front sight mod for stainless bearcat - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-23-2018, 05:18 PM
SOUTHERN S/PAW's Avatar
SOUTHERN S/PAW
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2003
Location: 
southwest co
Posts: 
1,309
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)


Log in to see fewer ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharrones View Post
7 to 15 yards. At 10 yards, point of impact is an average of 2" to 2.5" low depending on ammo. Windage can be dead on with a lot of concentration, but if I shoot it quickly the muzzle pulls to the right on me.



I'm tempted to file the front sight to find the elevation I want, then pay a gunsmith to install a proper height drift adjustable front blade.
I'd hold off filing the front if you do point of impact will be higher. adding height
to the front sight will lower the point of of impact.
Most revolvers were regulated for 25 yards, when I started shooting I don't know what the factories use now? I would first try to use different 22 ammo and find a load that prints closer to POA.
On the subject of printing to the left or right of center I have found that I tend to print to the Right ( I'm left handed) my buddy prints to the left, right handed.

If you go with the dovetail have some one cut it with a mill then you can buy all sorts of dove tail front sights for the gun, tailor the sight to the ammo.
Good idea! look at Clements work on Bearcat front sights. http://www.clementscustomguns.com/bearcat.html

Last edited by SOUTHERN S/PAW; 09-23-2018 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Adding info
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-23-2018, 06:38 PM
gcrank1's Avatar
gcrank1

Join Date: 
Apr 2018
Location: 
south central WI, USA
Posts: 
3,508
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Fwiw, its:
Kentucky Windage
Tennessee Elevation
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-23-2018, 06:51 PM
chicharrones
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Location: 
Galveston Bay is an Hour Away
Posts: 
2,299
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
Fwiw, its:
Kentucky Windage
Tennessee Elevation

Works for me.
__________________
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #19  
Old 09-23-2018, 06:59 PM
chicharrones
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Location: 
Galveston Bay is an Hour Away
Posts: 
2,299
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERN S/PAW View Post
I'd hold off filing the front if you do point of impact will be higher.
Since the gun is shooting low, I definitely want to raise the point of impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERN S/PAW View Post
Most revolvers were regulated for 25 yards, when I started shooting I don't know what the factories use now?
You ought to see the taller sight I put on my cap and ball Pietta 1860 Army. That thing is supposedly regulated for 75 yards, but I never shoot it past 25 yards.

Speaking of the Bearcat Shopkeeper, I can't group it tight enough to consider shooting small targets at 25 yards.

My Ruger Single Six on the other hand, does 25 yards just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERN S/PAW View Post
I would first try to use different 22 ammo and find a load that prints closer to POA.
I've run through several types at different rated velocities. So far, all shoot low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERN S/PAW View Post
On the subject of printing to the left or right of center I have found that I tend to print to the Right ( I'm left handed) my buddy prints to the left, right handed.
I'm right handed and my little Bearcat pulls right on me. Probably a hand size/grip size thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERN S/PAW View Post
If you go with the dovetail have some one cut it with a mill then you can buy all sorts of dove tail front sights for the gun, tailor the sight to the ammo.
Good idea! look at Clements work on Bearcat front sights. http://www.clementscustomguns.com/bearcat.html
That is one source of my inspiration. Should be a useful modification, if I go that way.
__________________
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x