Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:36 PM
AK
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Rico Rico Rico, you must dream about things you can do to a Ruger 10/22 at night!
Old 05-19-2007, 02:05 PM
slowhanddd

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Just a thought,and that is dangerous,but couldn't you use the edge of the long clip release to push on the bolt hold open thingy?When you squeeze the end of the bolt release wouldn't it hit the end of the bolt hold open????I know what I mean,but can't express it.I'll work on a rube goldberg type release and see if I can get it to work.Then post some pics.Slow
Old 05-19-2007, 06:58 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
well posted this on seans thread, but thought i'd post it here also to give an idea of what i have been wanting to do since i received seans lever release,
and now will mount it on one of the TG's permanently, as it is very handy and different. might fab a few more, using vincents' idea of a wood jig to form the
strap. will be a bit easier as i have one to use as a pattern.

this little mod will make it a lot easier for me to lock the bolt with my handi-capped lefty with out fumbling around. actually has been finished sanded, painted, and will re-assemble shortly.

thanks again, sean,

rico....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2007, 08:23 PM
SeanM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to SeanM
Rico,

think nothing of it. I have used the releases for the last few yrs and really have become addicted to the ease of operation. I am trying to past the knowledge of how to make them along.

I knew there would be a problem with working the bolt hold open but never really sat down to fix it because I do not use it that much. I saw a simple solution when I saw the bolt lock design that Tom W. has with the extra long bolt hold open. I just need to find a way to fabricate a new bolt hold open from sheet of metal.

Rigrat,

I just get luck some times. I have been working and bending metal for a long time, things do not always work out the way they are suppose to in my head.

SeanM
Old 05-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
It's called synergy.....happens alot in SuperStock and at RFC. One person has an idea that feeds another that gets a third person thinking........Good things start happening and we all move this hobby/passion along a bit farther.

I remember 3 years ago Cheif Dave saying that it just was not safe to build a Ruger trigger lighter than 2.5 lbs or something. For the time he was right. Now I have 1.5 pound Ruger trigger that I can not make fail for nothing.

Sawdust and Squawsatch build a couple really different stocks like the Polar Bear and now we have Hipshot's new stock that looks like something from Star Wars.

Synergy.....kind of a neat word for something good happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 05-19-2007, 11:12 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
"SYNERGY",

flowing together, sorta, a melding of ideas, thoughts, that flow as one, but based on diff ideas, from diff people, such as we have here, no matter what the subject is....

rico....

Old 05-19-2007, 11:19 PM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
It's called synergy.....happens alot in SuperStock and at RFC. One person has an idea that feeds another that gets a third person thinking........Good things start happening and we all move this hobby/passion along a bit farther.

I remember 3 years ago Cheif Dave saying that it just was not safe to build a Ruger trigger lighter than 2.5 lbs or something. For the time he was right. Now I have 1.5 pound Ruger trigger that I can not make fail for nothing.

Sawdust and Squawsatch build a couple really different stocks like the Polar Bear and now we have Hipshot's new stock that looks like something from Star Wars.

Synergy.....kind of a neat word for something good happening.
"Synergy". Synonymous for inovation in motion.

Gotta love this place...
Old 05-20-2007, 12:55 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
yup,

times, technology, is / are changing. who would thought 6-7 months ago that
.1xx groups were possible, with a "Stocker", but some here are doing that on a regular basis. the SSer's have come a long way, and am glad and proud to
be a part of this forum. have learned a lot here, lol, from 2" groups down to
.1xx> sometimes, but, a HUGE diff for me,

yup, gotta luv this place,

rico....

Old 05-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
I need to find me a piece of stainless for that lever. I have aluminum, but want stainless.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:59 AM
SeanM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to SeanM
Gizzy,

in appearence Stainless steel and mild steel look pretty much the same when they are polished to a mirror finish.
this is a stainless one that I did

the release on the left is made from regular mild steel(one of the first one that I ever made).

the big difference will come when you start to form the metal, stainless is a little bit more on the stiff side where mild steel can be formed almost as easy as aluminum. I do not want to discourage you from your choice of metal, just trying to save you a little fustration is all. Try aluminum first to kind of get the hang of making the bends.

SeanM

Last edited by SeanM; 05-20-2007 at 02:01 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Back to my thread here. Today I am going to do some more work on fitting this Heavy Sporter blue barrel to the DSP stock.

I bought Talley rings/bases for both DSPs. Put them on the Stainless rifle last night. I have to get that and the mag release pictures taken and posted. Try to take them today. In the Talley rings the base and bottom ring is all one piece. They are off set so you can turn them one way to set the scope foreward on the reciever or the other to set it back. Or you can do like I did on the other rifle and WILL do with this rifle when I can get it's scope and that is turn the back one so the scope can go WAY back and the front one forwards to support the bell. Will bost pictures in the stainless DSP thread tonight. Right now I am off to Mike's to work on rifles and install drives into the computer. See you folks later!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 06-07-2007, 10:59 AM
earthdragon090

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
have fun and good Vincent hope you pc makes it
earth