Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-14-2019, 06:24 PM
Cbman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kidd bolt handle upgrade

Hello everyone, I'm in the process of building a 10/22, I'm thinking of replacing the factory bolt handle with the Kidd kit, has anyone used one? If so are there any pros or cons to this? Was it money well spent or just purely cosmetic? Thank you for your time
Old 10-14-2019, 07:10 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
It is the quality handle with the polished guide rod that makes it worth the money.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:14 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Pfffffffft... it's a no-brainer.. they are slick as a Seals Arss.. 1 to 10 the OEM is a solid 2.. the KIDD Handle/Rod/Spring/s are a solid 10 Buy at will.. money well spent at twice the price!
Also... do yourself and that rifle a big favor.. use Hornady One Shot DL- Cleaner/Lube on all metal to metal in your 10/tweekie2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2019, 07:25 PM
Cbman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you both for the fast replies, so a dry lube would be better then the rem oil I've been using? And I'm going to try it out didn't take much twisting of the arm lol, and thank you both for your knowledge
Old 10-14-2019, 07:31 PM
Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbman View Post
Thank you both for the fast replies, so a dry lube would be better then the rem oil I've been using? And I'm going to try it out didn't take much twisting of the arm lol, and thank you both for your knowledge
I am a RemOil user from way way back.. at the time (25 years ago) it was decent.. still is for some weapons that need a wet/sloppy/messy lube... these little 10/tweekie2's like to be almost dry = hence the magic of Dry Lube... and a bonus is the DL does NOT attract/retain dirt/sludge or as we call it MUDD (MostUtterlyDistgustingDebris)

Read up... https://www.chuckhawks.com/hornady_one_shot2.html

Spray it on clean surfaces and let it dry.

Last edited by Chaser; 10-14-2019 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:35 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Kidd charging handle spring is un captured. Watch the u tube video of mr Kidd put it in. And yes they are way better than any of the others. I’m cheap, I only have one, but I need 9 more
Old 10-14-2019, 07:41 PM
Cbman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
I am a RemOil user from way way back.. at the time (25 years ago) it was decent.. still is for some weapons that need a wet/sloppy/messy lube... these little 10/tweekie2's like to be almost dry = hence the magic of Dry Lube... and a bonus is the DL does NOT attract/retain dirt/sludge or as we call it MUDD (MostUtterlyDistgustingDebris)

Read up... https://www.chuckhawks.com/hornady_one_shot2.html

Spray it on clean surfaces and let it dry.
Thank you the great article, what I read really impressed me, I've used many different types since I got into shooting, first hoppes then tried clp and then rem oil and ballistol, went back to rem oil because it seemed to work well and a whole lot less smell, I would love not dealing with mudd, worst part of cleaning I'd say, Thank you Chaser!!!!
Old 10-14-2019, 07:43 PM
Bird-Dog

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Hello everyone, I'm in the process of building a 10/22, I'm thinking of replacing the factory bolt handle with the Kidd kit, has anyone used one? If so are there any pros or cons to this? Was it money well spent or just purely cosmetic? Thank you for your time
The only con is that it doesn't have a captured spring. It comes with several interchangeable springs (of different spring-weights). That makes it a little more challenging to install than OEM. But totally worth the extra effort.

Personally, I like the ones with Viton rubber-like wraps. Just enough more comfortable when charging a round without being too squishy IMO.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:52 PM
Cbman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird-Dog View Post
The only con is that it doesn't have a captured spring. It comes with several interchangeable springs (of different spring-weights). That makes it a little more challenging to install than OEM. But totally worth the extra effort.

Personally, I like the ones with Viton rubber-like wraps. Just enough more comfortable when charging a round without being too squishy IMO.

Thank you for the reply, I was surfing fleabay and found Kidd on there, they had the black viton ring silver or the ringed silver, It was cheaper on there vs their website to ship it to me, but I seen pike arms had one that is captured, but have done business in the past with kidd on their bolt release and buffer was impressed with the quality, just wasn't sure if it was a much of a difference between stock and the Kidd to justify the cost
Old 10-14-2019, 08:02 PM
Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Quote:
Thank you for the reply, I was surfing fleabay and found Kidd on there, they had the black viton ring silver or the ringed silver, It was cheaper on there vs their website to ship it to me, but I seen pike arms had one that is captured, but have done business in the past with kidd on their bolt release and buffer was impressed with the quality, just wasn't sure if it was a much of a difference between stock and the Kidd to justify the cost
The Viton insert bounces the spent rounds off without the ding showing.. the others all show wear in time.. the grip of the Viton is good as well.. otherwise they all run the same.. fantastic! I Bling the ones that are not hollow on the outer surface...

Last edited by Chaser; 10-14-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:08 PM
Cbman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
The Viton insert bounces the spent rounds off without the ding showing.. the others all show wear in time.. the grip of the Viton is good as well.. otherwise they all run the same.. fantastic! I Bling the ones that are not hollow on the outer surface...

Never thought about that about the brass rim putting a ding into the handle but makes sense, just like the ar's will leave a brass track over time, but that's pretty awesome what you do with the parts, aren't you the one who blings the bolts and receivers too?
Old 10-14-2019, 08:42 PM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Nobody does “bling” like Chaser does.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:13 PM
Cbman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB View Post
Nobody does “bling” like Chaser does.
He is definitely gifted, everyone here is, I'm thankful for everyone guiding me in the right direction on my 10/22
Old 10-14-2019, 10:55 PM
Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Quote:
Never thought about that about the brass rim putting a ding into the handle but makes sense, just like the ar's will leave a brass track over time, but that's pretty awesome what you do with the parts, aren't you the one who blings the bolts and receivers too?
Uuuuuuuh.. maybe... how much money ya got? Ha... I give my time and tutorials FREEEEEEE. Bling is not for everyone... just the smart ones. Which reminds me of something I read today....

Last edited by Chaser; 10-14-2019 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:13 PM
Cbman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Uuuuuuuh.. maybe... how much money ya got? Ha... I give my time and tutorials FREEEEEEE. Bling is not for everyone... just the smart ones. Which reminds me of something I read today....

I find it really amazing what you have done with blinging, and not enough money since I got back into this hobby lol, and I completely agree with the quote, we have a younger guy in the shop i work at that you try to help and it's like a brick wall, I will take everything I can learn from you Chaser, you have made some pretty awesome rifles by the looks of it