Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:39 PM
Pardini1961

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
455 and Boyd's AT One

The stock is inlet such that there is no wood under the back 3/4" or so of the receiver. There is a large square flat under the rear action screw and back end of the receiver. The receiver has a round bottom, but it doesn't contact the flat under it, unless I loosen the front action screw. When I do the barrel lifts away from the front of the stock enough that I can easily slide my finger between the two.

Contacted Boyd's. Was told they sell hundreds of those stocks, so it it pretty much can't be a problem with the stock and that I need to torque the screws to 30, not the 20 inch pounds I said they were at.

Ill e mail them pictures to look at. My question is, is it reasonable to expect that the rear action screw and receiver have wood under it for support rather than hanging over a void? The OEM Tupperware stock supports the receiver in that area. Put a T1X in the same model stock and the fit and support is outstanding. Maybe there a different foot print on some 455's?

Ill bed that area, if they say it's normal.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:07 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Let's just say it wouldn't be the first time Boyd's shipped the wrong stock, send 'em the photos.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:26 AM
lesaus
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have 2 455 varmints, one with the thumbhole stock, the other with the Evolution stock. If I have read correctly on this forum, they are both made by Boyd's. They both have a flat inletting for the rear of the receiver where it makes contact with the stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2019, 12:55 PM
farm boy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I also have a Boyds Tacticool stock on my 455. The rear action screw is so short that if I am lucky it will get a full turn of contact. Screw is to short or the stock has problems. Sounds like we both have a poorly made stock.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:15 PM
luckyduck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cool 455 Boyds at1

I have a 455 22 lr and installed the At One about 18 months ago. Just checked it. Receiver is supported front to rear on sides and bottom front and rear of the receiver is tight to the stock at the actions screws. Action screws 18 rear, 20 front. Nothing like what is described. Just FYI