreed with others on the forums.

I posted that I was less than happy with some products I had gotten from sponsors here. Which I guess is a no-no around here. Some of them weren't the most polite, but others I tried to be and they still got deleted.
I've determined this is the problem, so now what? Any chance you all letting me in there now?

Or should I just make a new account and wait 35 days?
Old 12-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Indy

RFC Support
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
At this point, I honestly don't know what is happening. You are the first person that I've heard of that can't view the Trading Post. Have you tried clearing browsing history and also logging out and clearing cookies?

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"
Old 12-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Asynjor

I've tried it from my home PC, and my work PC with no luck. So last week I made another account, and it let me in. I guess I can't sell anything, but I can get in and look around.

That makes me thing it's not on my end, and that something is up with this account.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:51 PM
infest

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
how do you become an RFC memeber?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
JEE

TPC Rating: 
100% (66)
Quote:
Originally Posted by infest View Post
how do you become an RFC memeber?
You don't have to be a Team RFC member to post ads, but it does give you some extra privileges and the money goes to charity.

Here's some more info:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/_charitydrive.php
Old 05-03-2009, 10:42 PM
ratrace

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Classifieds

That's a new one for me not being able to post for thirty five days, not even a WTB classified. It seems very onesided.