Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:18 PM
SOUTHERN S/PAW
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharrones View Post
7 to 15 yards. At 10 yards, point of impact is an average of 2" to 2.5" low depending on ammo. Windage can be dead on with a lot of concentration, but if I shoot it quickly the muzzle pulls to the right on me.

I'm tempted to file the front sight to find the elevation I want, then pay a gunsmith to install a proper height drift adjustable front blade.
I'd hold off filing the front if you do point of impact will be higher. adding height
to the front sight will lower the point of of impact.
Most revolvers were regulated for 25 yards, when I started shooting I don't know what the factories use now? I would first try to use different 22 ammo and find a load that prints closer to POA.
On the subject of printing to the left or right of center I have found that I tend to print to the Right ( I'm left handed) my buddy prints to the left, right handed.

If you go with the dovetail have some one cut it with a mill then you can buy all sorts of dove tail front sights for the gun, tailor the sight to the ammo.
Good idea! look at Clements work on Bearcat front sights. http://www.clementscustomguns.com/bearcat.html

Last edited by SOUTHERN S/PAW; 09-23-2018 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Adding info
Old 09-23-2018, 06:38 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Fwiw, its:
Kentucky Windage
Tennessee Elevation
Old 09-23-2018, 06:51 PM
chicharrones

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
Fwiw, its:
Kentucky Windage
Tennessee Elevation

Works for me.
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2018, 06:59 PM
chicharrones

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERN S/PAW View Post
I'd hold off filing the front if you do point of impact will be higher.
Since the gun is shooting low, I definitely want to raise the point of impact.

Quote:
Most revolvers were regulated for 25 yards, when I started shooting I don't know what the factories use now?
You ought to see the taller sight I put on my cap and ball Pietta 1860 Army. That thing is supposedly regulated for 75 yards, but I never shoot it past 25 yards.

Speaking of the Bearcat Shopkeeper, I can't group it tight enough to consider shooting small targets at 25 yards.

My Ruger Single Six on the other hand, does 25 yards just fine.

Quote:
I would first try to use different 22 ammo and find a load that prints closer to POA.
I've run through several types at different rated velocities. So far, all shoot low.

Quote:
On the subject of printing to the left or right of center I have found that I tend to print to the Right ( I'm left handed) my buddy prints to the left, right handed.
I'm right handed and my little Bearcat pulls right on me. Probably a hand size/grip size thing.

Quote:
If you go with the dovetail have some one cut it with a mill then you can buy all sorts of dove tail front sights for the gun, tailor the sight to the ammo.
Good idea! look at Clements work on Bearcat front sights. http://www.clementscustomguns.com/bearcat.html
That is one source of my inspiration. Should be a useful modification, if I go that way.